Kim Jongin

“Take Care of My Boyfriend”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s get one thing clear on who exactly is this man named Kim Jongin. I never, ever in my whole life had a moment like that to hate someone on first sight. But this particular man, something about him, about the way he looked me in the eyes the first night we met made me feel nothing else but repulsion.

 

“Hey! Ready to go?” I asked Chaelin, peaking inside her room where she was putting on her earrings. “Woah, was there a code dress mentioned on the ticket that I didn’t see?” My eyes got twice the size at the sight of her outfit, a strapless mini black dress and killer high heels that were making her honey legs sparkle in the electric light.

“No, silly, I just wanted to wear this new dress I got from my daddy-long-legs,” her laughter invaded the room. “So, how do I look?” She then twirled around, allowing me to feel the full power of her perfect features.

But I smiled nonetheless. As her best friend, I was used to all her beauty and tricks and expensive taste. “Superb like always, darling. Now, ready to go?”

“Yes, just let me check if I have everything set… Ok! We’re good to go!”

I watch her pick up her clutch purse from her bed and float towards me,, wearing her perfect smile as her killer weapon. Something was up. Something was fishy about her dressing up for such a simple party. “So, who’s the lucky one?” I kicked away a small pebble as we walked down the alley towards the house of our friend.

“Huh?” Chaelin looked up from her phone for the first time. “What lucky one? There’s no lucky one!”

Now, her relaxed laughter could have tricked everyone else. But not me. “C’mon, Chaelin! There has to be someone you’re expecting to see at this party. You’ve got that,” I stopped and looked at her, measuring her from head to toes, “something. Like a glow! Last time you put this much effort in your make-up and clothes, you were after the dean’s son, that – what was his name again?”

“Luhan, his name is Luhan and he’s still one of the sweetest guys I met,” she laughed.

We were approaching the house where the party was being held and the loud music could already be heard clearly. The university’s band, SHINee, was screaming loudly some dirty pop through the speakers. But I wasn’t going to let it slip away as I had to know on whom exactly I had to keep an eye on. “So?”

Chaelin sighed. “Fine, fine! There is someone. Happy now?”

“And he is…?”

But it was too late as we had already stepped inside the house’s yard and people started greeting Chaelin from everywhere. Yeah, talk about being invisible… So I slipped away to a safe distance from Chaelin, still keeping an eye on her. I was curious about who was her new prey.

“Hey, Seon Yul,” my boyfriend, Chanyeol, appeared from the crowd, his smile getting even larger .

“Hey,” I relaxed my body against his as he hugged me from behind, wrapping his arms around my waist. “How on Earth did they manage to bring SHINee? Heard they’re quite the deal when it comes to attending parties.”

“You know Onew sunbae?”

“Yeah.”

“He’s my childhood friend and was more than happy to attend the party,” Chanyeol’s smile could be felt in his voice. “You like their music?”

But I was no longer paying him attention as I saw the crowd parting around Chaelin and some guy approaching her slowly, making her smile freeze. Was I seeing clear? Was the famous Lee Chaelin out of words as the man took her hand, pulling her towards the dancing floor inside the house?

“Excuse me for a minute,” I pulled myself away from Chanyeol’s arms and made way through the crowd, seeking for a way to approach the couple. But because I knew Chaeling was going to look for hiding, I chose to appear in front of them, leaving her no possibility of escaping. “Hey! Chaelin!” I smiled brightly, stopping right in front of them. “Not going to introduce your best friend to your partner?” I kept my eyes on my best friend as she showed clear signs of something that looked like embarrassment. So I took th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter