Back to back

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Back to back

And Hyuna started panicking again.  Why was she always getting herself getting stuck in locked rooms and with Junhyung all the time no less.  It was probably around home time now and if everyone was leaving the school, that probably meant they would be stuck here until tomorrow morning.

“Relax,” Junhyung said as he saw her pacing around, like last time.  “If you keep pacing anymore, you’re going to trip over something again I swear.  I’m not going to always be there to break your fall clumsy.”

“I’m not clumsy!  I’m just a little disorientated some of the times.”  She retorted, but stopped walking around like Junhyung suggested.  If one of them had a phone, they could easily get out of here.  But her phone was in her locker because she didn’t take it to her sports class.

So she asked Junhyung, “Do you have your phone with you?”

“No use.”  He replied.  “You broke it last time, remember?”

As much as Hyuna didn’t want to remember, it was definitely clear that she was the culprit of his broken phone.  But, if it wasn’t for Junhyung’s doing, the phone wouldn’t be broken in the first place.

She accused him, “Hey, who was the one who tried pressing their face near me!” 

“Hmm, too bad that won’t work this time.”  He teased as he tried to reach for the small window located high on the wall of the shed. 

Junhyung continued to attempt opening the window, but with no luck.

“It’s no use.  The window is shut tight.”  Junhyung said.  “We might be stuck here all night… Are you scared?”

“No.  There are many more things to be afraid of.”  Hyuna said quietly. 

Hyuna wasn’t the type of person to get scared easily.  Not by horror movies, dark places or thrilling amusement park rides.  Instead, she was scared of being by herself.  Her mother was always working overtime and Hyuna was always left at home by herself.  She hated that feeling.  The quietness of an empty and cold house.

Junhyung looked to her as she said this.  The sun had gone down by now, but in the moonlight, he could still make out Hyuna’s solemn expression as she spoke.

“There seems to be story behind that.  Why don’t you tell me, since we’re going to be stuck here for a while.” Junhyung replied, as he sat down on the ground. 

If she told him that she was scared of being by herself, he would probably think she was a coward.

Hyuna looked at him, so carefree and relaxed.  “I don’t get how you’re so calm about all of this.” 

He shrugged. 

He motioned his hands, implying for her to sit down. “Sit down Hyuna.  Are you going to stand up all night?” 

Then he noticed she was shivering.  The night was getting cold and she was only sporting her shorts and t-shirt she still had on from sport, while he at least had his school uniform on. 

“Are you cold?”  He asked as he took off his school jumper and passed it to her.  “Wear this.”

Hyuna looked at him, surprised.  She had been only worrying about being stuck in the shed and hadn’t realised how much she was shivering.  After a moment of thought, Hyuna gratefully took Junhyung’s jumper.  It was a bit awkward to wear the jumper of a guy who she didn’t know well, but hey being cold was worse. 

“Thanks.”  She said after she slipped on his warm jumper and sat down beside him. 

“No problem.  It’s going to get colder tonight.  Now tell me about what you were saying before, about there being scarier things…” 

“Oh, you know… like haunted houses and stuff.”  Hyuna answered quickly.

Junhyung frowned.  “Why is your answer is half-hearted? Fine, you don’t have to tell me.”  He paused, unsure whether or not to ask.   “Do you feel uncomfortable when you are with me?” 

 “I’m pathetic, aren’t I?” Hyunseung asked Yoseob. They had walked Jihyun at her house and were now taking a bus together back home since they both lived close to each other. 

Yoseob looked at Hyunseung thoughtfully.  He didn’t think he was pathetic at all.  For someone who was able to confess his feelings to girl he liked, he thought he was prett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter