Here we go again

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

Here we go again

As the two heard the tricked pair attempting to open the door with no luck, Hyuna took Junhyung’s hand that was covering .  She was too focused on what was happening to Hyunseung and Jihyun to worry about Junhyung’s appearance.  This is not going according to the plan at all, Hyuna thought, frustrated as she ruffled her hair.

“You can probably hide it from everyone else, but I’ve seen through your pretense Jihyun.”  Hyunseung sat down on the floor in front of the locked door and stared aimlessly into the darkness of the shed. 

“What are you talking about Hyunseung?  I’m not hiding anything.” Jihyun, who also had given up at trying to open the door, sat down beside him and looked at Hyunseung with a small smile. 

The shed was dark, and the only light that came in as from the vents near the top of the walls.  But to Hyunseung, as he examined her expression under the dim lights, he could see that her smile was telling him one thing.  She was lying.

“Really Jihyun?”  He saw her smile falter for a second, but as soon as he saw it, she smiled confidently again. 

“Hyunseung.  I know you’re worried about me and for that I’m grateful, but really I’m fine.  Now, let’s find a way out of this shed.  I really don’t want to be stuck here, and you probably don’t want to either, right?”

She looked to him for a reply, only to hear Hyunseung breathe out a heavy sigh.  Jihyun stood up and attempted to open the door again, banging the door to see if anyone could hear from the outside but without much luck. 

As this was happening, Hyuna looked wide-eyed at the situation unfolding in front of her. The pile of equipment that Hyuna tripped over moments before had hidden Hyuna and Junhyung from view.  Hyuna couldn’t see them, but she could hear their conversation, crystal clear. 

This was a whole lot deeper than she had anticipated.  Hyuna asked herself, Wasn’t Hyunseung just going to confess to Jihyun?  What is all of this deep talk? What the hell is going on? As she was thinking to herself, she noticed a poke to her arm. 

She looked down and saw she was still sitting on Junhyung.  

Oh, right.  She had fallen on top on Junhyung before.

Hyunah quickly got off Junhyung embarrassed and sat next to him.

“Why the hell are you here?  How come I didn’t see you come in before?”  She whispered to him angrily.  “Are you trying to muck up our plans for Hyunseung and Jihyun?”

Junhyung looked indifferently back at the accusation, moved closer to her with a smug smile.  Hyuna reacted by automatically moving back and raised her hands in front of Junhyung’s face in defense. But then Junhyung chuckled, moved away and showed her the tools he was holding in his hand. 

A cloth and a cleaning spray. 

“Doojoon and I were forced to clean up for detention.  Doojoon’s cleaning the trophy room and I was supposed to clean the sports shed and when I was walking out of the shed, you fell on me.” 

Hyuna mouthed back an “Oh”.  She didn’t like how he could so easily but ignored Junhyung and continued to concentrate on unsuspected pair’s conversation.

“I already know.”  The defeated Jihyun said softly to Hyunseung.  “I know who planned this and why they planned this.” 

Hyunseung thought he would be embarrassed that Jihyun found out that he liked her and did all of this just to get to talk to her alone.  But, that wasn’t the point.

“Don’t change the subject.  You know exactly what I’m talking about.”  He needed to hear it.  He needed to know for actual fact instead of being told through his gut feeling. 

An image of that guy’s concerned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter