Damned Card

Autumn Cry

What should I use to fill up the elongating distance between us?

 

As much as Victoria had expected, Jinri came home more late than she had promised to her. It's been around 12 p.m and she doesn't even send her any message, that annoys Victoria the most!

Victoria doesn't want to send her a warning message though, and she could care less about her too, but she feels a rather worried about Jinri. The young woman doesn't know the reason too, but Jinri has always been a person that she had always put an eye on. Finally, just when she is going to text her a message, she can hear a car's engine roaring outside.

That must be her.

Victoria immediately wakes up from her bed, without even give a peek from her curtain, she walks faster than the maids and reaches the main door first. She unpatiently opens it, and she freezes after see who's coming.

"D-Director Choi..." She says, as she sees Jinri's mother stares into her soul. Victoria heartfully bows and Jinri's mother glances at her in disrespectful way. "Why are you still staying up at this late?" She then says to the young woman, probably not liking it, Victoria then looks up and clears her own throat. "I'm waiting for Jinri." She then says, as she rubs the back of her head.

Suddenly, Mrs. Choi face turns red, she steps forward and raises on of her arm, and then she slaps Victoria's cheek until her head turns into the left side. It was a hard slap, as a red bruise comes into her bony cheek.

"Have you lost your mind? My only precious daughter, Jinri! I trusted her to you and you shamelessly left her?!" There is a pure furiosity inside of the madam's voice, it's sharply stabs on Victoria's heart. Her previous sentences are hurting her, both mentally and physically. She looks down to the floor, not daring to stare at the older's face.

"Say, Victoria! Is he going out with that trash man named Kyungsoo again?!" Mrs. Choi says again in her highest tone. "Yes, director." Victoria says quickly, though her cheek is burning, and her heart is hurting. Mrs. Choi sighs in exasperated, she then choose to walks past Victoria, not wanting to turtoring her more.

Victoria then follows her and quickly serve her an ice tea as the older woman sits on the cushion, when the older is about to put out her cellphone from her Chanel bag, the whole house can hear soft knocks at the door. Victoria dashes first to the door and open it, as the door slowly revealing Jinri's figure.

Jinri somehow, she looks as happy as a puppy. Her cold mask has gone somewhere, she steps inside her house, uncaring about Victoria that opened the door for her. Her eyes scanning the home and almost jump out from it's place when she sees her mother casually sips from her ice tea.

"M-Mother? You're still awake?" She says in panic, though her mother gives her a warm look, she knows the best who her mother really is! She will fake a smile whenever she is angry, and now she is smilling to her ears. That thrills Jinri the most!

"You're home honey? This is already late, you know?" Mrs. Choi then says in her softest tone, that makes even Victoria trembles in fear. "Come and have a seat, I want to talk with you. Victoria, you may leave now." She then says, and Victoria excuses herself, though she is not realy leave, she hides behind the nearest wall, so she could hear their conversation.

"Is it a little bit too much to hanging out until this late?" Mrs. Choi begins to say, and Jinri, who is sitting in front of her can only looks down to the floor. Mrs. Choi voice was so intimidating and scary yet sweet at the same time.

She just looks so similiar with the other noblesse that Jinri ever met, cold and stubborn, never wanted to look down even once. "We just went to the safe place, do not overreacted it, mother." Jinri then says, though her mother's eye pierce her nerves.

"You're weird, Jinri! You went out with a random man and you didn't even want me to overreact it? How about I tell your father about it?" Mrs. Choi says, brought her father's name, and Jinri's face turns into blue.

"No, mother! Don't let father knowing this!" She pleads as her face turns into the anxious one, behind the wall, Victoria smirks triumphantly, and her mother sighs at that.

"I will not tell him, but you have to fulfill my wish" Mrs. Choi suddenly says, and Jinri frowns a little hears that.

"What do you want from me?" Jinri says in suspicious, all that her mother was demand to her is all what she doesn't like. Mrs. Choi looks up to her, staring into her dark eyes. "You will love it probably." Mrs. Choi says, as she pulls out her credit card from her pocket, Jinri widens her eyes when the older gives it to her.

Her mother never took out her precious credit card and gave it to her, not even once!

"I don't understand." Jinri says, and she decides to refuse it. "Just take it, Jinri!" Mrs. Choi rises on her feet and put the credit card on her lap as she sits next to her confused daughter. She got a bad feeling about it.

"You can go shopping with my credit card." Mrs. Choi says, with a smile forms on her wrinkled face, Jinri can't look at her face, her smilling face isn't sincere enough. "Buy your favorite dresses and accessories with it, you got my permission." She then adds, and Jinri opens to throw a question, but Mrs. Choi cut it first.

"The bonus is Chanyeol will accompany you too." Mrs. Choi completing her words or maybe her plan, and she rises on her feet, still facing at now shocked Jinri.

"What?!" Jinri souths in disbelief, she automatically stands and towering in front of Mrs. Choi.

"No. Definitely no! Just take it back, I will not do that." Jinri says, as she gives back the credit card to Mrs. Choi's palm. There is no way she will go out and shopping with him. That sounds so weird! She is so pissed of it.

"Jinri, since when you became this rebel?" Just when Jinri finally looks up, she meets with Mrs. Choi cold face, and it stings her at the moment. "You've got all that you wanted from me, why won't you fulfill this little wish of mine?" The older adds her cold words, and Jinri groans inwardly.

When Mrs. Choi can't get rid over her own daughter, she will talk about Jinri's forever debt to her, and Jinri swears by God's name, that she will pay all of that debt someday. Jinri looks up to her mother, her lips curved, she is about to say a word, but the word is fading on . She can't deny her mother.

"Wow, she accepted it?" Victoria whispers in surprise to herself after she sees Jinri ascending the stairs with a golden colored card on her left palm. Yes, she accepts her mother's wish at last. Like she usually did.

*

I wasn't born to please anyone, I was born to enjoy the world.

Jinri stares blankly at the credit card on her palm now. She is so tired, she just want to throw it out from her window now. At the very end she accepted it, she is also unsure about her decision. The fact that she will go out to shopping tomorrow with her mother credit card sounds extremely perfect, though she is complaining about a little thing.

It sounds perfect if only there is no Chanyeol would come with her too...

"Piece of trash." She curses, and she lands her tired body to her soft bed. She buries her face on the white sheets, decides to close her eyes and reminiscing Kyungsoo and their date. She tries for a minute but she can't, because the memories of Park Chanyeol hit her mind again, her heart beats fast just like the first time she met him, she tightening her grips on her sheets as she pondering about him more.

His eyes are still the same, warm and welcoming, his lips are plump and always curved into a sincere smile. His hair is naturally curled, as soft as a silk. His skin is so white, with the same color as the hot milk.

Park Chanyeol is still as lovely as he used to.

Jinri wakes from her previous position and she slams her head hard. "Bring back your mind Choi Jinri!" She says and her own cheeks turn into a reddish color. She turns her head into a big mirror inside of her room, and opens widely when she sees her own blushing reflection in front of the mirror. 

"W-What was that? Who is she? Am I blushing? S-Silly! It must be Kai's fault! He definitely put something wrong on my foods!" She stutters as she points her finger to the innocent mirror, also blaming the innocent Kai.

"I'm not getting excited about tomorrow! Not even a little!" She reaches her blanket and covers her body fully with it, letting the warm embrace her body. Though it is hard, she manages to forgets about Chanyeol and went to her dreamland.

 

It was only my wildest dream. I won't fall into a man that easily. And that kind of man? You probably needs some medicine, Jinri.

 

 

----

 

Lol that was short >.<

Anyways today is my birthday and we will probably went somewhere tonight. I've treated my friend yesterday at pizza restaurant and I swear I won't treat them again ever (lol they eat like pigs, I'm so pissed off, they left me with only a slice of cheese pizza~)

Maybe I will update the next chapter tomorrow, as soon as the idea comes up, hehe ^^

Stay healthy guys, annyeong!