21

Walking on Margins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 2014

            I look at Yi Fan in disbelief. So that incident on the hill was no incident. That day I met Sehun, he had a reason.

            “Shut the f.uck up, Wu Yi Fan,” Sehun’s eyes are livid. “You were the one who was dealing the drugs to me. You were in the same rehab as me. You had the same therapist as me – Im Yoona. Don’t you remember? I’m sure you do. Because both of us loved her.”

            “Shut up, Oh Sehun. This isn’t the place to go confess your love to someone.” Yi Fan attempts to remain stone-faced, but with much difficulty. I could see him shaking from where I sat.

            “If you want to get back at me, you’re going down with me,” says Sehun. “I didn’t love her like you did. She was an older sister to me. Yet, you perceived everything the wrong way like you always do. You thought Yoona and I had something, didn’t you?”

            “Shut up. SHUT UP!” Yi Fan roars. Evident veins pop up from his neck.

            Even then, Sehun doesn’t back down. “You killed her.”

* * * *

October 2008

            It was one of those days. After school, Sehun would be quietly sent to the rehab center. Per usual, Yoona would be waiting for him. They would start their therapy session, but nothing would really help. Drugs were addicting, and things like this took time.

            But Yoona was patient. And it was because of this mindset of hers that made both Yi Fan and Sehun come to love her.

            “C’mon Sehun. Stop being such a wimp and take some. It’s been a while since you took it. C’mon, I’ll give you a discount. If you buy two packs, I’ll give you one for free. Things like this don’t come  easily,” Yi Fan persuaded. He stuffed two packs of weed into Sehun’s pocket. “I’ll be expecting the $50 tomorrow.”

            As tempting as the bargain sounded, Sehun forced himself to return the drugs to Yi Fan. “I’m on rehab. I prefer if you’d stop trying to deal me drugs from now on. And I think you should stop as well. Yoona wouldn’t be happy.”

            Yi Fan spins on the balls of his heels. “Who are you to tell me what Yoona thinks? YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HER. SO SHUT UP, GOD DAMMNIT.”

            “We have therapy session this afternoon. Don’t be late.” With that said, Sehun left.

* * * *

            “I’m forced to sell those drugs then work as a lab rat. My parents work for the mafia. I’m their test experiment. And when I refuse to do so, they threaten to kill me,” Yi Fan sobbed into his hands. “I have no choice but to do this. They don’t know about this therapy. They’ll kill me if they find out.”

            Perhaps

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter