Second Chance

Till The End

*KEY POV*



I have already finished my classes but I still don’t want to go home so I decided to spend my time at the university garden. I was currently reading a book when Nicole came and she seated beside me.

“Why are you still here?” She asked me. I don’t even have to ask her if she wanted some of my food because she already helped herself to dig in.

“Nothing. I just want to stay outside. Besides I don’t have anything to do at home.” I answered then I continued reading.

“If you should have accepted my offer to just stay in my house you shouldn’t have to stay alone in your apartment.”

I close my book because it will be hard to concentrate to read while she was beside me. I have been staying at my apartment for almost two months but I still can’t handle the loneliness when I am alone. Staying in one roof just by myself is not helping me to recover from being heart broken. That’s why sometimes I’d rather stay outside and spend my time until night at the library.

My friends have been asking me out but I am not in the mood to go out. That is so tiring and I have to spend some money once I am out. I have to save my money because I’m paying my rent alone not just like when I am still sharing it with Jonghyun.

Jonghyun. I wonder how is he doing. I shook my head to stop thinking of him.

“Hey Key.” Nicole looked at me when she noticed that I am not paying attention to her.

“Hmm?” I turned my head to look at her.

“Are you okay now?” She grabbed my hand after asking.

I am fully aware that she is asking my heart. If I have already recovered. I smile as I answered her. “Yes Nicole. Of course I am Okay. Why are you asking that?”

“Oh well, nothing. I just wanted to make sure.” She grabbed another sushi with her free hand while the other still holding my hand. “Have you thought of looking for a new love?” She asked while looking at the fountain at the center of the garden.

I sighed as I rested my back on the bench. “No. Not yet. I think I can’t do that yet.”

“But when Key? When are you going to start again?”

“I don’t know.” I answered shortly.

That’s true. I still don’t know if I can open my heart again and to find a new love. I don’t know if it is possible for me to love again after that pain I had in my previous love. I don’t know because right now, I still love him.

“Is it because you still love him?” She asked me. I looked at her and I saw her looking back at me. Nicole knows me better than myself. I don’t have to say everything to her from her to know what am I thinking. She took a deep breath before she continued. “I am right. You still love him. But Key, please give yourself a chance to be happy. You deserve it and the only thing that can give you happiness is to find a new love. To find someone who can love you truly. It is not fair that you are here being lonely while Jonghyun is having a good time with his es.”

I smiled as I notice how frustrated she is. Nicole is acting like she is the one who just had a break up. “I know that Nicole, but I don’t think I can open my heart again. Besides, I am happy right now. Besides, I am happy right now even if not in love, at least with my life.” I said then I laughed bitterly.

“If you keep on thinking that, you will never find someone. Key, new love is the only thing that can cure your wounded heart. It will never heal by itself. You have to help it too, that is by falling in love again.”

Fall in love again? Can I really do that? Can I really open my heart to someone while I’m still in love with Jonghyun?

Nicole stood up when she saw her boyfriend approaching us. “Give yourself a second chance again Key. Maybe, Mir might give you the happiness and love that you are looking for? And besides, you already took your first step on moving on by changing your hair color. That might be the start of someting....new?” She said while smiling then she said her goodbye before running towards her boyfriend who just waved at me. I waved back before they left.

They already know Mir’s feeling for me. Mir didn’t hide it to them and he was always open to his feeling. No matter how many times have I rejected him, he still stayed by my side and try to make me smile.

He sometimes eats at my apartment and he accompanies me. They have been teasing us but for me, it was nothing. Mir is such a good friend and I don’t want to waste it just for my personal reason. And besides, I don’t love him more than a friend.

I was about to get up when my phone rings. It was Mir.

“Hello?”

“Hey Key. Wanna grab dinner? I just finish work.” He asked me and I heard Jonghyun’s voice in the background.

At first I hesitated to answer I don’t feel like going out tonight but then I realize that I don’t have food at home so it must be better to accept his offer.

“Sure. I think let’s just wait for each other at the same restaurant.” After he agreed to my suggestion, I get up and swing my bag on my shoulder and run to my car.



After we ate our dinner, Mir suggested that we should grab some alcohol at Minho’s bar since he wanted to treat me because he just had his pay check. I accepted his treat and offer instead of burying myself in my apartment.

“It must be so nice to have your own business like this.” Mir said when we are sitting on the stool in front of the bartender.

“Must be.” I answered shortly. I looked around and I notice some familiar faces. They are most of Minho’s regular customers. When my eyes landed at the door, I feel like my heartbeat suddenly turned rapidly.

Jonghyun.

He was with a girl who was clinging to his arms tightly and she has a big smile in her face as if he just won an award. When Jonghyun notice me looking at them, I suddenly got panicked that’s why immediately averted my eyes.

“So Key, after school, what do you plan to do?” I barely heard Mir’s question.

“Huh? Ahmm..I don’t know, maybe apply in fashion magazine company. Or maybe a fashion designer.” I answered before taking a sip of my beer.

“Wow. That is a great idea. I would love to see your fashion design and I will collect all your magazines if ever. Maybe I can be your –”

“Boyfriend?”

I looked around when I heard the voice of the person who cut Mir. Jonghyun was standing behind us minus the girl he was with a while ago. For a second our eyes met and it was me who looked down first.

“What are you doing here Jonghyun hyung?” Mir asked and for some reason I don’t know why he has to grab my hands which makes me took by surprise.

“I believe that you heard back at the shop while I was on the phone that I am going here.” He answered and I know that he took a short glance in my direction then in my hands that is in Mir’s possession. “So it’s true, you two are now dating.” He said instead of asking.

“Where did you hear that?” I asked without looking at him.

“Rumors.”

I looked up at him and was about to say something when Mir speak before me.

“Yes, we are. We are now dating each other.” He said firmly that made me turn my head to him. “And I don’t want to be rude but you are interrupting our date.”

Jonghyun chuckled. “I see.” He looked at me then he patted my head. “I am happy for you ba—Kibum. You have now found the one who will gonna love you wholeheartedly.” I don’t know if it’s just me, but I can somehow hear a bitterness in his voice. I don’t know how long did he stared at me patted my head when I feel Mir tighten his grip to my hands.

I sighed before I slapped away Jonghyun’s hands. “You’re touching my head too much.” I said while looking at him directly in the eyes.

“Forgive me. It’s just that, old habit is hard to die. Anyway, I hope for your happiness.” He was about to touch my head again but he just clenched his hand when I glare at him.

“Sure you are.” I said before turning around.

“Yes,” He paused a second and I can feel that he’s staring at my back. “I truly am.” He said softly before walking away.

I turned around to watch him go then when I saw that he was no longer in my sight, I stood up and without saying anything I walked towards the door.



“Key! Key wait!” Mir grab my arms when I was about to open my car.

“What?” I asked him but didn’t bother to look around. I am somehow pissed off at what he said to Jonghyun.

“Are you angry?’

“No. No I’m not.” I bit my lips so that I won’t sound angry.

He let go of my arm before turning me around to face him. “Ahmm..I..I am so sorry that I said that to him.” He scratched his head as if he was a kid apologizing to his mother. “It’s just that, I wanted to help you to show him that you have already gotten over with him. That you—”

“Are now happy?” I continued.

“Yes.”

“But I don’t need that lie. I am happy even though, I’ll be honest that I still not over him, I am happy.” I said before putting my head down. “I am trying.” I added.

“I’m so sorry if you found that a bothersome. I just wanted to help you. This is the least I can do since you don’t want to accept my love. At least I can help you to show him that he is not your everything. That you can be okay even if you are not with him. That he’s not the only who can make you happy. That you can move one.” He stopped. He grabbed my face and raise it up to meet my eyes. “That you can love someone besides him.” He smiled bitterly before releasing my face. “But I think I just made a big mistake. Sorry.” After saying that he turned around but before he can walk away, I stopped him.

“Wait.” I waited him to turn around before I continue. “I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t be angry with you. I know that you just wanted to help me. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” He said smiling.

“Thank you by the way.”

“Anytime.”

“So want me to drive you home?”

“If that is you’re not angry anymore. I am scared that instead of driving me home you might just drop me somewhere else.”

I chuckled then I slightly punch him in the stomach. “I am not angry anymore. So there is no need to be scared.”

“Thank you.” He said with a big smile in his face.

I sighed, how can I be pissed with someone who was just helping me. To someone who just wanted me to be happy. To someone who loves me in spite the fact that I still have some feeling for my ex

I smiled back at him. Mir is a nice guy, nice friend. Everyone can love him, can fall for him. He is the price of those princess/prince that need romance and love in their lives. He can make anyone happy because of his attitude, there is nothing you can hate about him.

“Key, new love is the only thing that can cure your wounded heart. It will never heal by itself. You have to help it too, that is by falling in love again.”

Nicole’s word ran into my mind. New love? Should I try it? Should I give myself a second chance to love again? I looked at Mir who was smiling at me.

“Should I give it a try?” I mumbled but I am sure that he heard me.

“Try what?” He asked curiously.

“To..” I looked down and was hesitating to continue what was I’m about to say. “…to love again?” I continue looking at Mir’s eyes.



Sorry for the late update, I just gotten so busy with my life ^___^

Thank you for reading!!!

♥♥♥KISS..KISS..KISS♥♥♥