Chapter 8

Breaking the Walls

Mungsoo POV

 

"Well that was awkward," Hoya said as he finished his breakfast.

"Sorry about that hyung. Woohyun isn't used to anyone not falling at his feet." Dongwoo moved over to sit nect to Sunggyu.

"It's okay. I know how to deal with guys like him," Sunggyu told him with a smile.

This was true. Sunggyu grew up being surrounded by noble vampires who wanted to get his attention in hopes of being chosen to be the future Vampire King's partner. They never tried to get to know him and only tried to woo him in hopes of him falling into thier petty tricks. Of course Sunggyu wasn't dumb and saw past their fake smiles and pretty words. It also helped that he had no interest in romance and only cared about caring for me since our parents neglected me. The only time our parents paid attention to me was I started nearing the age of accepting suitors. They hoped I would become the partner of someone with power. Other than that, I was useless to them. 

"I hope he gives up soon so we can all be friends," Dongwoo beamed at us.

'I don't,' I told Sunggyu. 'It's fun to see his ego get shot down like that.'

'Myungsoo stop being mean. Leave the poor guy alone.'

'Eh, your no fun.'

"I don't understand why he kept glaring at L. That was a bit weird and random. He doesn;t even know you," Songwoo was a bit worried and I could tell that he sincerely wanted us to get along and be friends.

"Well," Sunggyu started explaining, "Woohyun may believe that L and I are dating."

Hoya started choking on some food while Sungyeol and Dongwoo looked at me in shock.

"Hoya are you okay?" Sunggyu hyung got up and patted his back to help him breathe again.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just surprised. I mean you guys are brothers. Why haven't you said anything to him?"

"Well I didn't think I would see him this often and I figured it was easier for him to believe I had a boyfriend and give up on trying to get in bed with me."

"And your okay with this L?"

"He thinks it's fun," Sunggyu hyung answered for me. "Especially now that he's met him."

"Maybe we shouldn't twll him for a while. It will be nice to see him make a fool of himself for once," Hoya laughed to himself.

Dongwoo reached over and smacked him on the head. "Yah! Son't be mean! Besides he'll be really mad at us when he finds out we knew and never told him."

"Fine, but we can at least wait until he comes to us first about it right? Come on. I know you think it's funny too."

Dongwoo thought about it for a while. I didn't have to read his mind to know that he truly cared about his friends. He wanted to please Hoya, but at the same time he worried about Woohyun. Finally he gave in with a sigh. 

"Okay but if it takes him a long time to come to us we need to let him know."

"Yeah, yeah, oaky."

After that they began to talk about other random things. I looked over at Sungyeol to see him staring off into space. Ever since we had gotten here he had quiet and stiff. From what I had heard from Dongwoo and Hoya and seen from before, he was loud and hyper (in a good way according to Dongwoo). I wanted to know what he was thinking but thought better of it and decided to ignore him. I didn't care enough.

Breakfast was finally coming to an end as other students began to leave the cafeteria.

"I guess it's time for classes to start. Come on and I'll show you to your classes hyung," Dongwoo said as he began to clean his area and get his things. "Sungyeol can take you to your classes L since you might have some together."

Sungyeol finally came out of his weird state when Dongwoo said that.

"What?" he said as he looked from Dongwoo to me and quickly back to Dongwoo.

"You can helo L get to his classes right? Since your in the same level you can help him out."

"Um I guess. If he wants to."

"You have to. Your hyung is telling you."

Everyone got up and started to get ready to leave except for me and Sungyeol.

'Myungie, just let him take you to your classes and try to be nice. He seems like a nice person so don't be cold and mean.'

I glared at Sunggyu as he started to follow Dongwoo and Hoya. As soon as they were gone Sungyeol got up and started getting his books together.

"Don't worry I won't make you follow me to your classes." He started to push his seat under the table and was about to walk away when I stopped him.

"I'm sorry," I whispered but was sure he heard me because he stopped in his tracks. "Sorry about this morning. I'm not a morning person."

I got up and walked up to him. He stood still for a while waiting to see if I would say anything else. After a while he started to walk again and I followed.

                                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~

'What do I do? I need to wake him up but I don't want him to get mad at me. Maybe I should wait a while before I wake him up. No maybe I should go to the restroom and close the door a little hard and see if that wakes him up. I don't know what to do!'

I opened my eyes to see my new roommate pacing in our room.

"Stop."

He stopped pacing and turned to look at me.

"Sorry. Did I wake you up? I didn't mean to though it is a good thing because you should get ready so you can eat breakfast before class. Your uniform is in your closet and your schedule should be in the pocket. I can wait for you if you want me to. I can show you around and maybe you can meet my friends. Your a vampire like me so we might have some classes toge-"

"Oh my gosh. Shut up."

He stopped rambling and pacing and just froze staring at me in shock.

"I'm sorry." He grabbed his things and ran out of our room. I felt bad but told myself not to care. I was done caring about anyone.

                                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungyeol dropped me off at my first class and told me he would pick me up after to take me to my other classes. Halfway through the day he again picked me up from my class and we walked together to lunch. We had not said anything to each other since this morning when I apologized. I wanted to read his mind to see what he was thinking and know whether or not he hated me yet or something but I stopped myself. If I read his mind and he didn't hate me, then I would start to wonder if I could finally have someone who would honestly care about me and I didn't need that. I had thought that she had truly loved me but I was wrong. I didn't want to go through that again. To stop that from happening I had to stop caring about everyone except Sunggyu hyung.

At lunch I ignored everyone and only talked to Sunggyu. His "boyfriend" didn't show his face at all so I wasn't able to about it much. After lunch I followed Sungyeol around again. We had some classes together but only sat together in one of them. During that class he kept glancing over at me. I started being curious to know what he was thinking so I decided to evesdrop on his thoughts for a while.

'What is wrong with me? Why do I care about what he thinks of me? I shouldn't. He's been nothing but a jerk since we met.'

I wasn't surprised by these thoughts though I was surprised at how dissapointed I was. I was about to block his thoughts when I heard something that took me by surprise. 

'I want him to like me. Yeah he can be mean, but he apologized earlier. If he really was a jerk-face he would have kept ignoring me but he didn't. He even let me show him around even though he probably didn't want to. Not just anyone would do that. I truly honestly want to get to know him better and mybe become friends. And I need to figure out what that thing was when I first met him. I still don't understand what that meant. Ugh I don't know anymore. I don't want to think anymore.' He put his head down and I decided to stop listening.

I was a bit confused at what I had just heard. He didn't think badly of me and only wanted to see if we could be friends. He didn't want to be friends to get in my pants or because of my looks, or because of my position. I was used to others wanting to befriend me because of all those things. And, unlike her, he didn't want to be close to me to try to get Sunggyu's attention.

I was also confused because of my feelings. Why do I care so much about what Sungyeol thinks of me? Why do I feel a little happy about the fact that he might honestly want to be friends with me becuase of me and nothing else. And what "thing" was he talking about? Why do I still care?

Thinking all of these questions was giving me a headache so I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind. Class was soon over as well as my day so I followed Sungyeol back to the cafeteria for supper. Again Woohyun didn't show his face. I just got a blood packet and leaned my head on Sunggyu's shoulder as he talked and listened to Songwoo, Hoya, and sometimes Sungyeol talk. Sunggyu seemed to really like Dongwoo and Hoya so I decided to accept them and befriend them later. Their little love crush on each other was also cute. Hoya's was obvious. Whenever he looked at the dinosaur his gaze changed. He looked at him like the whole world revolved around him. Whenever Dongwoo paid attention to someone else, Hoya would look dissapointed for a while before masking his feelings.

Dongwoo on the other hand was hard to tell. I had to observe him for a while before I realized the truth. He was always near Hoya. Whenever Hoya was talking to someone else, Dongwoo would jump into the conversation or do something to gain Hoya's attention again. Whenever he was talking to someone else his body would face Hoya or lean towards him. Dongwoo had not even realized his feelings for his best friend. I secrectly cheered for them.

Halfway through supper a loud commotion started. We all looked to see what was happening. We couldn't really see or hear what was going on. Most of the commotion was coming from a group of vampires. I decided to read their minds to see what was going on.

'Oh my gosh. I can't believe it. What's going to happen to our kingdom.' Okay that guy just keeps freaking out.

'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.' She's no help.

'The crown prince is gone,' that caught my attention. 'The two vampire princes are gone.'

I turned to Sunggyu, 'It's out. Everyone know's we've escaped. What do we do?'

'It's okay Myungie.' He reached out to hold my hand. 'They don't know who we are. Our identity has been kept a secret until I was to be made king. No one knows who we are except for the nobles and none of them attend academies. We'll be safe.'

'But what if they find us.'

'They won't. I promise.'

Dongwoo got up and went to see what was happening. When he came back he sat down for a while before telling us what he had heard. 

"Apparently the two vampire princes ran away and are in hiding. It was supposed to be kept quiet but their search area has become wider and now everyone knows."

"Wow. That's crazy. Why would they run away?" Hoya asked. 

They both looked at us vampires. I acted like I didn't care and both Sunggyu and Sungyeol shrugged their shoulders.

I hoped Sunggyu was right and they wouldn't find us.


Hooray for another update!!! So we have a bit of Mungyeol and a little Hodong!!! Oh no their looking for Myunggyu!! I think this story might be a long one but I will try not to drag it on too long so bear with me. Hopefully you won't get bored with it. 

Like always please leave comments. I love reading your reactions! Hope to update soon!!!