Log 14

Intern Shenanigans

Yixing’s newest class seemed to be determined to drain the life out of him, what with multiple condensed lectures and twice the demand of homework each week.  He honestly should have seen it coming though when the class was listed for only a few months out of the entire semester...

In lieu of all the increased piles of schoolwork and intern work, he and Luhan had yet to talk about a certain holiday incident.  Part of Yixing was hoping that the conversation would never come, but there was another part of him that couldn’t help but wonder if it would ever.  It seemed like Luhan had forgotten all about it, which made Yixing a little sad at first, but he supposed that he would rather have things be relatively the same than being insufferably awkward.

Or rather…insufferable, as was the current situation at the kitchen table.

“No.  Absolutely not,” Luhan leaned back in his chair and gave Yixing a disapproving look.

“It’s to discuss some business stuff.  It just happens to be at the client’s personal restaurant,” Yixing tried to explain.  He’d met with clients before in small cafes and other casual places so he didn’t see why this time would be a problem.

“That probably violates something in your intern contract.  I won’t allow it,” Luhan was obviously fishing for any excuse that he could use to try to stop Yixing from going.  Yixing was starting to feel that anything he’d say would be futile but attempted to negotiate anyways.

“Well he mentioned that he’s a friend of Yifan’s, so you should know him – “

“I do,” Luhan cut him off.  “And that’s why I’m objecting.”

Yixing sighed to himself.

“How about you go then?” he suggested.  “Technically it should be you meeting him instead of me.”

Yixing’s usual intern duties had now included the task of meeting and discussing business with clients, which was almost like a blessing itself in disguise, as he ended up spending less time at the office as a result.

“No need.  I’ll just talk to him on the phone.  Personalized meetings like that are just kissing up anyways,” Luhan said the last remark with a slightly annoyed tone in his voice.

“Okay,” Yixing simply replied before getting up from the table and making his way back to his room.

Yixing crawled into bed and his side.  He’d been in desperate need of a nap as of late, so he decided that he might as well take the time to rest while he could.  A knock was heard against his door just as he was starting to drift off, and he vaguely heard Luhan let himself in.

“…Are you sleeping?” Luhan asked.

Yixing hummed back an unintelligible response, his eyes closed and his breathing getting more relaxed.

Luhan took a moment before speaking again.

“Sorry, I guess I overreacted.  I get unreasonable when I...” he paused before continuing.

“When I like someone.”

Luhan waited for Yixing to respond, react, anything…but the latter just stayed still on the bed.  Luhan took a step forward and realized that Yixing had already fallen fast asleep, his confession having gone unheard by the other.