One promise

Till The End

“Thank you Key, for dropping me off.” Mir said when they arrive at the shop where he’s working.

“No problem.” Key smiled at the other. “Besides this is also my way to school.”

“Okay then. See you.” The other run towards the shop while waving to him.

He was waving when suddenly someone stood beside him.

“That’s it? No goodbye kiss?” Jonghyun said.

“Well maybe because for Mir, relationship is not just skinship.” He answered and acted as if he was not shocked by the sudden appearance of the elder.

“How innocent. That’s good. That’s very romantic for the both of you. Start to get to know each other.” He turned at Key who was glaring at him. He smiled at him before walking towards the shop. “Take care on your way to your school.” He added before he entered the shop.

Key just rolled his eyes before getting in his car.



“! ! Damn it!” Jonghyun continuously swears while sitting at Minho’s couch. He was currently at the younger’s apartment. He walked straight at the other’s apartment as usual after work. And right now he was busy playing games on Minho’s X-Box.

“Hyung, I would appreciate if you could stop swearing and abusing my appliances.” Minho passed one bottle of beer to the elder.

“But this game is continuously ing me!” He said as he threw the control at the center table.

Minho, who was standing and looking at the elder, crossed his arms on his chest. “Hyung. Mind telling me what is your problem?” He asked while looking at the guy who’s drinking his beer as if he was just drinking a water.

“Who said I have a problem?” The elder laid his body on the couch while his hands, which is holding the beer was hanging at his side.

He stared at the ceiling and suddenly an image pop in his mind. The image that have been staying in his mind. The one he just saw the other night and this morning. While Mir holding Key’s hands. He was frustrated since that night since he didn’t have the chance to his date because he can’t somehow make his thing hard for God who knows why. And because he just made his self a laughing stock in front of the girl that he can’t even remember the name. And his frustration continued today because of no particular reason.

“!” He swears again after kicking the pillow that just quietly lying on the couch.

“Yeah, you sure don’t have a problem.” Minho picked up the pillow and hug it as he sat on the floor. “So wanna console it to me? I might give you a handful advice.” He asked then he looked at his hyung.

Jonghyun sighed. He put his free hand on his forehead. “I saw Mir and Key the other night and this morning.” He started.

“Yeah?” The younger was not sure if he wanted to listen to this since he already have an idea of what really is Jonghyun’s problem.

“They are holding hands at your bar and this morning Key dropped him off at work.” He said softly.

Minho raised his eyebrow while looking at his hyung. “So, that’s your problem? That you saw them holding hands and Key drove him off?” Minho wanted to laugh at his hyung’s facial expression.

He took a long pause before getting up, aggressively. “Hell no!” “Hell yes.” His mind shouted. “No, that’s not it. What made you think that?”

“Um, maybe because that’s what you just said right now? The younger answered sarcastically.

“Well, that’s called the beginning of the story.” He answered before getting up and walked to the window. “That’s not the main point of my story or my problem.” He put his beer at the table.

“Then why do you have to say that? Is it really necessary for you to start your story and problem as something like that?” The taller guy chuckled at how Jonghyun’s acting right now. This is the first time that he saw the elder being like this. Someone who’s acting like a -- he smiled from the idea in his mind.

“Yes. No.” He stood up as then walked towards the window. “You know what just listen to me. Okay?”

Minho shrugged his shoulder and tried to concentrate to listen at his hyungs’s problem. “Okay.”

“So from what I am saying, I saw them the other night. I am with..ahm..I don’t remember her name. Then when we were about to make up, my..my.. you know.” He stared at Minho who was looking at him with is big eyes and was waiting for him to finish what he was saying. “My..” he sighed before continuing what he was about to say because for sure Minho will going to laugh at him once he continue his story.

“Your?” Minho’s put a curious face when he noticed that Jonghyun was hesitating to continue.

Jonghyun scratched his head before turning around. “I didn’t get an . And that girl laughed hysterically and couldn’t stop laughing at me.” He said with a very low voice which he was sure Minho heard because the younger burst into laughing. “YAH! Is that really funny for you? That’s a big problem for me.”

“N-no.” Minho wiped the tears in his eyes after hearing Jonghyun’s story. And he tried to stop his laughing because his tummy started to ache.

“Go laughed to your heart content.” He walked towards the kitchen and grabbed some beer.

After laughing his heart out, Minho stood up and sat on the couch beside Jonghyun. “Wow. Your problem is really big.” He said sarcastically.

The elder glared the other. “So? Where is your handful advice?”

“Do you really need one?” Minho teased. When the other didn’t answer, he put his arms around his hyung’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about that. It’s just a normal thing especially when you are tired.”

“I am not tired that day.” He thought about the thing that might get him tired but nothing crossed his mind.

“Then maybe…you’re just tired of those girls?”

Jonghyun turned his head to the other to look at the other’s face and notice that there’s a grin on his face. “Yeah, maybe I am just tired of them.”

“Then why don’t you try with other guys. Maybe your body is looking for another, you know. Entrance?” He giggled at his own erted mind. After saying it, Minho realized that he never saw Jonghyun with another guy other than Key.

“Yeah, you’re talking as if I am some kind of maniac.” He elbowed the younger at his tummy.

“Are you not?” Minho teased. “But seriously hyung. Maybe that’s just what you’re looking for right now.”

“I can’t.” The elder sighed as he rested his back on the couch then he shook his head. “No, no. Can’t means incapable, of course I can do that. What I want to say is I won’t, I won’t do that.” He stared at the TV but his attention is not on the show.

“Why not?”

Jonghyun didn’t answer and just shrugged his shoulder. It is better left untold.

When Minho noticed that the elder is not gonna answer his question, he decided not to bother to ask again. He stood up and did some stretching. “Don’t mind that problem anymore hyung. Instead, you should better open your eyes to see the bigger problem other than that.” He said then he ruffled the other’s hair before walking towards the bathroom.

Jonghyun fixed his hair but then ruffled it again when he just suddenly got irritated. “Argh. Bigger problem. What is bigger than that?” He drinks his beer in one shot.



It was Nana’s birthday and all 91 liners are invited to her party and as well as Jonghyun since he was her friend too. The party was already started when Key and Mir arrived with a gift in their hands. They walked directly in Nana’s direction to great her a happy birthday.

“I thought the two of you are not coming anymore.” She said after she thank the two for their gift.

Key smiled. “I am afraid that you will kick me as your friend so mind as well drop here since I don’t have class tomorrow.” He explained then his eyes flew at the corner where Jonghyun and the others are talking.

“Well at least you know what will gonna happen once you miss my party.” She giggled then she turned at Mir. “And you? Why are you so late? I thought you didn’t have work?”

“I waited Key for him to finish his class.” He answered. He looked at Key and he saw when the other sigh after taking his eyes off of Jonghyun.

“Aw, what a thoughtful boyfriend.” Nana teased while assisting the two to their table together with the other. “Here is our fresh couple who just arrived.”

The others greeted them. Key sat beside Nicole, as usual, and Mir beside him.

“Are you two really a couple now?” Dongwoon asked then he took a short peeked at Jonghyun who was busy digging.

“We—”

“Yes they are.” Jonghyun cut Mir who was about to answer. All the heads turned to his side with a confusing looked. “Why are you guys looking at me like that?”

“How did you know that they are already dating?” Nicole asked. Key never told her about his current relationship.

“Well, at first at rumors which I got from you guys. And then I just confirmed it when I saw them the other night.” He looked at Key who was looking at him with his eyebrows up.

“Oh yeah, that night when you got laughed at by a girl because you didn’t get an .” Minho interrupted the conversation.

The others burst into laughter at what Minho said. Even Key who was trying not to laugh. It was so good to laugh again in front of Jonghyun.

“YAH! Do you really have to say that here?” He threw a napkin to the other who was busy laughing his off the chair.

“Oh, sorry.” Minho seated properly. “I didn’t know that it’s supposed to be a secret between us.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he continued to eat. When he looked up he saw Key smiling and for some reason it makes him smile knowing that Key can pull up a happy face in front of him again.

“That must be a big problem for you hyung.” Jinwoon said after passing the food to his girlfriend.

“Must be. Especially to his pride.” Nicole added.

“Hyung, try getting some medicine. So that you have a backup when that happen again.” Mir teased the elder who then threw another napkin to him

“I told him that maybe he got tired of those girls and try to change to guys. Maybe his body is just looking for something else. But then he said that he won’t do that.” Minho then secretly glanced at Key’s direction which he noticed that the other expression suddenly change.

“Why so?” Nicole and Nana asked at the same time.

“It’s none of your business. And it is good for you guys to make fun of me?” He asked after finishing his food.

“YES!!” All of them answered except Key.

“Then make yourself happy.” He looked at Nana who was giggling. “Especially you since it is your birthday.”

The teasing about Jonghyun didn’t stop at that moment until it was just buried in different topics. But what makes it unbelievable is that Mir and Key relationship didn’t mention again. All their topics are all about nonsense things.

When Key suddenly got tired of talking and eating, he excused himself to get some fresh air. He walked towards the balcony and was surprised to see Jonghyun there and was busy humming a song. When he saw him he suddenly stopped and gave him a smile.

“Hey there.” He turned around to face the younger. “Got tired of having a chit-chat?”

“Hmm.” Key stayed at where he was and just leaned on the door frame. “You? What are you doing here? Don’t you want to hear their teasing?” He smiled faintly.

“Nah. I’d rather stay here than to hear their teasing. I’d rather talked to the moon.”

Then an awkward silence was suddenly surrounded them. Neither of us wanted to talk since they know that there is nothing to talk about. After staring at Key who was looking nowhere, Jonghyun turned his back again to stare at the moon.

“Why..why did you say that to Minho?” Key said after a long silence.

“Hmm?” Jonghyun looked at the other through his shoulder. “Ah, that one. I don’t know, maybe because I thought that he will help me which he didn’t do.” He said then he looked back at the moon.

“Not that one. Why did you say the you don’t want to..to do it with a guy.” The younger waited for the other’s answer while staring at his back. He was not sure if Jonghyun was going to answer since he keep silent. He took a deep breath then he massage his neck that suddenly got tired. “Never mind, you do—”

“Because I want to at least keep my promise.” Jonghyun answered but didn’t bother to look around that’s why he didn’t saw Key reaction.

“Pro-promise?” Key stuttered. He felt a slight pain in his chest.

“Didn’t I promise you? That I won’t go to bed with a guy other that you.” The elder said with a slow voice that Key barely heard.

“Why. Why are you still keeping that?”

“Because that’s the least thing I can do for you. Then and even now.” Jonghyun turned around to look at Key who has an unexplainable expression, or maybe not really because Jonghyun knows that expression very well. Hurt. “To just at least keep my one promise. Even if we are not together anymore.” He added with a smile in his face.

Key chuckled. “W-what are you talking about? You must be drunk now.” He tried not to sound nervous.

“I am not. I didn’t even finish one bottle.” The elder was looking at the other straight from the eye.

The younger feel a suddenly panic. “I..I have to go. It’s starting to get cold.” He gulped the lump in his throat then he turned around. But before he can take a step inside the house, Jonghyun called him.

“Kibum.” The elder called but Key didn’t turn around. “I meant what I said at the other night. I really wish for your happiness. I hope you can find the love that you are looking for. The love that I didn’t give you. The happiness that you didn’t experience while you were with me. I don’t know how many times have you heard this, but then again I wanted to say this for the last time. I am so sorry for hurting you. And I am so sorry for…for..for not loving you the way you want me to.” He cleared his throat and hold himself from walking towards Key. “You don’t have to forgive me if that’s what makes you feel good.” He chuckled bitterly when he saw Key sighing. “Kibum, please from now on, love those people who can love you back. Don’t make yourself miserable. Again.”

“T-th-thank you for your concern..” Key blinked the tears in his eyes before turning his head to the other. He was thankful that the place was a bit dark, that’s why he can hide the redness of his nose and eyes. “…hyung. I am happy now.” He didn’t wait for the other’s say anything as he entered inside the house.

“You’re welcome. Kibummie.” Jonghyun mumbled as he watched Key disappear then he turned around to look at the moon again ignoring the unfamiliar pain in his chest.



Hello readers
I am so sorry for this chapter,
I am really not satisfied with this one and I don't know why I am still posting it.
Please don't hate me if this update is kinda draggy.
Thank you for still reading!!
LOVE YOU ALL
♥♥♥KISS..KISS..KISS♥♥♥