Chapter 9

Breaking the Walls

Sunggyu POV

 

Even though I had told Myungsoo we would be okay I was worried. If people found out who we were, it wouldn't take long for them to find us and take us away. Then they would marry me off to a noble vampire whom I wouldn't love and wouldn't recieve any love back. They would marry Myungie off to a noble jerk and send him away. The worst part was that the last person who was suggested to be my partner was Myungsoo's "ex girlfriend" Son Naeun. That was the last straw and what pushed me to runaway with Myungsoo. I couldn't be the cause for his suffering and I knew he would suffer a lot if I ended up being mated to Naeun.

Supper was soon over and we all separated to do our assignments. We agreed to meet up later before curfew so we could hang out. Sungyeol was a bit reluctant to join us but Dongwoo wouldn't listen to his excuses. There was something going on between him and Myungie. During lunch and dinner I noticed they would steal glances at each other. I knew not to bring it up with Myungsoo  but I was really curious. I decided to let it go for now.

Myungsoo and I went to the study lounge we had found the night before and stayed there until it was time to meet up with the rest near the lake. We didn't talk much while we waited. We both knew what we were thinking but didn't want to talk about the possibility of being found out. The only thing I told Myungsoo was to not think about it in case there was another sort of mind reader around the academy.

We went to our meeting places do found Dongwoo and Hoya waiting for Jewish another guy. This new guy was talking animatedly until he turned and saw us. He quickly glanced over me and then turned to stare at Myungsoo. He quickly said bye to Dongwoo and Hoya and ran away. I turned to see if Myungsoo had noticed, but he only rolled his eyes and continued walking. 

'It's the same guy that thinks I'm handsome'

'So why did he run away?'

'He's "not prepared" to face me. He wasn't looking his best.'

I laughed under my breath and he just rolled his eyes at me again. When we got close to the two boys who were waiting for us Dongwoo began to jump up and down excitedly. 

"Yay! You guys made it. Now we just have to wait for Sungyeol and we can get going."

"Where are we going?" I asked. Everytime I saw him it surprised me how much energy he had. I always wondered how he could always be so happy. He was growing on me and I could tell he had the same effect on Myungsoo. I could see his guard coming down a little everytime Dongwoo was around. 

"There's a small clearing that we found in the forrest. There's a creek that passes through there and connects to the lake after a while."  We turned to see Sungyeol walking towards us. That was the most I have ever heard him speak.

"Oh cool. Do a lot of people know about it?"

"Not really. Woohyun and I found it on one of his runs."

"You run with him?" Hoya asked a bit shocked.

"Yeah. Well I don't run, I fly."

"Oh that sounds more like you."

Sungyeol just made a face at him and said nothing.

"Anyways, let's get going." Dongwoo grabbed my arm and pulled me towards where the clearing was.

Myungsoo followed behind us with Sungyeol. It took us about 20 minutes to get there. It would have been faster for us vampires and maybe Dongwoo if he shifted, but Hoya was still human and still experimenting with his powers so we walked at his pace.The clearing was pretty hidden. The entrance looked like a wall of trees. It was small and hidden so well I found it hard to believe Woohyun and Sungyeol just happened to stumble upon it. If you didn't know where the entrance was you would just hit a wall of trees and rocks. When we walked through the entrance, we walked for a minute through what seemed like a cave-like tunnel. When we finally made it through to the clearing I froze in awe. It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. There were flowers everywhere around the creek/mini lake and a medium sized waterfall on one side of it. There was a stream on the other side which led to what I assumed was the lake. It was all so beautiful. I wanted to stay there forever.

"Come on hyung." Dongwoo pulled me towards a set of boulders that looked over the creek and we sat on the edge.

"This really is amazing Dongwoo. I've never seen anything like it."

"I know right. It's almost like magic."

Myungsoo sat down beside me and Sungyeol hesitated a bit befroe sitting next to him.

'It's amazing hyung.'

'Yeah I know. There's nothing as beautiful as this in the Kingdom.'

'I wouldn't mind staying here forever. With you here too of course.'

'Your right. If they find us we could hide here.'

'Unless our new "friends" sell us out.'

'They won't. I don't know why but I trust them.'

Myungsoo sighed quietly so no one noticed him. 'I'm trying so hard not to but somehow... I do too.'

We turned to look at our new friends and saw Dongwoo and Hoya playing around. Dongwoo was trying to push Hoya into the creek. In the end, Hoya pushed Dongwoo down and he fell into the water. When he came back up he yelled at Hoya.

"Yah! How dare you push me! You're such a bully!"

"But you tried to do it first."

"So. I'm your hyung."

Sungyeol got up from his spot and snuck up behind Hoya who was still arguing with Dongwoo. When he was finally behind him, he pushed Hoya into the water to land next to Dongwoo. Dongwoo began to laugh his head off as Hoya surffaced. I couldn't help but chuckle at his shocked expression. Myungsoo was also smiling at what was going on. I had not seen him smile like that since Naeun betrayed. I was glad that he was able to smile like that again. 

Hoya and Dongwoo got out of the water and began to close in on Sungyeol who was rolling around laughing. Soon he caught on to the boys plan and tried to run away but the older boys were faster. They grabbed him and jumped off the boulder. Myungsoo and I just watched them from where we sat. 

'Hyung, I hope we're never caught so we can stay here.'

'I hope so too Myungie.'

                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked back to our dorms as curfew was coming close. Myungsoo wished me goodnight before entering his shared room with Sungyeol. I stood outside my room for a while nervous about seeing Woohyun. I had not seen him all day and didn't know if he was still upset or if he had a "friend" over.

I finally took a deep breathe and opened the door. I walked in and was shocked to see Woohyun on his bed sleeping. I quickly went to take a shower and then layed down on my bed. I looked over at Woohyun who was facing me in his sleep. He really was really handsome. I had never really realized how good looking he was until now. I never noticed because of his cocky attitude. Now that he was sleeping (and not talking) I could really appreciate his appearance. If not for his attitude, I would probably be very attracted to him. Not that it would lead anywhere. I had never met anyone who could attract me more than just phisically. That's why I had never loved anyone. Woohyun would be no exception.

The next morning I woke up to find Woohyun was already gone. I shrugged and continued to get ready to meet the others. We went to eat breakfast together and talked as we waited for classes to start. Right when we were getting ready to leave I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see one of the head students holding out a note to me. I took it and he walked away without saying anything. I looked at the note which had my name on it then turned it over to see what was on it. 

Please Come To The Directors office ASAP

The others looked at me with questions about what was going on but I just shrugged my shoulders and told them I would see them later. Only Myungsoo knew what was going on because of our mindlink. I walked to the Directors office and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I walked into the office and waited until he looked up and told me to sit down. 

"Sunggyu-shi. It has come to my attention that you and your brother are being looked for. The Vamire Guards have come here asking about you two. I didn't even know you were the Vampire Princes. I told them I had not seen you but I will if you don't tell me what's going on."

It was quiet for a while as I thought about whether I could trust him or not. I wish I could read minds like Myungsoo. I decided to tell him a little bit and not everything.

"I'm the heir to the Vampire Kingdom and Myungsoo is my brother the prince. We're about to be married off and seperated. They want to send Myungsoo away from me so I won't be "distracted" by him. We're just not ready for that so we ran away. I want to meet other creatures and learn more about the world so I can be a better king and Myungsoo needs to get used to the idea of us being seperated. We'll go back when we're ready, it won't take long. Please keep it a secret. We won't be a bother and if they come looking for us again, we have a place where we can hide and they won't find us. We won't involve you at all. Please."

After my rambling and pleading the Director was quiet and seemed to be contemplating what he had just heard. After what seemed like forever, he finally spoke.

"Okay. For now I will keep your secret. I don't know what you might be going through but it sounds rough and I want to help you. I really care about my students and never really liked the politics of the different creatures. We'll see how we can keep you safe while your here. If you need anything you can come to me anytime to talk."

"Thank you."

"Well now that we solved that problem you may go to your classes."

"Thank you sir."

I stood and bowed before walking out of his office. As I walked to my classes I thought about what had just happend. I didn't know if I could really trust the director. He seemed sincere but it could have been a lie. I needed to tell Myungsoo about it as soon as possible. We had to be cautious and alert in case the Director had been lying. I needed to protect Myungie no matter what and keep him safe from the future that awaited us if we were to be caught.

 


 

Finally!!! It's been forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( about three weeks maybe haha) I was going to update like two weeks ago but I was busy the first half of the week and then the BAP concert in Dallas was on Thursday so I went to Dallas for the whole weekened and spent time with my friends from my old school so I didn't have time to update. Last week was pretty busy too but I started typing up the story and didn't finish it until just now.... -_-  I am really sorry about the delay. 

Anyways I hope you like the chapter! Let me know what your thoughts were and leave suggestions about what you want to see more of and I'll see if I can add it into the next chapter.

Thank you to the readers who are always commenting on almost every chapter!! You guys are awesome and also thank you to the silent readers!! I know your there too ^^ (I'm a silent reader too).

Anyways who is excited about Woohyun's solo debut!!!! I am going crazy waiting for it and hopefully I'll have an update to celebrate his debut (FINALLY!!)

See you guys next update! Love ya!