The end of Tuesday...

My trip to Seoul, South Korea. Sept 16 to Oct. 1, 2013

So for those that are actually reading this. Lol (i can't believe you are :-D thank you and sorry for the wait on chapters. Life sometimes gets a bit packed. Ugh. had a period of time where i was taking care of 3 horse farms along with my regular teaching/training..and trying to get back into my Tesol (want to teach English in Korea..) and my working on actually learning Korean...sometimes there are not enough hours in the day... But I'm back. :)

 

10:10 Wed. morning

So after I stopped writing yesterday I took a t short nap as I didn't want to fall asleep in the theater. 

I followed the directions that my phone gave me (Google maps for the win!)...except they were very wrong (Google maps for the fail!)

I ended up 20 minutes in the wrong direction. If i had gotten off in Dongdaemun I would have been better off.

But i went into a rather randomly placed hotel, and one of the desk clerks and I (With his and my language talents..or lack there of), were able to figure out where to go. They called me a taxi (super awesome) which took forever to get there (argh) ..seriously would have been better if i went outside and hailed a cab. But it's ok. Made it in time for the 8 pm show. :)

I didn't know where I wanted to sit when buying the tickets to Bonnie and Clyde. There were VIP (120,000 won), the mezzanine (100,000 won) and 3rd balcony (80,000 won). But I decided that since most of the VIP was taken and there was a front row in the 3rd balcony, that i would sit in the open section there.  And i am glad that i did. Cheaper and a perfect view. 

Pictures, were of course, prohibited, so no pictures were taken during the show. But that's ok. :)

 

The show was phenomenal. Key CAN sing (though you don't really hear it as much in the SHINee recordings...) and did an awesome job. Was he the best? No. My favorite singer that night was definitely the man playing Ted. OMG I started to tear up when he was singing a song (i believe) that was about him loving Bonnie and her not reciprocating. Such power and emotion in his voice.

 

AND so funny. If you want to see real kissing in Korea..the drama watchers will understand this..the play had it. Wow Key, just wow. lol.

Anyways, so it was a romanticized version of Bonnie and Clyde, which made them out to be better emotionally (Clyde had major issues from being in prison..it was very much glossed over...) and made the characters into semi romantic heros..which they were not... But all in all i loved it. I miss singing, as I am here..in a hotel room..and i sing all the time at home.. and watching this play made me want to get up and join them on the stage. lol. Even if i don't know the songs in Korean or in English. haha.

 

Super awesome job.

 




So then i went out and decided a taxi was taking me home.

 

The first man said no..basterd! Oh well.

 

The second brought me back, and we got slightly lost when aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalmost back..he wasn't sure the right street, so he asked a cute guy that was in the area (yay hot Koreans!...and he was probably like 16. ugh.) and then we made it back. 11,400 won for a 1/2 hour taxi ride. Can NOT get that in NYC!

Some pics from the taxi ride:


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then to my room to veg. I was still wide awake around 11-12 (sooo surprising!) and then i passed out.

 

Woke up this morning at the very late hour of 6:30 am (yay! sleeping late!) and have been vegging since then. I may go to Gangnam today, or to see where TS Entertainment (yay B.A.P.) is. I haven't decided yet.

 

Waiting for my phone to finish charging, and then on to food! Yay food. :-D

 

Jen out..10:30