Monday

My trip to Seoul, South Korea. Sept 16 to Oct. 1, 2013

And back from Lotte World! 2 pm Korean time. I just found the new Block B song on twitter...and OMG Love!!! Why does the cd come out the day AFTER I leave? Argh! BB what's with that? :-(

(If you haven't seen/heard them...here's the two released songs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJGcO5Une-g

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNtuOrw6mfc

 

 

Anyways. Made it to Lotte World and had fun. I went on some rides, ate some food and bought super cute wire cat ears (Been wanting them since last year!!) and nice star earrings (yea i have a thing for stars. Thankfully, so, apparently, do Koreans. :-D

So the basics on Lotte World.

 

You can take the subway there (sorry can't remember which line it was), and you step out of the exit and look for the huge fox.

Granted though..he kinda looks like a raccoon. Maybe he's a red panda? I dunno. Walk towards him. yea.

Then at the corner..you go to the right and you should see it in front of you. While i was walking there, this dapper looking gentleman in a 3 piece suit (grandfather age) looked at me with this huuuge grin and was like "HI!" and i was, well, shocked lol, and said, "Hello" back at him and we smiled and walked on. Thanks for making me smile Ahjussi!

 

So as you walk towards the LT entrance, on your right (across the street) is the indoor section, and on your left is the outdoor section. There's a bunch of statues and what not around as well. It's really really pretty.

 

Indoor section.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kewl looking sculpture..but won't the bird drop the woman when he flaps his wings to fly?

 

 

 

So the entrance fee is really cheap (compared to, say, Great Adventure in the states). I believe it was about 27,000 won? something close to that. If you go early like i did, you don't need the pass ahead thing (you can kinda jump the line when you get that) which is about 20,000 won extra? something like that. Even so, super cheap. 

Then once you pay you can enter either side, by going across the bridge to the castle or up the stairs and over the street to Lotte World. If you watch the videos I posted in an earlier chapter, there is a section that has the Lotte World views.

 

I started in the outside section, as it was gorgeous out and there was pretty much no one there.

Sadly, though, a lot of the rides were not running (i don't know if they were being worked on or what), so i didnt get to go on the roller coasters. :-( i LOVE roller coasters. Oh well. Next time :-D

BUT still, i had a blast, even if i was by myself.

The people who work at LW, that i spoke to, did speak good or enough English that i was able to get questions answered, so non Korean speakers will be fine there.

In the outside section are rides for everyone. I loved the one that spun out over the lake. That was awesome. BUT make sure you wear shoes that don't come off. haha. I had on my slip on shoes, and was worried about that. BUT there is a section on the side for everyone to put their bags, and they have a spot for shoes as well. So smart. :0D

Me in front of the castle!

 

 

My awesome cat ear headband! I didn't take a great pic of it. But i was happy! :-D But you can buy a lot of super obnoxious and cutesy type of headbands, such as cat ears, bright sparkly bows, other animal ears, etc.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's the way into the larger section of LW.

Inside the building there are 5? i think? stories..but i think there may be more than that. Can't remember!

The bottom floor has food and an ice skating rink (didn't do it this time, as my feet prob wouldn't have been able to handle it, but oh i wanted to! And i would have prob. fallen. A lot. yea. :0D

 You can look over the center of the building as there's a huge opening in the middle of it. There are rides on every floor, all the way to the ceiling. (There's a balloon ride on the ceiling. I wasn't able to go on that as you had to have 4 people, and I don't think claiming imaginary friends would have let me up there. Boo).

There's also many different places to eat, be it snacks or actual sit down food. There's a TGI Fridays on one side as well. I ended up having a burger. was pretty good. :)

There's a log flume, a roller coaster, a dragon-running-around-lazer-tag like game, bumper cars, ummm...a huge stage for productions, kiddie rides, ummm..etc. Super lots of fun. More fun with friends, but awesome all the same. :-D

 

After I left the park i wandered into an underground shopping area. I LOVE underground shopping areas. There are SO many of them in Seoul.

 

_____

 

Now I'm back in the hostel resting my feet. I might go to Namdaemun Market later as that can last all night.

***(Seriously there's a night market. I didn't do that this time, but we did it last year and it's a great thing to check out. BUT BEWARE that if you think you are buying some super high priced name brand whatever (purse/shoes) etc. out there, you aren't. You're getting a knock off. SK is pretty notorious for that. You want those items, go to the actual stores. )***

Just have to see what subway to take. So proud of me for figuring that all out! Though you still will not get me to go alone in NYC. Those trains are just eww and creepy. lol.

 

3:45...

 

Off to Namdarmun Market!