Chapter 4

The Secret Ingredient

{ Thursday }

 

[ Kim Sun Shin’s POV ]
 
There are so many clouds. You can’t even see the gray sky anymore. Aigoo. Such depressing weather recently. Working here is getting rather lonely... I hope that misfortunate guy stops by today. I need someone to talk to. I hope he’s feeling better now. Is that him coming now? I watch as someone crosses the street and struts towards my stand, I can’t tell who it is though because it’s so bright. I strain my eyes. It can’t be him. He’s too short and he walks with too much swagger. I wonder who it is... the closer he keeps coming, the more features I can make out. Defined jawline. Huge eyes. Masculine arms. Dammnn. He stops in front of the stand with his hands in his pockets, eyes focused on me. He looks at me for a second then up to the menu. 
“One box of grilled chicken please.” Goodness, even his voice is gorgeous. It’s not very deep but it’s rich and mellifluous. He turns and sits down at one of the patio tables closest to the stand. I turn around quickly and start grilling. I can feel his eyes boring into the back of my head as I cook. I’m suddenly self conscious. Wait, why is this situation making me self conscious? Because a hot guy decided to buy chicken? I bring him the box then return to the counter, occasionally sneaking glances at him eating. Is it even necessary to comment that he eats elegantly too? I look up briefly again. He catches me this time. Shoot. Awkward. Awkward. Awkward. I scrub my counter vigorously while watching him chew out of the corner of my eye. Suddenly I realize I’ve been scrubbing the same place for more than a minute and start washing the dishrag instead. I knock over a stack of plates while turning. tttt. Mentally, I scold myself for being clumsy. How embarrassing, he probably heard the crash and the strange screech/squawk noise that came out of my mouth. I bend down about to start picking up the pieces when I feel hands on my wrist.  
“Hey. What do you think you’re doing? Haven’t you learned to never pick up broken  cookware like that?” He takes takes the mop from the corner and starts sweeping up the broken plates. I see his muscles sticking out as he mops my floor. I can’t categorize this action as cute or sweet or hot. What is this? Kindness? Consideration? Generosity? He finishes and sweeps the broken pieces into the trash. Before he leaves, I bow.
“Kamsamida!” He nods in a dignified way then walks away, leaving me with my confused emotions. 
 
[ Lee Jinki’s POV ]
 
I kick of my shoes and enter the dorm. It’s late. Judging by the still atmosphere of the place all the members are probably already asleep. I head to the bathroom, clean up, change, then crawl into my bed between the two bunks where the other members are sleeping. Minho and Key are snoring, Taemin’s wheezing softly. 
 
Two more days until she’s out. She’ll probably be required to go see a psychiatrist now but at least I’ll be able to take her places. I promise to be a better big brother. I promise that I will value her just as much, maybe even more than my hyungs. I promise not to leave her behind when I’m having good times being famous because she’s my sister and my responsibility. I imagine in my head all the great places I’ll make sure to go with her. I’ll bring her to the chicken stand to meet Sun Shin and to the beautiful fountain. I’ll take her street shopping and buy her coffee at the Hello Kitty Cafe. I’m going to show her how much I love her. 
 
Satisfied with my plans, I fall asleep slowly with a smile on my face. 



Heehee... who do you guys think it is? I think I gave you guys enough clues... right? ;D
 
Still progressing slowly TT_____TT It's going slower than I wanted to.. Slow and steady wins the race, yes?(: