Double trapped

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

Double trapped

Junhyung looked back at the boy, not looking one bit affected. 

Yoseob and Hyuna just stared wide-eyed at the scene before them.  Was this boy going to continue beating up Junhyung?  And was Junhyung just going to let this boy beat him up? 

But to their surprise, the boy just took one last glare at Junhyung before roughly letting go of his collar and walking away.  

“Do you know him?” Yoseob asked, tilting his head in confusion.

“No idea who he is.”  Junhyung answered as he straightened out his school shirt collar. 

Hyuna looked at Junhyung’s cheek, which was starting to swell up due to the punch.  She knew that Junhyung was a fairly calm and collected guy, but to be punched in the face and still act so calmly, somehow didn’t match up. 

She wondered what Junhyung was thinking and why wasn’t he angry?  It confused and intrigued her. 

As the end of lunch bell rang, Junhyung headed off to his own class, while Yoseob and Hyuna went to their lockers to get ready for sports class.

“You know, if I had to say it Hyuna... I think I’d say that Junhyung’s interested in you.”  Yoseob said happily as they were busy stretching in one of the tennis courts, as part of the warm up for the class.

Hyuna looked side-eyed at Yoseob with her face giving him an “I don’t think so” expression.

“Why not?  Junhyung’s a pretty nice guy.”  Yoseob gave her a sad face back and began pouting.

“Stop pouting Yoseob!”  Then she stopped stretching and proceeded to pinch Yoseob’s cheeks, while he was in the middle of doing a leg stretch. 

“Ummm, what exactly are you guys doing?”  A voice behind them said.

Both Hyuna and Yoseob turned around, to see Jihyun carrying some tennis rackets and bucket of balls.

“We’re playing tennis today, not other people’s pinching cheeks, Hyuna.”  Jihyun said as she handed them each a racket.  “Come on guys, we’re on court 4.  Hyunseung is already setting up the net.”

“Jihyun, Hyuna’s being mean again.”  Yoseob whined.

“It’s because you’re too cute, Yoseob.”  Hyuna replied sarcastically, while giving him a fake smile.

Jihyun, ignored her two friends’ usual bickering and looked over at the class who were all busy setting up the tennis nets and how they grumbling as they were at it.  The basketball team had been using the courts before, so all the tennis nets had been taken down. 

Their sports teacher simply responded to the grumbling with, “Less talk and more action class.  This is a sports class, not a time for you to be complaining.  The basketball players will have to take down the nets when they play as well.” 

Hyuna and Yoseob looked at each other, realizing that it meant at the end of class, they wouldn’t need to put the nets back into the equipment shed, meaning that they wouldn’t have the chance to lock Jihyun and Hyunseung up.  They both looked towards Jihyun but she was not paying any attention to them.

“I think we can still get Jihyun into the shed, anyways.”  Hyuna whispered to Yoseob.  “We still need to put away all the rackets and tennis balls remember.” 

Yoseob nodded in agreement.  While the two were busying whispering, Hyunseung came from the other court, to see why the three were taking so long.  He saw the whispering pair and then noticed that Jihyun staring at something.  He looked at the direction she was facing, and found that she was staring at the basketball hoop in the far end of the court. 

For that moment, he didn’t know if he should approach her.  She looked so absorbed in her own thoughts that he didn’t want to interrupt her.  And for a moment, she entranced him; her usual let down brown hair was tied up in a simple high ponytail, accentuating her glowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter