Day 2 continued

My trip to Seoul, South Korea. Sept 16 to Oct. 1, 2013

Those are addresses of music companies. (Previous chapter). I did get to see the YG Entertainment building. I can't remember if I took a taxi to the area (I don't think so), a subway (maybe?) or I walked (most likely this). I did walk for the majority of my travels, though, and my feet are sore, so, it's probably this.


The YG building is in the middle of apartments/houses (literally surrounded by them), which I found interesting.

 

I, of course, passed by the building several times because I can't read maps. Yay me. But then I found  a place i could get wifi (American cell phone as I really didn't need a Korean one), and found a website that explained the directions on how to get places. Then I was able to find the building. Google maps (downloaded app) will also help a bit.

(<--found while wandering around. This is right next to the highway. Super old. Awesome what you can find when you aren't looking for it.)

It's an interesing building, and i would love to go in and see how the windows actually work. Of course I didn't see anyone, and I was there about an hour. Not really to stalk the artists, but to give my feet a break.  ( I had been walked for a long time that morning, first around Hongdae {totally dead in the AM} and then to the YG building. (I do think I took at subway over..just one stop from the Hongik University station on line 2 to the Hapjeong station). So that was from about 630 AM to around 10 AM.

So I sat and played on my phone for about an hour (I would get some wifi randomly, so i tried to use it to figure out what I wanted to do next).

I took pictures of the building, and the graffiti (lot's and lot's of messages written on the fence in front of the building and on the white walls across from it). There were a couple other fans that showed up while i was sitting. One set was Japanese, which was kewl. Lot's of messages for BIGBANG/2ne1. Mostly for GD and TOP. Barely anything for Daesung (don't you worry D. I love ya. We'll always have the NJ Concert.) Lets go to Norabang! lol. :-) I won't hog the mic...much...



        



GD's Coup d'Etat car? :-D



So then I made it back to my hotel and passed out. After waking I took a shower (yay for two showers a day. I am getting so gross and sweaty! Damn my genes and the humidity. I really hope i don't smell because of it. :-(

Later that evening, I made my way to Hongdae for the night. Granted I went the wrong way at first, but then changed direction and found my way over. Making the 20 minute walk...into 40 minutes. sigh. Yay me. Yay google maps, i love you :-D

 

So Hongdae is super busy with a lot going on. There were several areas with musicians playing from jazz to rock type music.

 

There were A LOT of people there going in and out of the the shops and all of the restaurants. I bought a stick for my hair (black bamboo with purple stones hanging off of the top), earrings and socks. Yay socks. I want to get BigBang socks before I leave. If i can find them.

 

Pictures: Hongdae area early in the morning.

 




Hongik University