Chapter 12

The Secret Ingredient
 
{Tuesday Cont.}
 
 
[ Choi Minho’s POV ]
 
That didn’t go too well. On second thought, she might be a freak after well. At least I know her name now. Jing Young Min. Pretty name.
 
 
[ Kim Sun Shin’s POV ]
 
I stand at my stand (hurhurhur) daydreaming. I’m secretly waiting for Onew. He’s bound to come, he’s been deprived of chicken for almost a week. Unless he’s found another chicken shop... I shudder at the thought. He wouldn’t. He said that I made the best chicken himself. Cook some, think some, clean some. Wait some. Wait. Wait. Wait. Waiting. Waiting. Waited. Disappointment. Still not here? Tch. See if I care. Wait. I do care. Come. Please. I want to talk to you. 
 
~~
 
Aish. This guy. Getting my hopes up. Insert pouting face here. Oh! Is that him. It better be. If it’s not... “WHAT THE HELL, JINKI. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE LAST WEEK?”
“Are you in a position to yell at me?” He holds my pointing hand and pushes it down, smirking.
I bow my head. “I heard that she’s... she’s... Are you doing okay?”
“Is that question necessary?”
I bow my head again. “Sorry.”
“It’s all right.” He half chuckles. “It’s the only question I’ve been hearing all week so I guess I’m kinda pissed.”
“Rant.”
“Well. I’m feeling mixed emotions.” he starts slowly, “Guilt, grief, misery, nostalgia, heartache and sometimes I feel like feeling nothing at all. Apathy. People around me are grieving too. Sometimes it makes me feel better and sometimes... it makes me feel something I shouldn’t. I feel like they don’t deserve to grieve for someone they didn’t know as well as me. I know that other people knew her too and they loved her. But I don’t know if they loved her as much as I did. There’s no way to explain how much I feel right now. So many thoughts and images are running through my mind.”
I’m taken aback. I finally reply. “I-I... don’t know what to say besides I’m sorry. I’m sure you’ve heard that hundreds of times too but.. I really mean it. I’m sorry for your loss and.. I know how it feels. I lost my parents. Actually no, they left. I don’t know if they were forced to or if they wanted to but either way, when I came home from college they were just... just g-gone.” I feel my eyes well up. “I’m really sorry, Onew.” I can’t cry in front of him. I can’t trust him just yet. I don’t know him well enough. I can’t give away trust this easily. Build trust, not walls. I need to follow my own advice. 
 
[ Kim Jonghyun’s POV ]
 
He’s already there. . I need to watch him closer from now on. She’s mine now Jinki. I’m really sorry. You seem really happy. But you’ll find another. I know she’s the one for me. 
 
[ Lee Jinki’s POV ]
 
What the heckk. What’s Jonghyun doing here? We were just starting to have fun. I just made her laugh. So. freaking. proud. But of course Jonghyun has to come and ruin things. I’m glad Sun Shin can’t see him coming, her back’s facing his approaching figure. 
“Come on Sun Shin, let’s walk towards the fountain. We can feed the birds with some bread!~”
She beams and runs with me happily across the street right before the light changes. I turn around to see Jonghyun stuck behind the passing cars. Loosseer. I turn back around to see Sun Shin with bread in her hand... where’d she get that? I steal a chunk and start tossing crumbs to birds. The sun shining on our faces, birds surrounding us chirping happily... I realized something. I was happy. Truly happy. And then Jonghyun caught up. Before I realized what was happening, he grabbed her elbow and brought her close to him. Way too close. Their faces were nearly touching... and then... they did touch. I watched as her fingers slowly released the bread. I watched as it hit the paved bricks lightly. Then she realized what was happening and pulled away embarrassed, face red as a plum.
“Ah.. Mianhae...”
She enjoyed it?
“Why are you embarrassed?” Jonghyun asked.
I don’t like your tone. She has every right to be embarrassed. You basically just forced her to kiss you.
“Ahh... It’s nothing.” 
Jonghyun smiles. . That’s not good. “Want to go out with me?” He keeps smiling charismatically, staring at her expectantly.
SAY WHAT. OH NO YOU DIDNT.
“What??”
Good response Sun Shin. Oppa’s proud of you. 
“Hm?”, Jonghyun asks confused.
She means no, .
“Why would you want to ask me out? You-You’re Kim Jonghyun.”
“I’ll take that as a compliment. You ask why?” He thinks for a moment. “Because that was the best kiss I’ve ever had and I want more.”
So basically you want her lips. I remember that I’m just standing here watching them awkwardly. ”It was your first too. Leave Kim Sun Shin alone.”
“Mind your own business Onew.”
“Is that how you treat your elders/leader? Same way you treat girls? Kissing them without permission? Without learning any of their background? Dating them because you like their body?”
He ignores me and turns back to Sun Shin with a smile full of pearly whites. “So. I couldn’t tell if that was a yes or a no. I’ll let you think about it?” He turns and walks away briskly without waiting for an answer. I can’t believe this. I stare at his back as he walks arrogantly to his car. Douche. I see that Sun Shin’s still stunned. I really hope she didn’t enjoy that kiss. This is too awkward so I decide to take my leave now too. I bid her farewell and start walking home hoping that Jonghyun decided to go somewhere else. 
 
[ Kim Jonghyun’s POV ]
 
. . . What the hell was that Kim Jonghyun? Why’d you kiss her? You don’t even know her well enough yet. You’re rushing things. Be patient. Don’t force her to love you. It never works that way. Don’t play with her emotions. 
 
[ Kim Sun Shin’s POV ]
 
Now I’m really confused. He just kissed me? We went on one date. And that was forced upon me... I really had no choice. And I didn’t even know it was serious? So two guys from the same group both want my friendship? But are they serious... or are they just playing with me. How am I even worth it. I own a ing chicken stand. What about me caught their eye? At least Onew likes my chicken... but what the hell does Jonghyun want? What’s he playing at? Kissing is like. Way out there. We haven’t even held hands yet. Or hugged. The more I think about it, the more I’m confused. What does he-what do they see in me?
 
 

 
 
 
AHHH. I'm so behind on writing now ;-; Thanks for sticking with me though, you gaizzz~~ But anyways. Are you guys surprised that Jonghyun actually went as far as kissing her? oOooOOOoooOOhhhh? Trololol. I'm high on life. Kbye.