Till Next Time

Till The End

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

Jonghyun wiggled inside his blanket while hearing his phone rings. He searched it under his pillow and answered sleepily.

“Hello?” He answered while his eyes close.

“Ahm, Jong. Are you already sleeping?” The other person on the line asked.

“Hmm. Why? Is there any problem?”

“You see,ahm.. I forgot my car and right now I am here at Minho’s bar. Can you pick me up?’

He sighed as he sat up in his bed ruffling his hair. He turned to look at the clock on his side table to check the time. 2:30. He looked around the dark room and he spotted his pants on the floor. He just got home from his night shift and he has to wake up tomorrow morning because it was his first day as the composer of the company he applied last time.

“Jong?” The other asked to check if he was still in the line.

“Okay Kibummie. Wait me there.” He said before he hanged up.

While he was in the taxi, a thought ran through his mind. Since he and Key got back together, the other was always asking him to pick him up and it’s always in God damn midnight. Maybe Key was having his little revenge on him for what he did in the past.

But he doesn’t care about that besides he kinda deserve all of this. This was nothing compared to what he has done to him in the past.

Though he was sad that they only have a short time together before Key will leave for Milan, he was still happy because Key gave him a second chance. And he can’t blame anyone besides himself, if only he didn’t act like that, if only he didn’t hurt him, if only he didn’t act as a complete bastard and if only he realize his feelings a long time ago, his and Key’s time together should be longer. But this is not the time to regret all what happen in the past and it’s not like Key was going to die, he was just going to study abroad and it was for his own good.

“Sir we’re here.” The taxi driver interrupted his thought.

“Ah, yes. Sorry.” He dug his pocket to search some money and pass it to the driver. “Thank you ajusshi.” He said before getting off the car.



When he entered the bar, he looked around and notice that there are no more customers beside Key and his group. The younger waved at him. He walked towards them. “So, let’s go?” He said after greeting his friends.

Key pouted as he pulled the other to sit beside him. “Nope, not yet. It’s still early. Let’s have drink first.”

“Then why did you call me to pick you up?”

“I didn’t know that you will come immediately.” The other answered.

“You—” He couldn’t finish what he was saying when he saw Key’s begging eyes. He sighed as he reached one bottle of alcohol. “Okay. Let’s stay a little bit.” He said before drinking.

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.” Dongwoon shook his head after observing the two lovers. “Who have thought that you two will going to be back with each other?”

“I know right.” Jinwoon said as he raised his head from leaning on his girlfriend’s shoulder.

“Oh well, that’s the power of love.” Mir said looking at Jonghyun and Key who talking with each other.

“And what about you? I thought that you two started dating?” Nicole asked because up until now she doesn’t know the real relationship of Key and Mir.

“Nope. It was just an act to help.” He answered smiling. He was so happy that his act helped the two to get back with each other.

“Aigoo. How sad. The good guy is always the one who was left alone.” Nicole teased the other.

“Who said I was left alone? I already met my other prospect.” He smiled remembering the guy he just met at the grocery store yesterday. “Anyway, Key.” He called the other who turned his head towards him.

“Yes?”

“You’re leaving next week right?” Mir asked which all the others turned their heads towards Key.

Key cleared his throat. “Ahm, about that.” He took a short glimpse at Jonghyun who was looking at him curiously. “I’m thinking of not going anymore.”

“What?!” The others asked at the same time.

“What are you talking Key?” Jonghyun asked with concern in his voice. This is the thing he was scared the most. He was right thinking that Key will be having a second thought going to Milan. This was his fault.

“The truth is, I only wanted to go there to forget Jong. Going there is the great escape I have to forget you. To move on after what happen to us. But now that we already back with each other, I don’t think that it’s still necessary.”

“But you said you wanted to pursue your dreams?”

“Yes I said that but I can pursue that here.” He looked at his friends who have a questioning face. “Don’t worry. I can still be a fashion designer here. It’s not like Milan is the only place I can pursue my dreams.” He smiled then he lowered his head to avert their eyes. He still can feel Jonghyun’s was staring at him.



They are currently walking in the park on their way home. Jonghyun was being quiet since they left the bar and Key knew what he was thinking. He wrapped his arms around the other’s waist and rested his head in his shoulder.

“Jong, don’t think about it so much. It’s my own decision.” He said.

Jonghyun stopped walking then he walked in front of Key. He cupped the other’s face and stared it for a long time. “Kibummie. This is my fault.”

Key smiled, shaking his head. “No it’s not. I was happy for my decision. Besides, are you not happy that I’m gonna stay here?”

“I am happy. But I still wish you to go there.” The elder said while still looking at the other’s face. Memorizing every line of his face. “I don’t want you to regret this in the future.” He doesn’t want Key to experience any regret in his life.

“But—” The blonde’s words was cut when Jonghyun put his finger to his lips.

“If you are worried about us, don’t be. Didn’t I promise you already that I am already yours? That I’m all yours. I won’t do those things again.” He pulled the other inside his arms and caressed his head. “I love you Kibummie. And I wanted you to be successful. You have a great opportunity there.”

“But you will gonna miss me?” Key said hugging the other tightly.

“I can handle it.”

“What if I fall in love with someone else while I am there?”

“You have all the right to fall in love. I can accept it.”

“What if I decided not to go back anymore?”

“You can do that. Or maybe I can go there.”

“What if—”

“Kibummie. No matter what happens. I will always be here waiting for you. Always love you.” He kissed the other’s head before pulling away from the hug. When he looked at the other’s face he saw tears in Key’s face and it broke his heart. He has once promised to himself that he won’t make Key cry again but it looks like it was his role to make the other cry. “Why are you crying?”

“Because I am sad. Stupid dino.” The younger answered as he wiped his tears.

“Why are you sad?” Jongyhyun asked innocently.

Key smacked the other in the stomach who just laughed as he held his hands as they continued to walk.

“I know it’s really sad and I am sad too. But what can we do? I think this is a challenged to test how much I can wait for you.” He looked up and smiled when he saw that there’s a lot of star in the sky. When was it, when was the time he appreciate the beauty of the star? Ah right, it is when he was looking in Key’s eyes. Those sparkles in his eyes were like those stars in the sky. And he was happy that he was the one who can bring out those sparkles.

Key held the other’s hands tightly. “Are you really sure Jong? There might be a time that we will never talk with each other since I am going to be busy there.”

Jonghyun used his free hands to scratch his head. “That’s fine, that’s fine.” He answered awkwardly. “Besides I am going to be busy too you know.” He added to make it more convincing.

Key stayed quiet for a long time before he leaned his head the other’s shoulder. “Okay. Then it can’t be helped. I think I will be going then.” He said with a low voice.

Jonghyun thought that he was ready to hear it but after hearing Key said that he was going, he felt that like there was a dagger in his chest. He sighed, he let go of this hand to wrap his arms around Key’s shoulder. “Then I am happy. Good luck to you babe.” He said kissing the other on the head.

“Jong, can you stay by my side until the day of my flight? Like can you stay in my apartment?”

“Sure.” Jonghyun once thought to invite or asked Key to go back to their apartment but decided not to since he knew that it only brings bad memory to the other.

“Thank you.”



It was the night of Key’s flight and they are currently in the living room and watching movie. Key never once let go of Jonghyun since he arrived at home and decided to stay awake the whole night.

“Key? Are you not going to sleep? Tomorrow is your flight babe.”

“Nope. I can sleep in the plane.” He answered. They are inside the blanket and he was hugging the other tightly.

After an hour, the movie was already finished but they remain sitting on the couch and watch the credit of the movie. He checked the time and noticed that it was only six hours left before his flight.

“Aish! Why is the time moving so fast?” He said irritated.

Jonghyun chuckled. “Then stop watching it. The movie is already finished. Want to watch another one?”

Key shook his head. He looked up at his boyfriend then gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Can you sing for me?” He asked while looking at the other’s face.

“What do you want me to sing?”

“Do you really have to ask that?”

 He smiled then stood up to grab his guitar he brought since he started sleeping in Key’s apartment. He returned to the couch and sat beside Key. The other leaned his head into his shoulder as he began singing.

Key closed his eyes as he enjoyed the song. The song that was only meant for him. No matter how much he listened to it, he never once tried to memorize it because for him, it was only Jonghyun who can sing that song. It should only be sung by his beautiful voice and no one else but him. It was already in the middle of the song when his tears fell.

The feeling that he was feeling right now is different when he first heard it. Because now, he was so sure that this song contains Jonghyun’s feelings. That he was singing this song with love in his heart.

When the song was about to finish Key raised his body to look at the other but when he thought that song was already finished, the other continued playing his guitar while looking directly into his eyes.

Cos you are the dream
That finally came true in me
In all my life there'll be no one else
If I looked all my life
There could be no one else
And for the rest of my life
All I need is you.

They stayed staring at each other after the song and Key couldn’t stop tearing up. How much he will gonna miss this person. But he was still happy, knowing that the person he love, love him back.

“Do you like it? I added that lyrics after we got back to each other.” Jonghyun set the guitar aside and was shocked when Key suddenly jump on him to give him a tight hug.

“Of course. I love it. I love it so much Jong.” He said burying his face in the crook of the other’s neck.

The elder chuckled. He lay down on the couch putting Key at the top of him. He cupped the other’s face and gave him a quick peek in the lips. “Oh how much I’m gonna miss you babe.” He said while his eyes was wondering the other’s face.

“I’ll miss you too.”

“Come back to me okay? So that I can sing this song to you again. So that I can make up all the time that was loss. So that you can get revenge to me because of hurting you. Hmm?” He tried to smile so that Key will never notice how sad he is.

Key nodded as he lowered his head to give the other a kiss. A kiss that he wish can last for two years. A kiss that conveyed all his love. A kiss that he will going to bring all the way to Milan.

“When you come back. Will you..will you marry me?” He asked when Key pulled away from the kiss.

Key stared the other with his eyes wide opened. “A-are y-you proposing?” The elder nodded while smiling widely. He smiled then he wrapped his arms around the other’s neck. “Of course. I will. You can’t take that back anymore.”

“I don’t have any plan. So better come back to me okay?” Jonghyun hugged the other tightly.

“I will and that is for sure.”



“Take care of yourself there Key okay?” Nicole said after hugging his friends. They are all currently in the airport to send Key.

“I will you too. And don’t get married until I come back okay?” He teased the other who made his friends laughed.

“Don’t worry we won’t.” Jinwoon answered. “And don’t worry about Jonghyun hyung. We’ll gonna watch over him.” He winked at the elder.

“Tsk. No need for that. I am a good boy now.” Jonghyun said. “You need to check in now babe. You don’t want to be left by your plane.” He said after hearing the announcement.

“Yeah, I should go now.” He checked his passport and ticket and luggage to see if he didn’t forget anything. When he was sure that everything is okay, he sighed as he looked around to all his friends. “So I think goodbye for now.”

“Bye.” All of them said.

Key walked towards the entrance together with Jonghyun who was helping him with his luggage. Just before he entered, the elder pulled him into a tight hug.

“Take care of yourself there okay.”

“I will.”

He pulled away from the hug then he kiss the younger ignoring the other people around them. “I love you and I’ll gonna miss you.” He said after the kiss.

“I love you too. But Jong.”

“Hmmm?”

“I have to go now. I might left by my plane.”

Jonghyun chuckled. “Okay. Go now.” He passed the luggage to the other and watch him walked away.

Key turned around to wave one more time before he enter to check-in.

Key was no longer in his sight but Jonghyun remain standing there as if Key will pop out somewhere. He felt someone patted him on the back and saw Minho standing there.

“Let’s go hyung.”

He nodded just before he took his step, his phone vibrated. He saw a text message from Key.

I love you and promise me that you will wait for me!”

He smiled while typing his reply. After typing he putted back his phone in his pocket and started to walk with Minho



Key who was now sitting in the plane smiled after reading Jonghyun’s reply. He looked outside the window after plugging his earphone.

I will going to love you and wait for you Kibummie. Until the end.”

He closed his eyes when the flight attendant announced that their plane was about to take off now. “Till next time, Jong.”



It’s done. It’s done. ^___^
I know that most of you find the ending a bit rushed and messy but honestly this is the ending that was always in mind. I just want to do something new in the ending of my story. I am just tired writing the same ending such as marriage. KEKEKEKE
So I am so so so sooooooooo sorry if it disappointed you in some point.
I want to thank you all for your supports. I didn’t expect that this story will gain lots of attention. So I am so thankful to all of you!!!!!
Subscribers, Readers (Silent or Not), Commentators and Upvoters. Thank you very very much. I did love reading all your comments.
So I am now going to wrap up this story of mine. Thank you again and I hope I’ll gonna find you all again in my other story!!
Bye..Bye!!!! TILL NEXT TIME!!!
♥♥♥KISS…KISS...KISS♥♥♥