Was I ever loved by you?

Till The End

*Key POV*



I woke up from the cold breeze that touches my skin. This is the first time that I felt this kind of feeling. This coldness and emptiness that were killing me slowly. I turned around at the other side of the bed to seek some warmth from his arms. But I can't reach him. He is not by my side anymore. Jonghyun is not with me anymore. I opened my eyes just to see that empty side of the bed. Then again, my tears started to fall.

Right now, I am in Nicole's house and I was so thankful for her that she let me stay here. It’s been a week since I left the apartment which is now I have been regretting. And it hurts me that Jonghyun didn't try to contact me even once. This just made me more devastated. And broken.

I looked outside the window and I saw that it is snowing so hard. "This will be a long night again." I mumbled as I walked towards the window.



Third person POV

“Hey hyung. Don’t you have a plan to make up with Key? It’s been a week since you guys had that fight.” Minho asked Jonghyun who was busy cleaning the shop.

“No. I don’t have a time for that. Besides, as what I see, he doesn’t have a plan to make up with me either. So let it be.” The elder answered. It was already closing time and he was in charge to clean up the place.

“But hyung, don’t you think it’s such a waste to just end your relationship just like that?” Minho thought that their relationship for one year is a long time just to end like this.

“I don’t know. Maybe, just like what you said. Key just decided to give up on something that is not worth fighting for.” That phrase didn’t leave Jonghyun’s mind since last week. He doesn’t know but it keeps on running in his mind since Minho said that. “And it’s not my role to chase someone who already left.”

“Aish, you’re really a jerk.” Minho moved to the counter where Jonghyun organizing today’s sale. “But Hyung, I keep on wondering. How did the two of you ended up in that long relationship? Well on Key’s side, I can understand because he loves you. But how about you? I didn’t know that you can stay with someone longer than a week.” Ever since he met Jonghyun, he never saw him in a relationship in a long period of time. One week is the longest. That’s why he was surprised to know that Key stayed with him for a year.

The elder put down his work and he leaned to the wall. “Oh well, let me think.” He put his finger in his chin and took his time to think. “Maybe because of . Our body fits perfectly.” He answered seriously.

Minho threw the crumpled paper at Jonghyun. “Aish Hyung. Stop joking around. I am asking you seriously.”

Jonghyun chuckled and he continued what he was doing. “Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t know how did I stayed with Key for that long time. It’s just.. I don’t know. Maybe I feel comfortable with him.” He continued while typing some documents on the computer.

“Hyung I think you—” Minho couldn’t finish what he was saying when the door opened and was surprised to see Key. “Hey there Key.” He waved with a smile in his face. He smiled because he felt that this two will going to be back together again. Just like in the past.

“Hi Minho.” The boy answered. He took a glimpse at Jonghyun who was quite looking at him. “Minho, c-can I talk to Jonghyun? Alone?”

“Sure, why not.” Minho smiled stupidly. He excused himself and stepped out of the shop.

Key took his deepest breath before walking towards the elder. When he was just about five steps away, his heart was beating so fast that it started to hurt his chest. He clenched his fist, he must do it today or else, he will not have the courage to do it next time.

He opened his bag to get the thing he wanted to give to Jonghyun. When he looked up towards the other, he saw him looking at him thoroughly. “Here.” He passed it to him. “I don’t think that it is necessary for me to have that. I already took all my things in the apartment. All that was left there, it’s either you keep it or throw it out. I don’t need them anymore.” He said that without any pause.

“This is the Key of our apartment.” Jonghyun said while staring at the key in his palm.

“Yup.”

“Are you sure with this?” The elder raised his head to look at the other. Key didn’t give him a verbal answered and just nodded his head. “Okay then. I got it.” The elder put the key in his pocket.

He gulped the lump in his throat that had been hurting because he was been holding his sob for a long time now. “I have to leave now just before I cry in front of him.” He thought. He turned to Jonghyun and he tried all his best to pull a smile. “Thanks for everything up until now Jong.”

“No, it was me who should have said that. Thank you for staying with me. And tolerating me.”

Key blinked his eyes to stop his tears. “I am happy Jong. Since the time that we spent together. I am happy knowing that I gave all my of me in this relationship even if you just gave not even half of you.” He gulped to wet his throat that was starting to dry up. “I am happy that it is you that I loved.”

“Key—”

“But Jong.” Key cut the other. “Did you even once. Just once. Did you even love me? Did you ever think of spending your life with me? Was I ever loved by you? Even just once?” Key asked continuously. This is the questions that have been in his mind ever since. Questions that he never tried to spell out because he was scared of the other’s answer, answers that might kill him.

Jonghyun was surprised with those questions. Key had never this straight forward before. He never once asked this. And right now, he doesn’t know how to answer it. It never occurred in his mind that this time will come that Key will ask him about his feeling.

Honestly, he, himself are not sure what his real feelings are. Did he love Key? Did he want to spend his life with him? He doesn’t know. He can’t find his answer.

 

Key notice how troubled Jonghyun is. He let his head down and wipe his tears fast before he looked at Jonghyun. “Forget it Jong. You don’t have to answer.” He fixed the strap of his bag in his shoulder. “Well, I think I’ll just see you around.” He didn’t wait for the other to answer, he just stormed out of the shop and drove his car away.



Key POV

I don’t know how I reached Nicole’s house without being in an accident because I was crying while driving. All I can remember is when Nicole opened the door, I cried hard in her arms. She helped me to walk towards the room that I was using in her house and she tried to give me comfort. She even called Jinwoon to help her when I didn’t stop crying.

I don’t know how long I cried until my tears dried up to its self. The three of us are currently in my room, while the two are still comforting me.

“Thank you.” I mumbled and was not even sure if they did hear me.

“Key, it’s nothing. That’s what friends are for.” Nicole answered then he held my hands. “Are you okay now?”

“No.” I answered with a bit smile in my face.

“Nicole, do you have to ask the obvious question.” Jinwoon said then he passed the glass of water to Key. “Here drink this, I’m afraid that you might get dehydrated from all the tears you just cried.”

“Thank you.” I slowly swallowed the water because my throat is aching.

“But Key, are you really sure of what you did?” Nicole slapped her boyfriend’s leg. “What?”

“Do you really have to ask him that?” She glared at her boyfriend.

I chuckled. “It’s okay Cole.” I stand up and have a looked outside the window before I answered Jinwoon question. “No Jinwoon. I am not okay with this. It hurts me so much. This pain is more painful from what I experienced in the past. I sound like a masochist. Eh?” I laughed. Maybe that is the term to describe me. “But I can’t stay with him anymore. I thought that I can handle this until the end, but I didn’t know that the end that I was waiting for had already passed in front of me. I didn’t notice the sign that was given to me. That I should have ended this a long time ago.” The snows are starting to fall again. I wonder how cold it will be tonight.

“Key.” I felt Nicole’s hand on my shoulder.

“I know Nicole that I’m going to regret it sooner. Or should I say, I am regretting it now. But I have to stop. I have to think of myself too. I have to love myself too. And I have to find my happiness as well.” Happiness? The only happiness that I can think right now is Jonghyun. Only him.

Nicole hugged me from the back. Then Jinwoon walked towards me and he put his hands in my head. Slightly ruffling my hair.

“That’s right Key. You have to think of yourself. Don’t worry. You will find your happiness. In the right time.” He said that almost melt my heart. I never knew this attitude of Jinwoon before. But as what expected to my friend.

“Don’t worry Key, everything will going to be okay. We will help you.”

After hearing all that soothing words from my friends, my tears fell again. But this time, not because of Jonghyun. But because of how happy I am to have a friends like them.

I know that forgetting Jonghyun is not easy. I have a long way take and a long time to wait to forget him. But I know I can do it. I can forget him and I can find someone who can love me. Just like what he said. Love me wholeheartedly.



Jonghyun. POV

I opened our apartment and the emptiness and quietness of the room is killing me. I took a deep breath before stepping inside. I saw that the bookshelves are almost empty. Almost the book that was in there are Key’s. I loved reading books but only the one he recommended. I walked towards there and I saw two books that I just recently read. Those are my favorites and his as well. Why does he have to leave it here?

The kitchen is still the same. As well as the bathroom. He didn’t take anything from there. Not even his favorite shampoo and soap. Well he can buy some.

Then I slowly opened the room. The place is different from what it’s like when I left one week ago. The morning that I found out that Key was gone. There is already a bed sheet and a pillow on the bed. There are three boxes that were on the floor. Maybe the things that Key told me that he left.

Before I can throw it out, I decided to look for the things that he left. I opened the first box, it’s just his old shirts and old accessories. I think throwing this out is not a good thing. I’m just going to donate it.

The second box are books. The one that we didn’t like after reading. This can be donated too. Then the last one.

I sighed when I opened it. It was our photo albums. Key loved taking pictures and he never forgot to file all of the pictures in an album. It’s our picture together. I dig the box and I saw one thing that I didn’t expect to find here. I slowly pulled it out the box. Key said that this is his priceless possession.

“So this is your way of forget me Kibummie.” I said while looking at the video camera.



Hello hello..

Thank you very much for your comments in the previous chapter, you don't have any idea how happy am I reading all your reaction..

Please comment and comment and comment so that I know what you feel about this story, if it's worth reading because this is such a sad story..

Thank you again for your supports..

♥♥♥KISS...KISS..KISS♥♥♥

"SHINee's back back back"