Eye for an eye

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Eye for an eye

“Seriously dude, how did you manage to make Hyuna scream?”  Doojoon asked Junhyung as he caught up to him just as he was walking out of the school gates.

“Nothing happened.”  Junhyung answered nonchalantly with a shrug.

Doojoon looked carefully at Junhyung and only saw his usual blank expression.  Junhyung was not an easy person to read and the only one who could get answers from him, was usually Yoseob, the blabbermouth of the their group.  And since Doojoon wasn’t really in the mood to squeeze answers out of the unwilling Junhyung, he left it at that and didn’t bother asking him. 

“Oh yeah, Junhyung!  Why did you skip basketball training again?”  Doojoon exclaimed, suddenly remembering what he was really chasing Junhyung for.

“I think I’ll have to quit.”  Junhyung calmly replied.  “Basketball’s not really for me.”

Although he said that to Doojoon, he actually liked to play basketball, it was just that he had been feeling exhausted all the time, as if all his energy was constantly been drained.  He was never in the mood to play.  Something was wrong, but he thought that it was probably because he wasn’t sleeping enough, so he thought to ignore it for the time being.

Doojoon accepted his explanation and said, “Alright man.  Whatever you say.  Just go tell the coach before he explodes… at the rest of the team… again.” 

“Got it.”  Junhyung said. 

“Tell me already, Hyunahhh~” Sohyun whined. 

And then looked at Hyuna with her puppy eyes and exaggerated sad face.  It was around 8am in the morning and they were on the bus to school.  Since Hyuna still hadn’t explained yesterday’s incident with Junhyung, Sohyun’s curiosity grew by ten-fold and the moment she sat by Hyuna on the bus, she kept asking her non-stop. 

Hyuna wondered why herself, why didn’t she want to tell anyone what happened?   As she remembered how close Junhyung’s face was to hers again, she blushed.  Well, it was embarrassing, so she didn’t want to tell Sohyun, but something else about it that she didn’t like. 

Sohyun was extremely stubborn, probably a lot more stubborn than Jihyun.  But, if it was Jihyun, Hyuna knew that she would have probably guessed or have rough idea what had happened. 

So as Hyuna let a long sigh, she asked Sohyun, “Then tell me why you guys locked me up in that classroom and any else Jihyun is planning, then I’ll tell you.” 

“Fine, I won’t ask anymore.”  Sohyun replied and then took out her mp3 player to listen to. 

Hyuna couldn’t tell if she really lost interest asking or she was resisting really hard not to tell her Jihyun’s plan.  If it was the latter, then that was definitely a bad sign.  Jihyun had managed to make Sohyun keep quiet about something she was planning and that meant that something was big, Hyuna thought. 

Jihyun loved playing matchmaker too much and though it was fun to play around, it was only good if you weren’t her victim.  Hyuna had to admit though; Jihyun had a good eye at picking out compatible couples, but that definitely didn’t mean that she and Junhyung were compatible.

“Definitely no way,” she repeated to herself. 

But it seemed to Hyuna that Jihyun was dead set on making her and Junhyung get together.  And because of that, Hyuna sensed that for days to come, she’d have no peace.  And since Jihyun was so sure that Hyuna and Junhyung would make a good pair, this made Hyuna feel even more eager to prove her wrong. 

As Sohyun and Hyuna got off the bus and into the school grounds, they saw Yoseob talking with Hyunseung near the school entrance. 

“Hey guys,” Hyuna called out to get their attention.  “Why you guys looking so serious in the morning?”

Hyunseung and Yoseob stopped talking and looked over to Hyuna and Sohyun’s direction.

 “Hi guys,” Hyunseung said, not really paying attention.  He was looked really stressed and fidgety, Sohyun and Hyuna noticed.

“Hi Hyuna, hi Sohyun,” Yoseob replied, but then he turned back to Hyunseung and continued his conversation with him.  “Just tell her that you want to talk to her alone.  If it’s ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter