It all started with a ...

miss butterfingers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

It all started with a “you-know-how-I-borrowed-your-phone”

“Hey Hyuna!”

Hyuna heard a voice scream from behind her as she was about to walk through the school gates.  Hyuna turned to see an extremely puffed out Sohyun, one of her friends, trying to catch up to her.  Her usual long, neat black hair was now in an awful tangle from running and the harsh wind that was blowing unforgivingly. 

“Hey, what’s all the rush about?”  Hyuna asked, while trying to help straightening up the mess of her hair at the same time. 

“You-know-how-you-let-me-borrow-your-phone, yeah?”  Sohyun said, without taking a single breath. 

What was so important that she had to sprint all the way here? Hyuna thought.

But she guessed it was just like Sohyun to be like that; always too energetic and in a rush.  Sometimes her bubbly personality was too much for Hyuna to handle, but she had to admit, she was a really good friend who knew how to change your sour mood into a happy one.  Hyuna blames it on her contagious eye-smile and her very unique and random dance moves she pulls off all the time. 

“Yeah, Sohyun you can slow down.  I don’t understand what you’re saying.  And calm down, I’m not rushing anywhere.”

“Haha alright, that’s good.”  She took a few deep breaths before continuing, “I borrowed your phone at lunch, yeah? Well I thought that you wouldn’t forget it if I put it under your desk, but I think you forgot it Hyuna.”

“Oh yeah my phone.  And how do you know I forgot it?”  She looked at Sohyun, confused. 

“I was ringing you by borrowing Yoseob's phone, but you weren’t picking up!”  She said as she pouted her face. 

Hyuna knew she was trying to appear angry, but it was not working.  Mainly because it was impossible for Sohyun to pretend that she was angry, as it usually it looked like she was trying to act cute.  Plus it made her cuter than usual; the kind of cute where Hyuna had the urge to hug and squeeze her tight or pinch her cheeks. 

“That’s strange.  I’m sure I put my phone in my bag.”  Hyuna quickly rummaged through her bag trying to find her phone.  But it was not there, strangely enough.

“I think you should go look for it, Hyuna.  Maybe go back to your classroom again,” Sohyun suggested. 

If Hyuna hadn’t been so pre-occupied with trying to think where she left her phone, Hyuna would have probably noticed by now that there was something strange about how Sohyun was acting, since Sohyun was really quite bad at hiding things from people. 

“Nah, I remember taking it and putting it in my bag.  I must have left it somewhere else. And Sohyun don’t panic, it’s not your fault.”

“Hyuna, let’s just check the classroom to be sure.”  Sohyun seemed to growing impatient, she was even fiddling with her hair, something she always did when she couldn’t keep still or was nervous.

“Why are you so sure it’s in the classroom?”  Hyuna asked Sohyun, puzzled. 

By now Hyuna should have realised that Sohyun was leading her on, but at that time, she didn’t realise it as she was too fussed about her own phone.  Yep, big mistake. So instead of leaving school as Hyuna had wanted to, Sohyun dragged her back to the classroom.  As Sohyun stood by the door of the classroom, Hyuna walked in towards her desk, which was at the far end of the room.  But after she took a few steps, Hyuna heard the door click shut behind her. 

Why would Sohyun close the door?

“What are you doing Sohyun?”  Hyuna turned around and walked up to the now closed door.

She tried to see if the door would bulge open, but unfortunately it was locked.

 “Why the hell are you locking me in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter