Chapter 2

Breaking the Walls

Myungsoo POV

 

I walked into my room only to find it empty. I looked around and saw that the backside of the room was decorated nicely and the desk was full of stuff. I walked to the empty bed and placed my suitcases on top of it. I began to unpack everything I had which was mostly clothes, a couple of books. Then I pulled out the only picture frame I had and placed it on my bedside table. In it there was a picture of Sunggyu hyung and I. When you opened the picture frame there was a picture a picture of her. Just as I was reaching to open the picture frame the door opened and I heard a loud scream. I looked over at the person who had just walked in and made that loud screech and saw a guy with a really weird expression on his face. We stood there for a while just looking at each other until I couldn’t stand it anymore.

 

“Umm, you might want to close your mouth,” I told him as I turned away.

 

“Right. Um so who are you?”

 

“L.”

 

“L? What is L?”

 

“Call me L.”

 

“Is that your name?”

 

“Is that your real name?”

 

I didn’t answer him. Instead I grabbed one of the books I had brought with me and sat on my bed.

 

“What kind of name is L? And what are you doing here?”

 

I continued to ignore him.

 

“Oh are you my new roommate? I guess you are. I mean this is your stuff right? Well my name is Sungyeol. Let’s be friends okay. I can introduce you to my brother later. He is 16. Oh hey is this you? Who is the other guy in the picture? What is this button?”

 

He grabbed the picture frame and was about to press the button to open the frame. I reached out and grabbed it from his hands.

 

“Do not touch my stuff ever again.”

 

“Okay sorry. I didn’t know it was that big of a deal. Sorry.”

 

I placed the frame back on the table and continued reading. Maybe now he would leave me alone. It was quiet for a while so I put down some of the barrier in my head to read his mind. At first I heard nothing and I smiled in satisfaction. Maybe now he was scared of me and wouldn’t bother me anymore. Then I heard his thoughts.

 

‘I wonder what is inside the picture frame. Oh wells, I can’t get into his business and make him hate me if I want to be friends with him.’

 

Wait what? He’s not scared of me? He wants to be friends? No, that can’t happen. There is no way I will be friends with him. I can’t have friends. They will only leave me behind when they get bored. Just like her.

 

“Hey are you done packing?” Sungyeol asked interrupting my thoughts. “If you are I can show you around and introduce you to some people.”

 

“No thanks.”

 

“Why not? You can’t just stay in here all day.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Oh. Well what are you going to do?”

 

“None of your business.”

 

“Oh right sorry.”

 

‘I have to keep trying. He is really hard to talk to but I won’t give up.’

 

“Please do give up.”

 

I winced as I heard a loud screech like scream.

 

“Oh my goodness! How did you know what I was thinking?! Oh my gosh what are you?!”

 

“We are in a school for mystical creatures.”

 

“Oh right. I forgot. So are you a mind reader or something like that?”

 

“Something like that.”

 

“Oh um okay…Well anyway I’m a vampire. Don’t worry I don’t bite. Haha get it? I’m a vampire but I don’t bite.”

 

I watched as he fell and began to roll on the floor while laughing like crazy. This year was going to be a long year since we were only allowed to switch roommates at the end of the year. I would have to find somewhere else to hang out in. I got up from the bed and walked out of the room leaving the Sungyeol guy still on the floor laughing. I decided to go to the different study lounges and recreational rooms in hopes of finding somewhere quiet where I could wait for Sunggyu hyung to finish unpacking. As I was walking through the hallways I bumped into someone. I looked down to see a boy on the floor.

 

“Ow! Jeez, why can’t you watch where you’re going?” the boy mumbled.

 

“Sorry.” I reached down to help him up.

 

He grabbed my hand and stood up.

 

“Thanks,” the boy said finally looking up to see me. When our eyes met he seemed to freeze.

 

‘Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!! He is so hot!’

 

“Umm are you okay?” I asked him.

 

“Hmm oh yeah. Thanks.”

 

I began walking away as fast as I could so that he wouldn’t start talking to me.

 

“Hey wait! What’s your name?”

 

I turned a corner and continued walking. I really did not want this guy to follow me and try to talk to me. He would only be interested in me for my looks and then leave me when he got bored. Just like she did. I finally reached what seemed like one of the study lounges and luckily it was empty. I went to one of the bookshelves and grabbed a book. Then I lied down on one of the sofas and began to read as I waited for Sunggyu to call for me.


 

Hey guys Yay I updated!! I don't really like it but hey it's only the beginning so I hope it gets better. I'm kind of excited for the next chapter. It's in someone else's POV and I'm excited for this character because I haven't written the POV of someone like him. I will update as soon as I can. Please leave comments and let me know what you guys think!!! See you guys!! ^^