“Take care of my boyfriend.”

“Take Care of My Boyfriend”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up in the middle of the night, my casted leg throbbing in pain as well as my ribs. Sighing, I tried to reach for the pills on the nightstand without waking up Chanyeol who was sleeping on his back, his mouth slightly ajar. But, just like Murphy pointed out, something is bound to happen whenever you’re trying your best not to make any noise. And so, Chanyeol’s book ended on the floor with a loud bang, making the owner jump up and look confused around.

“What? What? What happened?” He tried to rub his eyes, but only managed to hit the frames of his glasses instead.

I could only smile apologetically. “Sorry, I was trying to get my pain killers from the nightstand.”

“Why didn’t you ask me to get them for you?” He jumped off the bed and slipped on his book on his way to the bathroom. “Here’s water,” he returned with a glass of cold water. “Is your leg hurting again?” His worried eyes checked the cast as I swallowed my pills.

“Yeah. And my ribs too,” I unconsciously rubbed my chest, feeling some sort of discomfort inside there as well.

“That’s why you should have allowed me to drive you to the clinic yesterday,” he frowned as he picked up his book from the floor. Advanced Cybernetics. “And don’t tell me I need to study for this exam,” he then continued, throwing the book on the desk, “ ‘cause we both know that I’m way above the level of this professor!”

I opened my mouth. But what could I have said? Something between “Oh, I’m sorry, Chanyeol, but my doctor and I made a deal with my dead best friend’s ghost.” and “Oh well, I’m preparing myself to get treated for schizophrenia if it doesn’t work.”? So I closed my mouth and continued rubbing my chest that was definitely not happy with something. “Now you’re just being a smart-, Chanyeol,” I finally mumbled. “It’s not that I don’t want you there or anything, but I don’t like being treated like an invalid and I definitely hate the feeling that I am a constant bother to you. So yeah, it’s better this way even if I end up with every muscles in pain.”

“You’re really stubborn, you know?” Chanyeol placed the glasses on his head and rubbed his tired eyes.

“Ain’t that  why you love me?” I stuck out my tongue. “Come,” I patted the empty place next to me, “let’s go back to sleep.”

“You know, any other boy in place would think you’re hiding something,” he said while hitting his pillow to make it more comfortable before throwing himself on his belly. “But we’ve always told each other everything,” he played with my fingers.

“So we did, didn’t we?” I bit my lip, trying to keep under control the waves of guilt. “Remember how we met?”

Resting his temple on his palm, he shifted on his right side, a silly smile hanging loose on the corner of his lips. “Of course I do! You entered the boys room and despite the ruckus you created there, you didn’t bother to spare us a look as you searched for an empty cabin. That day I thought I killed my mojo with the zipper, you know?!”

I rolled my eyes and kept my laughter under control. Even to that day he was unaware of the fact that I had seen everything the moment I had stepped inside the room! The the way his face turned rainbow colours when the zipper bit him – now that was the funniest moment of the month! “Yeah and when I got out you were waiting beside the sinks with your arms crossed, sending lightning through your glasses,” I smiled through the darkness.

“I was not!” Chanyeol denied. “Ok, maybe I was, but it was curiosity more than anything else.”

“Yeah, I know. ‘Cause you asked me ‘Hey, young lady, what are you doing in the boys’ toilet?’. Now I don’t know what scientific answer you expected, but you looked totally taken aback when I told you I was looking for a place to take a ,” I carefully shifted on my place so that I was facing him.

“I was certainly not expecting a girl to give such a straightforward answer,” his fingers caressed my hair gently. “And then my chase began.”

“And then the chase began,” I allowed myself to close my eyes and accept the liquid tranquility that seemed to flow from his fingers. “After all these months, I still don’t understand you, Park Chanyeol,” I then opened my eyes to find his face close to mine. “I still don’t understand how an intelligent guy such like yourself, a realistic guy that doesn’t trust dreamers, became attracted to a dreamer such as myself. It’s against all physics!”

“Because you fascinated me, Go Seon Yul,” he leaned in and kissed my forehead. “You’re an enigma. Just like the Sphinx! A mathematical problem I cannot solve yet. At first I wanted to find the answer and read you, but somewhere on the way I gave up on all that silliness and found myself contemplating on your ideas, on your serious smile, on your silence when you read, on your sleeping face. You must have intoxicated my senses, Go Seon Yul, and I expect you take responsibility f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter