Saturday

My trip to Seoul, South Korea. Sept 16 to Oct. 1, 2013

It is Saturday. Korean time 4:45. I am currently in my hotel room waiting for my phone to charge.

 

Today i slept until 530 (yay!) but I did wake up at 430, and then was able to fall back asleep. Woo for that.

I decided to go to the COEX Mall and Aquarium today.

 

Made it through a 40 minute subway ride with no mistakes (both ways!) and go to the mall, which is right outside of the line 2 exit for the Korean Trace Center in Gangnam.



 

Unfortunately the mall is doing a make over, so the majority of the stores are currently closed :-(  But I did get to the aquarium, which is a pricey 20,000 ish won, but it was something fun and different to do. I took LOTS of pictures. The little kids were so cute. :)

 



Then when I was done wandering around I left and was finally able to eat lunch. :) I played it safe with pepper bibimbap. Yum.

(Just to share. In Korea you eat rice with a spoon. Not chopsticks. Also, in general most of the places i ate at have their spoons and chopsticks in small drawers or boxes at the table.)

Then back to the mall. I did buy a silver bracelet of a star and a moon. The chain is super super thin and delicate, and the star and moon are covered in rhinestones. It sounds a little gaudy but it isn't.
 

It's the chain here.. ;)

I wandered around the Hundai Departments store (haha can't really afford the maj. of what is for sale in there), and made it to the top floor which is a small "park" like area. Very pretty.

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

So then my legs were tired, and I made my way back to the subway for another 40 minute ride. Came back to the room to take a break and charge up my cell and ipod before I head out again.  Going to go back to Hongdae and get dinner and see if I can find the place for croquettes that was shown on EatyourKimchi.com :-D