Chapter 9

The Secret Ingredient

 

{ Monday }
 
[ Kim Jonghyun’s POV ]
 
The mood is too dark in the dorm for me too handle. I consider the places I could go. No where seems fitting of my mood. I just need to get out of this hell hole and think. I need to walk. I leave a note on the table, grab my coat then pull open the door and wait for an elevator. When I’m out of our apartment building I start walking in no evident direction, already deep in thought. 
 
[ Kim Sun Shin’s POV ]
 
He’s back. It looks like he’s in a trance, all traces of his silly grin... gone. I was really looking forward to seeing that smile again. Life is being really mean to us lately. Everyone that should be happy has had something tragic happen to them. I probably don’t deserve to be happy after being the child I was but I’ve been feeling absolutely horrible lately. I smooth my hair and continue scrubbing the dishes as he trudges nearer. 
“What’s up.”I guess I startled him out of his trance. His eyes are really round when he finally realizes that I’m talking to him. 
“Oh. Hi. Uh.. How long have I been standing here?” How does he not know he long he’s been standing here. This SHINee lot is really weird. Chicken fanatic, Mr. Trance / Dinopooch and the rude kid who picked up the phone. There were five members. I couldn’t wait to meet the other two. “Like. 2 seconds”, I inform him. He looks relieved. I giggle in my mind as his eyes return back to their normal size. 
“Oh.. sorry. I needed a walk and I didn’t really know where to go. I guess I just needed to think and my feet brought me here” he explains. 
I barely hear a word he’s saying as I take in his face. It’s hard to describe. When he talks his face goes all dorky and adorable but then when he just stares at me he looks freaking hot. Best way to describe it? Dinopooch. It sounds ridiculous but the offspring of a dinosaur and a puppy is the only way to describe his face. “Ahh... That’s alright. I guess people don’t like my cooking. They only come here to talk to me and my pretty face.”
The edges of his lips twitch a bit. I know he’s resisting a smile. My heart melts even more. “Don’t be too confident about that face of yours. The chicken is much more enjoyable than your face.”
“Don’t lie. I know your fantasizing about how delicious my face is.” 
He looks at me, faking shock.
“Oh god, oh god, oh my god. That came out wrong.”He chuckles, then orders some chicken noodle soup. One member only eats chicken and the other only eats noodles. These singers are picky.
 
[ Choi Minho’s POV ]
 
Jonghyun’s back. His mood seems better. Lucky for him. Manager barges in our dorm, interrupting our session of miserable thoughts seconds after Jonghyun. 
“Onew. Where’s Onew.”
“Hereee.” He mumbles gloomily.
“Come. Now.”
I watch, puzzled as Manager drags despondent Onew out the apartment. 
 
[ Lee Jinki’s POV ]
 
“We found her.”
“WHAT?! I NEED TO SEE HER. NOW.”
The manager sat there shifting in his seat for a while, obviously uncomfortable. “In a tree.” He said quietly.
In a tree? What was she doing in a tree? Then it hit me. Hard. My whole body went rigid. No, that’s not what manager meant right? She was just hiding in the tree, hanging out there until she was ready to come back. I stare at him with my fiercest gaze, trying to penetrate his soul with my eyes. I look deeper. I sense that he is extremely disturbed. I now know what he meant by “in a tree.” Before I pass out, one word rolls around in my mind. Lost. 
 
 
 
 
The first paragraph to chapter 10 is the best^^ I hope you guys are excited to read is as I am to update it. Did I totally bring you guys down after reading this chapter ;-;