Monday and tuesday

My trip to Seoul, South Korea. Sept 16 to Oct. 1, 2013

So N Market was fun. I wandered around and looke dat stuff that I didn't want to buy. They have some of the oddest print combos, or just prints on outfits here. Not my tastes, but sometimes it does seem like anything goes.

 

I went ther specifically to buy my mom an ahjumma hat, and i found oen for 5,000 won. I think it was supposed to be 6, but I got it for 5.  Wandered in and around there, and on the way out I wanted food, so i stopped at a cute small restuarant for Duk Guk or rice cake (?) soup.  I used to eat that all the time at home, and it's one of my favorite Korean dishes. Usually it's sold as Man Duk Guk, which is souple with rice cakes and dumplings. I'd rather have it without the dumplings as they are generally pork, which I don't enjoy. :-( BUT this soup was delishoush. :-D

 

It also came with pickled raddish (Mu..something like that) which i LOVE, and Kimchii.  And while i was there and older man came in (50s) with a much younger girl. Don't know who they were to each other, but it was definitly interesting to watch the ladies running the shop interact with them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once back outside I found a stand selling tomatos..a huge huge container of them for 5,000 won. They came home with me. :-D And i just had some. Nom nom nom. :)

 

And then I found an underground shopping area, and i hoped that there might ba a music store! So even though my feet hurt, i went a looking. :-D

 

And i came home with the new cds from Exo (just the Korean one)m Beast, Vixx, and Jay Park's cd New breed from 2012. :-D

 

Then back to the subway where I was so smart. Got off at a stop too early. (argh!). And started to walk, but then said screw it. I had roughly 7,000 won on me, and that should be enough to ge back to the hostel. And it was. Yay! Only 5,000 won.  So then I forced myself to stay up until 10pm to see if i would sleep later.

I sorta did. I did wake up at 430, but then drifted in and out of sleep until about 630/7ish. Yay.

 

It was supposed to be on and off rainly today (it was) so I was goign to go to Times Square, but after reading up on it, it sounded like a place with stuff i can get in the dtates (eh) I searched around for something else to go and do.

Instead i went to the 광장시장 (gwangjangsijang) Market. It is a market that has been around since the very early 1900s and is covered by a class ceiling. So great idea for a rainy day. :-D

Made it out to the subwa and down (Euljirol-4? i think?)  and then a short walk from exit 4 of the station.


It is mainly a cloth/hanbok and clothing set of stores. I love Hanboks. I think some of them are just soooo pretty. as were the cloths.. so many colors and designs. :-)

I decided to eat there, as there is supposed to be an awesome food market. (It's huge) so i stopped at one with a super nice Ahjumma and had tteokbokki and Kimbap. ( I really really like kimbap).  The food was delicious and she kept feeding me extra kimbap. haha awesomeness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is what my meal looked like. :) The ttoekbokki is spicey/sweet and comes with (in this version) a type of fish cakes. I don't really like them, so i didn't eat them. There was a nice cup of soup. The kimbap also had pickled raddish (yay!) and a slight mustard/spicey sauce to dip kimbap in. Very much cleaned my nose out! lol i was able to breathe very well after that. :-D All this for 5,000 won.

More info on ttoekbokki can be seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tteokbokki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So afterwards, I wandered a little more, took some pictures of the Cheongycheong and then back to the subway to go home and rest.  Didn't even mind haveing to stand on the subway as i was kinda hot, and was directly under the airconditioner. Yay me.

 

On the way home i stopped for a red bean corcket (tasty) and have been charging up my ipod and cell while reading. Going to see Bonnie and Clyde tonight!

 

Yay!!!

 

Picked today as I want to see Shinee's Key perform in it. So that is later. I have to see where it is and what is around it. So i should see if i should eat around there or somewhere here.

So we shall see.

 

:)

 

3:05 Tuesday.