Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold

Trials of Life

*A couple of months later (somewhere in December, I suppose..)

Sungmin trudged home from school, dragging her pink-bunny-print-gallosh adorned feet and making tracks in the snow. She absent-mindedly thought to herself, "I hope the bunnies are in their burrows now. I don't want them to freeze and die.." She remembered learning about hibernation in school, but couldn't quite recall whether bunnies slept through the winter. Oh well, she shrugged. "The snow looks so pretty. I wanna build a snowman later. Maybe Oppa and Wookie will help me. Do we have any old mittens, Umma will kill me if I use hers again. Maybe I'll use Kyuhyunnie's, he doesn't really go outside anyway-" her train of thought broke as behind her, a brittle twig snapped underneath a careless foot. She tensed slightly at first, and listened. After a half a second, her eyes lit up in recognition. She knew that footstep rhythm like her own. "Speak of the devil.. what does that mean anyway, my parents say it sometimes.. I guess Kyu is kinda like a devil.."

*flashback

"Min!" Sungmin heard her name being called, and whirled around, "Yes, what is it Kyu-"

The fact that Kyuhyun's fist was flying straight towards her face did not register in her brain fast enough, and soon blinding pain spread through, starting in her left eye. She staggered back, her right hand searching for something to hold onto, while the other cradled her face. "OW! Cho Kyuhyun, what was that-"

The fact that Ryeowook's body, altough little, still a body, came flying towards her didn't register in her brain at all. She had been facing away when Ryeowook's back met hers at full force, sending them both to the ground. And Kyuhyun stood stock-still, mouth wide open, not believing his eyes. Zhou Mi immediately lept off her swing, and came running to Sungmin  and Ryeowook, careful to avoid her object of affection.

*present

She grinned evilly to herself- something she learned from her mother and bestest friend- and waited for the right moment. She glanced back to make sure he wasn't wearing his glasses; he probably wasn't because he usually left them in his cubby at school.

Indeed he wasn't.

After a few seconds, she assumed that Kyuhyun was indeed in physical contact range with her (one can never truly tell, because sometimes that boy made Ddangkkoma seem like a cheetah) and crouched slightly, muscles coiling in anticipation.

"Min, what are you doing, it looks like you're gonna take a-"

"HIYAA!"

Had his brain been working, there would've been a slight chance that he could've ducked. Especially with his reflexes, trained not from dodging balls in P.E. class, but vigorously pressing keys on a computer while blowing up aliens and whatnot. But, it wasn't. So he stood there like a deer in headlights until a snow-dusted pink-bunny-print-gallosh adorned foot flew towards his face, hitting its target with perfect aim. All he could see was white for a few seconds, then he opened his eyes and peered up at the sky, his head reeling and eye throbbing. He realized he was laying on his back in the snow when a familiar face came into view, and long, straight black tresses tickled his cheek. He glared with his one good eye, the other already swelling, while Sungmin grinned her toothiest grin down at him, one with her two front teeth missing.

"That was a good roundhouse kick, eh? It's better than Sensei's. Probably cause Daddy helped me. He's gonna teach me nunchucks too, but I have to wait a couple of years first."

Kyuhyun continued to glare, unamused, as he watched Sungmin skip off in the direction of his house. "No doubt she's gonna build a snowman with Wook and Yesung-hyung.."

"Aren't you at least gonna say sorry to me? I can't get back at you for getting back at me."

Sungmin halted, turned around, and came back to his still-in-the-snow body.

"Miiiaaaannhaaeeee, Kyuhyunnie."

Kyuhyun thought for a moment. "That's not good enough."

Sungmin pouted and rolled her eyes. "Then what is? What do you want, a kiss?" she snorted.

"EWWW NO, GIRLS HAVE COOTIES!!!"

Too late for that. Sungmin smirked and puckered her lips as much as possible, and leaned down. Kyuhyun squirmed, even though Sungmin and Ryeowook had kissed him plenty of times. Especially when they made him mad, because he was a er for aegyo. Finally, her wet, saliva-covered lips planted a soft, sloppy kiss on his now black eye. Kyuhyun pretended to grimace and act like he just caught a fatal disease, and Sungmin rolled her eyes. She left Kyuhyun in the snow, and once again began skipping back to his house to make snowmen and possibly have hot chocolate. Kyuhyun struggled to his feet, and stumbled after her. "Wait, Minnie! Wait for me! I'm crippled, I can only see half as good!" Sungmin sighed in exasperation. "Hurry it up then, will you? It's cold out here!" Kyuhyun grinned as he slung an arm around her shoulders, letting her support him, even though he didn't really need it. She pretended to shrug it off at first, but still supported him.

"Aish, you're like my weakling in rusty armour."

He smirked. "You can be my princess in a sparkly tiara."

"And a pretty pink princess dress?"

"And a pretty pink princess dress."