A Second Chance

“Take Care of My Boyfriend”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say that the night is a good counselor. So, after tossing around the bed, on my tummy, then on my back, arms spread over the mattress, embracing the empty space next to me, I silently made up my mind to give him another chance. However, I had to see it with my own eyes if he was indeed that worthy before actually approaching him. So I made my plan and prayed Chaelin’s supernatural powers didn’t include the ability to read minds.

The clock on my nightstand was indicating 6 am when I unlocked my cell phone and searched in my contact list for a certain name.

“What’s up?” The manly voice on the other line made me shiver under my covers. I missed hearing his voice!

“Did I woke you up?” I asked, my eyes following the constellations drawn with fluorescent stars glued to the ceiling.

“It doesn’t matter. Did something happen? Are you alright? I swear that I’ll kill that Park Chanyeol!” He fired up as fast as I remembered.

“No, it’s not Chanyeol,” I chuckled softly. “I was just wondering if you could help me with something.”

“Anything.”

The warmth in his voice traveled to me despite the distance. “Can we meet today after you finish classes?”

“I don’t have classes today. How about I pick you up after yours end?”

The university campus was going to gossip. But did I care? “Ok. My classes end at 4 pm. Can you wait for me in front of the main gates?”

“Sure! Then I’ll see you later. Err, Seon Yul?” His voice softened towards the end.

“Hmmm?”

“I missed you.”

 

×  ♣ ×

All day I moved around the campus with extra care because one – I was still experiencing mild forms of pain on my leg and two – I was trying my best to avoid Chanyeol and/or his friends. So, every time I’d step inside the classroom, I’d first look around, looking for my boyfriend’s tall stature. But thankfully, he hadn’t come around my classes. That until the last English course that we, humanistic sciences, had to take together with the IT students.

I entered the room and scanned the students already inside there only to meet the dark circles of an unshaved Park Chanyeol. The place next to him was occupied by his bag, a clear sign he had kept it for me. But something drove to the other side of the room.

Even so, concentrating during the lecture became difficult while feeling his stare burning holes on my back. I wasn’t sure what exactly had happened between us, but I was sure as heck the silence he had kept for the past two days wasn’t pleasing or good for our relationship. And honestly, I didn’t even care anymore.

“Seon Yul.” Fingers grabbed my elbow and twirled me around, forcing me to face him.

“Let go,” I hissed, slapping his fingers that were digging into my flesh. “I don’t want to talk to you.”

“Why?” But he knew better than that as he let go. It was just the need to defend himself in front of my accusing eyes, the natural defense building up in front of my eyes.

“You know the best what you did, Chanyeol,” I arranged the strap of my bag on my shoulder, my jaw clenched. “No,” I stopped him by raising my palm, “I don’t want to hear your explanations. Not until you tell me the truth. Maybe then you’ll remember that we promised each other to be sincere one to another. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to meet someone.”

“Who? Seon Yul! Go Seon Yul!” His calling echoed on the hallway, making people turn their heads.

I was a double faced piece of nothing. How could I demand sincerity from him, from the one that offered me everything on a silver plate while I was pursuing a secretive mission?

“Seon Yul!” A man stepped out from a dark blue car, his smile lighting up his face while he waved at me.

I stopped for a minute to imprint his looks in my memory and heart. Details like his new haircut, the tailored, navy blue suit, his dark sun-glasses and his sincere smile made me understand that he was doing so much better now. So I returned the smile as I jumped into his open arms, encircling his neck with my arms and holding h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter