Chapter 14

The Secret Ingredient

 

{ Thursday }
 
[ Jing Young Min's POV ]
 
“W-Wait! You’re Minho! From SHINee!!!” I can’t believe I didn’t recognize him when I ran into him... the nose... the height... the jawline. I’ve been texting with Choi Minho!!!!And better yet, he just bought me coffee! Please insert fangirl scream here. Also insert squeals, insane laughter, and some swooning. 
“Shh... don’t want the whole coffee shop asking for autographs...”
I calm myself down and check my composure and hair. The date(?) passes by quickly. Soon enough, we feel the cold, bitter air of winter rushing in the shop as we push the door open reluctantly and part ways. And then I remember it was Choi Minho. I scream internally again.
 
[ Choi Minho’s POV ]
 
Well that was awkward. But cute... Whatever, it was worth it. I learned some stuff about her over the coffee and it was nice. I guess.
 
[ Kim Sun Shin’s POV ]
 
The sound of my phone ringing interrupts my thoughts. Caller ID shows Minny. I was always prudent to pick up calls from her... she was one of my oldest friends even before college but always the one that got into the most trouble. I flip open my phone cautiously... before I even have time to greet her, an unpleasant tangle of detached commotion meets my ears, currently pressed way too close to the phone to handle the amount of noise coming out of it. I recoil at the repulsive screeching noises coming out of my phone. Wondering whether to be more concerned for my dear friend or my ears, I decide to endure a few more moments of the sound to at least figure out what was happening.
“JING YOUNG MIN. CALM YOUR FREAKING .” I scream into the phone making sure to check no customers were around first. I’m a woman with pride, alright? As a reply from her, I get heavy breathing and a dreamy sigh. Uh. After all that squealing, I guess it was to be expected. I suffer a few more moments of labored breathing before she finally gasps some interpretable words. 
“Choi... Choi Min-Minho.”
“Yeah? The one from SHINee right? What about-”
“I met him.” she wheezes “No actually even better. I had coffee with him. And I have his number.” I can barely pick out the words because of the speed they’re coming out of . Minny talks more than a pigeon, to be blunt. Actually, her whole personally is quite like a bird. Loud, clumsy, and social but also very kind and compassionate.
“That’s nice.” I respond dully. I was expecting something more... savage. But I guess SHINee was close enough...“NO YOU DON’T GET IT! CHOI FREAKING MINHO. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY FANS HE HAS?”
“No. I don’t.” Actually I do. I’ve gotten kind of obsessed with SHINee lately, I’ve kind of... fallen in love with them. On TV. Watching them on shows, in music videos, listening to their music. I’m starting to believe their beautifully flawless. Weird, huh?
“You must live under a ing rock, Sun.”
No longer wanting to continue the conversation, I decide to end it there. “Well I have chicken to fry, byee!” I say with fake cheer. I need time to think, and silence to comfort my ears from all her screaming. How is it that SHINee is everywhere at once. I’ve met Onew and Jonghyun and Minny’s met Minho. The only ones that haven’t made an appearance yet are Key and Taemin. The mother and child. The cute ones. Well, I put my phone down and concentrate on my chicken.
 
[ Lee Jinki’s POV ]
 
I drag myself out of bed and into the kitchen where I grab an apple. We’ve been given some rest recently after the release of our Japanese singles, and the music videos but we still have some radio shows and interviews. I guess everyone has schedules today except for me. I really don’t think I can stand to spend the whole day in our empty dorm so I pull on some jeans and a hoodie before heading out the door, still chewing my bright red apple. 
 
[ Lee Taemin’s POV ]
 
Oh! It’s Onew... what’s he doing here... I thought he had a schedule today. Aish, they let us rest for a week and then they get us right back at it immediately after the time’s up. Really not looking forward to my interviews later today with the especially scary reporter noonas. 
“Hyung... what are you doing here?” I have to repeat his name a few more times before he hears me. Are you still sad hyung? There are times to mourn and times to heal... Haven’t you gotten a little bit closer to healing yet? 
“Oh. Taemin. Hi there. I thought you had interviews today?” He sounds tired.
“Later. You know how I don’t like the reporters from that one tv station... They always ask me questions that are too personal.” I shiver, remembering one particular time...
He chuckles and sits down across from me. I’m nibbling on my favorite strawberry pancake with extra cream. Call me weird for noticing it, but this pancake house as particular good lighting. The colors are really pretty, the strawberries on my pancake in contrast to the light yellow walls. 
“All you have to do is laugh it off Taemin. Whenever they ask you a question you don’t want to answer, just laugh and...” Yes I know, you’ve told me before. Laugh and change the subject subtly.
“Alright Onew~ But I thought you had a schedule today too?”
“Yeah. I thought so too but I guess manager is laying back on me for a while... I’m still not entirely... cured.”
I have to consider how to answer that in a Taemin way before answering, “I’ll cure you, hyung.” I smile at him reassuringly.
 
[ Lee Jinki’s POV ]
 
I see him beaming at me cutely. Cure me? I’d like to see anyone do that. You’ll have to dig too deep. Too deep for your own good. Before we know it, it’s 10:30 and Taemin has to prepare for his dreaded interviews. I wish him good luck and pay for his pancakes after throughly scolding him for not bringing enough money. I wonder what he would have done if I wasn’t there. Act cute to the waiters probably. I wish him good luck then take my leave. Funny how my feet took me here unconsciously, although I’m still hungry. I forgot to feed myself watching Taemin eat. I wonder where they’ll take me next so I start thinking, letting my feet lead me at their own pace. Right, left, right, left. 
 
 


I hate how I'm never satisfied with my work ;-; But don't worry. Chapter 15 is coming soon, and I have most of the plot planned out now.