Crossing the line

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

Crossing the line

When Hyuna had rushed into the gym where their usual dancing practice was held, but instead of seeing everyone hard at work, everyone seemed to be crowded around someone.  Hyuna moved closer and saw all the girls admiring Kikwang dancing.

Sohyun pulled Hyuna aside and said worriedly, “Where have you been all day Hyuna?”

Hyuna looked sheepishly at Sohyun, not too sure how to answer her question.  What was she meant to say? That her grandma was rushed to hospital, Junhyung decided it was a good idea to skip school to see her and then confesses to her and play the piano.

However, she settled for, “My grandma was rushed to hospital, I just got back from there.”

She was still confused herself as to where her and Junhyung stood at the moment. 

“Is she alright?”  Sohyun asked with concern now written all over her face.

“Yeah, she is.”  She diverted Sohyun’s attention by asking, “Why is everyone looking at him dancing?”  She turned her head to Kikwang who looked like he wasn’t stopping any time soon.

Sohyun giggled a bit.  “I was a bit sceptical at first, but I must admit that he’s good.”

This was when Hyosung said over Kikwang’s music, “I get the idea Kikwang.  Can we start planning how our teams are going to work together for the dance routine?”

Kikwang who had been freestyling leisurely at this time, stopped and turned towards one of the other boys to turn the music down.

“Of course Hyosung.  How do you think we should approach this?”  He asked as he walked towards her.

Hyosung was in the year above Kikwang and Hyuna could see he was respecting her seniority.

“Me and Hyuna are the choreographers.  Who are your choreographers of your team?”  She asked.

“Me and a few others.”  He answered.

“I think we can combine the routines we have already and add some parts where we collaborate together.  What do you think?  The choreographers can discuss and come up with some ideas and show the rest of the team next week.”

Kikwang looked contemplatively for a few moments and nodded.  “Yeah, sounds good to me.”

Hyosung tapped Hyuna on the back and whispered, “Be careful of Kikwang.  He’s a bit of a slippery one.  Don’t let him control the flow.”

Hyuna looked confused back at Hyosung.  What on earth did she mean by ‘slippery’?  Why did she have to be careful of him?

Hyosung was already concentrating and trying out a few moves to the music.  This was when Kikwang came up to Hyuna.

“I’ve heard a lot about your dancing Hyuna.”  He said with a smile.  It was one of those charming kind of sweet boy smiles. 

Hyuna looked back at Kikwang in confusion.  She really didn’t understand why he was being so friendly to her when she barely knew him.

“I’m serious.  I’ve heard that you’re quite the dancer.  What’s your secret?” 

She could feel the eyes of everyone else on her when Kikwang was talking happily with her.  He looked at her so earnestly; Hyuna couldn’t help but feel comforted.

He was actually a lot less intimidating than Hyosung was making him out to be.  She ended explaining how she thought up the choreography and how she liked dances, which told a story.  It was actually nice to have someone who wanted to listen to her ramble on. 

“I feel like we are going to get on really well,” Kikwang said.  “How do you think we should combine the boys and girls routines together?”

This was when someone new entered the gym. 

Sohyun looked up to see that it was Dongwoon.  She looked at him confused, as to why he would come to the gym.  But he walked past her as if she didn’t exist.  This shouldn’t have bothered Sohyun but for some reason, Sohyun felt a pang of disappointment. 

She saw how he briefly glanced at Hyosung but walked past towards Hyuna and Kikwang.  Why was Dongwoon’s presence making her feel this way?  Maybe it was because she was upset that Dongwoon just blew her off before and seemed like they were going to do the history project separately.

“Hi Hyuna.  Do you mind if I speak to you for a moment?”  He asked, his expression neutral. 

Dongwoon’s entrance had attracted the whole attention of everyone in the gym.  People started whispering, wondering if Dongwoon had come to confess to Hyuna or something.  Dongwoon was well known in the school as the resident bad boy.  But his sharp looks and carefree attitude earned him quite the popularity with the girls.

Hyuna was slightly taken back.  What business did Dongwoon have with her? 

Dongwoon noticed this and said quickly, “I just need to tell you something.  But it’s probably best if we speak somewhere else… in private.”  He glanced around the gym, it was pretty obvious everyone was eavesdropping on the conversation.

Hyuna nodded uncertainly and followed Dongwoon to the outside of the gym.

“Do you lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter