Piece of cake

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Piece of cake

“I would say that it will definitely not work on her.  Come on, it’s Hyuna we’re talking about!”  Sohyun reasoned as she reached for another chip from the pack that the trio was sharing. 

The trio, aka Sohyun, Yoseob and Jihyun were situated in a classroom located directly below the one that Hyuna and Junhyung were currently stuck in.  They were discussing the possible outcomes of having Hyuna and Junhyung together in one room, over a pack of salt and vinegar chips. 

Yoseob looked blankly at Sohyun, “Why do you say that?  Hyuna is pretty and popular with guys! “

 “That’s exactly what we mean!”  Jihyun said, as she smiled at Yoseob before taking the pack of chips from Yoseob who had been hogging them for a while.  She had a feeling, he was going to eat them all if she let him hold the packet for any longer. 

She then continued, “Because she’s popular, guys see her as well out of their league and so they never approach her romantically.  And since Hyuna’s so friendly, doesn’t matter if you’re a guy or girl, she’ll befriend you, even when you push her into it...”

"And why aren't Hyuna and Junhyung friends anyway, especially since all of us know the both of them?"  Sohyun asked. 

"They only know of each other because we're all friends, but I guess they just never had the chance to become friends, probably because they never bump into each other or have any similar classes."  Jihyun answered, and then gave Sohyun her sweet yet cunning smile.  "That's why the fun's only just beginning.  Hyuna and Junhyung don’t know what they are up for." 

"Did you guys really think that by forcing two people together, they will like each other?”  This question came from the boy who had overheard their conversation and just entered the classroom as he spoke. 

Jihyun turned around and smiled.  “Doojoon!” 

“I just finished basketball training and what is this Hyuna/Junhyung business about I hear about?”  He looked suspiciously towards Jihyun’s direction. 

If you could liken the trio to a bunch of mischievous kids, Doojoon then would definitely take the position of the responsible parent.  He was sensible and reliable, and when he saw all the mischief his friends got up to, he would end up being the one who had to help fix up the mess they created.   And he had a feeling that this time would be no different.

Yoseob got up from the desk he was sitting on and walked over to where Doojoon was standing and wrapped his arm over Doojoon’s shoulder. 

“Doojoon~ what are you so worried about?  We are just having a little fun.  No harm done! We promise!”  Yoseob smiled happily at him. 

But Doojoon was not going to fall for Yoseob’s innocent smile.  He had known him for too long, so no cute act of Yoseob was going to fool him. 

“So are guys going tell me what you’re up to?”  He walked over to where Sohyun and Jihyun were sitting and sat down near Jihyun.  (Yoseob with his arm still attached to Doojoon’s shoulder, followed Doojoon as he sat down next to him.) 

“Long story short, we think that Hyuna and Junhyung make a good co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter