Day 3

My trip to Seoul, South Korea. Sept 16 to Oct. 1, 2013

...Back tracking a bit :-D ...

The first day of my over doing the walks, (wed), I ended up finding an underground mall (they are all over Seoul. Awesomeness!), that had a small cd store. 176,000 won later I am the owner of the new albums by Super Junior: Hero (Japanese album), Shinee's double cd (Misconceptions of you & me), Henry's Trap, Seungri's Let's talk about Love, GDragon's Coup d'Etat, Junsu's Incredible, Boyfriends's Janus, B.A.P.'s BadMan, and Teentop's Class. :-D.

Yay cds! I have a list of like 10 more still to get, though. Hopefully I can find them and will still have money for them as well. I'd be sad if not. :-( I do wish i bough brought my computer so I could have uploaded the songs to my ipod, but o well.

So yea.


Today is Friday, and it's 9 pm Korean time, and 8 am NJ time. Today I figured out the subways! Sorta.  Yesterday I tried to get them, but I ended up takign the wrong one, and went to Itaewon instead of where i had planned to go. Oops. Interesting place, but I had bubble tea, which combined with the heat, made me super sick to my stomach. It . So I taxied back to my hostel to cool off. Ugh!

Some pics of Itaewon:



 

 

So today I woke up at 430 am. (I blame the medication I am on, cause I was doing that at home too) and I played on my phone and read my Anita Blake book for a while.  Then I got ready and had "breakfast" or jam on bread and orange juice (well it was free..) THEN off to conquer the subway.

Thanks to google maps, I was able to figure out how to get to Jongno-gu, which is the general area that I wanted to be, so that I would be able to take the Seoul City Tour bus.

So for 12,000 won, you can go on a two hour Seoul downtown bus tour. (If you stay on it the whole time). But you have the option to get on and off as much as you want, to what ever locations that the bus takes you to, from 10-7pm. So I wanted to mainly go to Insadong and Dongdaemun (I had done this tour last year, so had been to the majority of the places last year. :)



In Dongdaemun I had a stick of pineapple (messy juicy goodness) for 2,000 won. I was so hungry I didn't care.

 

Then I wondered around and didn't buy anything else, but did get to see a huge market, like a flea market or garage sale, which was interesting. And then I got lost. Im so smart. I kept walking the wrong directions and was super far from where I wanted to be. I did ask a man where I was in regards to the market, and i was way far away. Taxi it was!

(I did get some nice pictures of the Cheongyecheon)

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So I caught a taxi (omg sweaty me and ouchie feet) to Insadong. The next place I wanted to go., and I wandered around there. I had these...?Calbi? to eat. OMG so good. Picture a hot pocket (one that is actually edible and really good). The first one was filled with autumn squash...soooo good... and the second one was pizza..with corn.. It was interesting. Not bad, but not as good as the squash one.

 

Insadong

 

While there I bought an owl mirror for a friend, and a wooden horse puzzle for another friends' son. (His birthday is right when I come back). Lots and lots of nice stores to go through, but nothing else that really could my eye. Other than a drink. Hot and humid!

So then I found the bus pick up. But the time for that wasn't for 20 minutes and I didn't want to wait, as it was only about a mile to the subway. So i walked, and i got to watch how Koreans deal with traffic. With police moving them around. Seemed to work pretty well!

Slowly, I walked back to the subways station and got on. Of course I picked the right train, going to wrong way. But I caught it in time. So yea.

Made it to my stop and took a taxi back. 3,000 won is a very good price for me not having to walk.

So then I fell asleep for a couple hours and had to force myself to get up and not keep sleeping.

 

So now i have been up for a couple of hours doing nothing. I was going to do some laundry (yay washing machine in the hotel room!) but I think i will do that in the am when i am figuring out my day.

Been watching very bad Korean talk shows and writing in here. But it is now 10 pm and i am fading. Hopefully i will sleep later than 430 am tomorrow!