I-owe-you date

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

I-owe-you date

When they arrived the department store, Hyuna looked around suspiciously and quickly put on her sunglasses and hat on.

Hyuna was trying to make sure that none of their friends would find out that she was at the department store with Junhyung, especially Jihyun.  She would never hear the end of it from Jihyun, if she saw the two of them together like this.  Hyuna knew that from someone else’s perceptive, they would definitely think they were going on a date. 

Junhyung looked curiously at her appearance and asked, “What are you doing?”

Even if Junhyung didn’t care about it, she was trying to avoid as much attention as possible.  And she had no intention of telling Junhyung any of this of course, so she replied, “Nothing.  Let’s quickly go to the electronics store and get your phone.”

And proceeded to walk down the hallway in front of him.  Junhyung followed behind, shaking his head with a grin. 

Jiyoon was expecting to spend her Saturday morning peacefully at home, but when she found Doojoon standing at her doorstep, she already knew it wouldn’t be.

“What are you doing at my house so early in the morning?”  She asked, a yawn escaping .  Both her parents were at work, so she was the only left at home.  Jiyoon’s parents owned a restaurant, so they were always busy everyday of the week and rarely at home. 

Jiyoon was still in half of daze since she had literally woke up just moments ago.  Her short brown hair was a mess, she was wearing sweatpants and a worn out t-shirt, but it wasn’t the first time that Doojoon had seen her morning appearance.  In fact, he found it quite cute.

“Just thought I’d pop by and ask if you want to go to the department store with me,” Doojoon answered, his eyes hopeful.  “And Jiyoon, for your information, its already near noon, not early morning.”

It was just an excuse really.  Doojoon wanted to get Jiyoon out of the house.  He didn’t want her to stay at home, moping and thinking about Dongwoon.  He wanted to distract her and try to cheer her up.

“For me it’s early morning! What do you need at the department store?  Ah, you said your soccer shoes are getting worn out.  But why do you need me to come?”  Jiyoon whined.  “Let me go back to sleep.  Go ask Yoseob or Jihyun to go with you.”

Jiyoon leant on the doorframe, her arms crossed and her eyes closed.

“Yoseob’s busy with his video games.  Jihyun’s probably busy. Let’s talk inside.”  Doojoon said, placing his hands onto her shoulders and turning her around, gently pushing her back into the house.  As he looked around the living room, he commented, “I haven’t been to your house for ages, but everything still looks exactly the same.” 

Jiyoon ignored him and proceeded to lay herself on the couch. 

“Have you eaten?”  He asked. 

Jiyoon shook her head, but then smiled immediately, “Did you bring food?”

Doojoon laughed at her sudden brightened complexion.  Jiyoon was always easily won over by food. 

He took off the backpack he was carrying, opened it and took out a plastic bag, which he placed onto the mini table in front of the couch. 

Jiyoon quickly scambled over near him and opened the plastic bag to find two take-away boxes.

“Spicy seafood noodles, your favourite.”  Doojoon said.  He grabbed one of the containers, a pair of chopsticks and sat down on the floor in front of the mini table and started eating.

Seeing Doojoon eating at house, it reminded Jiyoon of the old times. 

When they had managed to find the electronics store, Hyuna had reluctantly taken off her hat and sunglasses (after Junhyung mentioned that she was actually attracting more attention, rather than diverting it).

Junhyung gave his phone to one of the salesmen to inspect. 

 “You’re unexpectedly economic,” Hyuna commented, when she saw Junhyung first ask if his old phone could be fixed.  She had half-expected Junhyung to ask the salesman to give him their most expensive phone and have it over and done with.

The salesman looked towards the two and asked Junhyung, “Did your girlfriend accidentally break your phone?  It’s in quite a bad shape.” 

Junhyung nodded with a sad expression on his face.  Hyuna rolled her eyes.  Why did Junhyung never deny it?  She didn’t like how he was playing along with the conversation. 

“It’s his own fault,” Hyuna replied back and emphasized.  “And just for the record, he is NOT my boyfriend.”

In the span of a few days, how many times did she have to clarify that with other people?  More times than she would ever liked. And what she would have liked that it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter