Hard to read

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

Hard to read

By the end of the day, Hyuna was sick.  Sick of answering questions about Junhyung.  Who knew he was that popular?  She was certain that if one more person asked about if they were going out, she was going to throw her bag at them to shut them up.  As she closed her locker door, the boy in question was standing right next to her. 

“Are you dating Yong Junhyung?”  He asked. 

Hyuna looked at him displeasingly as grabbed her backpack. 

“Ok, you asked for it.”  She stepped a metre away from him before throwing the backpack at him. Junhyung however, moved away at the last second, making Hyuna miss her target and instead the bag hit someone else.  The unsuspecting victim, confused and shocked, looked around surprised.

Hyuna immediately ran up to the boy and asked, “Are you ok?”

“I’m fine.” He said and handled her back her bag.  “This is yours, am I right?”

For someone who had just been hit by a backpack, he was strangely all smiles and didn’t look one bit annoyed.  Hyuna took a closer look at the boy and realized how good-looking he was.  His short jet black hair was swept loosely on the side and his mis-matched eye-smile gave him a boyish charm.

“I’m so sorry.  I didn’t mean for that to hit you.  That was meant for someone else.” She said sweetly as she glared back at Junhyung.

“No offense taken. I’m fine really.” He chuckled, paying no attention to Junhyung before walking off.

As she thought about it for a moment, she looked towards Junhyung and then back at the guy walking away.  They guy looked vaguely familiar.  She then finally made the connection. 

“What are you staring at?”  Junhyung asked.

“That guy. He was the one who punched you, wasn’t he?”

Junhyung shrugged in return.  Hyuna looked at him, confused.  To Hyuna, Junhyung was a hard person to read.  She just could never understand what was on his mind, apart from bothering her all the time.

“Why aren’t you angry?” 

But he simply shrugged back and said, “You didn’t answer my question.”

“I’m going home.”  Hyuna replied as she put on her backpack.  What exactly is he up to?

Then Junhyung took out his phone.  “Then what are you going to do about this?” 

Hyuna looked guiltily at his cracked phone screen but then remembered what got her into that mess in the first place.   “That’s your own fault.”

 “Meet me at the bus stop 112 near our school tomorrow, say around 12.” 

“Why?”

“To get me a new phone.”

“We have school tomorrow!”  Hyuna retorted, trying to get out of it.

“Either you pay for my phone or you’re going to go help me buy a new one and I’ll let you off.”  With that, he waved goodbye to her.  “Plus, it’s Saturday tomorrow silly.”

When Hyuna arrived home, she could smell the kimchi stew her grandma was cooking in the kitchen.  Hoping her grandma didn’t hear her from the kitchen, she tiptoed up the stairs, only to see her grandma looked from unimpressed at her, as she stood at the top of the stairs.  It was as if she was there waiting for her.

“Would you care to explain what happened yesterday night, young lady?”  her grandma asked, her arms crossed.

Hyuna looked sulkily at her grandma.  If she explained everything to her, grandma would probably scold for being a busybody

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter