Chapter 6

Breaking the Walls

Hoya POV

 

Dongwoo and I spent some time with our new friends Sunggyu and Myungsoo, or L. Dongwoo seemed to be really excited and happy to have met them, and if Dongwoo was happy so was I. They both seemed like really nice people though Myungsoo was a bit reserved. I was happy to have met them too. 

It soon got to be late and we had to go to our seperate rooms. We planned to see each other at breakfast so we could help them go to their classes. Dongwoo and i went to our shared room. Dongwoo was bouncing around in excitement about having made some new friends. i just looked at him, smiling at his weirdness and cuteness. 

"Hoya. I'm really glad we met them," Dongwoo said as he started to calm down a little. 

"Yeah me too."

"I think this year will be a great year."

"Me too."

After that, Dongwoo calmed down and we both went to bed. I could soon hear Dongwoo's soft breathing as he began to fall asleep. I turned to look at him and saw that he was facing me in his sleep. This made my heart beat faster. I loved watching him sleep. He looked so peaceful and his face was angelic. 

I had met Dongwoo my first year at this academy. It was my first time there but Dongwoo had been there for several years. I saw him for the first time during lunch. I had walked into the cafeteria and sat down at a table by myself. I was just eating and minding my own business when I heard the funniest and weirdest laugh I had ever heard. I looked around to find the source of the sound and that was when I saw him. The most beautiful and angelic guy I had ever seen laughing at something his friend had said. Ever since then I would just watch him whenever I could. After a month at the academy I was still only watching him from a distance. One day during supper I was trying to find him because he wasn't at his usual spot with his friend who I later knew was Sungyeol. After a while I gave up looking for him and just focused on eating my food when I felt someone sit down next to me. I looked at who it was and was shocked to see a grinning Dongwoo.

"Hey."

"Umm h-hi."

"My name is Dongwoo. What's yours?"

"H-H-Howon. I mean Hoya."

"Howon. What an intersting name."

"Thanks. Though I prefer to be called Hoya."

"That's a nice name too but I like your real name better."

"Oh um thanks."

"Why are you alone? Come sit with me and my friend."

"Um, it's okay. I'm fine sitting alone."

"Then I'll stay here with you."

"You don't have to."

"I want to."

I turned back to my food trying to hide the blush forning on my face.

"So what are you?"

"Sorry?"

"I'm a shape-shifter."

"Oh, well I control the elements."

"Wow! That's really cool! I wish I could do that. Shape-shifting isn't that great."

"I think it's interesting."

"Really? You think so?"

"Y-yeah."

He started to laugh. I was still in shock. I couldn't believe he had come to talk to me. After that day he began to sit with me for a while during meals before going to his original table with Sungyeol and Sungjong. Then one day while he was sitting with me, Sungyeol and Sungjong came to sit with us. 

"So this is where you go during the first half of mealtimes," Sungyeol said as he sat down.

"Why have you been hiding him from us Dongwoo? It's not fair. We want to be friends with him too," Sungjong said as he smacked Dongwoo on the back of his head. 

"No! Howon is my friend. You can't have him."

"What? Why not?"

"Fine, but you can only be friends. I'm his bestfriend and he's my best friend so you can't be best freinds with him."

"Fine whatever. Nice to meet you Howon. I'm Sungjong and this is my older brother Sungyeol."

"You can't call him Howon. He likes to be called Hoya. Only I can call him Howon."

"Why are you so greedy Dongwoo?" Sungjong whined.

"Yah! Just do what hyung tells you. Don't question me."

"Okay okay chill."

"It's nice to meet you Hoya," Sungyeol said with a smile. "I hope we can all be good friends."

"Thank you Sungyeol."

Ever since then we have become really good friends. Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and I have become almost inseperable and Sungjong was visiting us whenever he could or he got tired of being with his friends. Later Woohyun, an old childhood friend of mine began to attend the academy with us and began hanging out with us before he got really popular and began to hang with his crowd but would be with us when he tired of his fans. 

I was happy that I wasn't alone like I had become used to. I finally had people who were always there for me. The only thing that I was scared of were the feelings I had for Dongwoo. He was everything I could have ever asked for and more but I knew he couldn't be mine. He only saw me as a friend and nothing more. He was very popular and there was a line of people wanting to be recognized by him and be with with him. Compared to them I didn't have a chance. I have been happy just being his friend and I will continue to be his friend until he decides he doesn't want or need me anymore. Even then I will be happy because he will be happy. His happiness was and will always be my happiness.

 


 

Hello fellow Inspirits!!! OMG it has been a really really really long time since my last update!! I am so sorry about that!!!! Please forgive me!!!! I noticed this story really has a lot of subscribers ( at least for me). And I kept getting new ones so, thanks to the constant subscribers, I decided to add another chapter. Yay me! Anyways I hope you guys like it. It's not as interesting as the others but I wanted to give a little background on the gang and show a little yadong for those who enjoy it! Please comment and I will definetely post another chapter soon, or at least before this month is over... hopefully. I have something written I just need to edit it and add some details so it shouldn't take that long. Anyways thanks for sticking with me even after all this time! Love you guys!!! <3