The Deceiver

Autumn Cry

The car speeding away from the parking place, going back to the Choi's residence. Chanyeol enjoys listening to the old hip-hop music the radio plays while Jinri looks so blank on her seat. She actually try to mediate, she tries so hard to not overthink about the previous event, when the stupid Chanyeol hold her up in front of a crowd and carrying her like a sack of a potatoes.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drop you to the nearest hospital?" He says breaking the silence, Jinri turns her head around just to meet with a pair of round and dark eyes which belong to him. Suddenly, a weird heat comes up to her cheeks, making her flustered a bit. "No, don't mind me." She quickly replies and break the eye contact immediately. Chanyeol raises an eyebrow in confusion but then he focuses back to the road.

They fall in silence once again, no words are spoken, until suddenly Chanyeol hears her soft snore.

"It must be an exhausting day." He sighs as he stares at her sleeping figure for a while. He decides to puts a blanket and cover her with it, but when he is about to stops his car on the sidewalk, his phone vibrates. It's from Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol stares at his phone before he picks it up.

"What's now?" He says, almost in an unpleasant tone, and Baekhyun on the other side, shoos him with a gentle voice. "Lower your voice a bit. Do you want to waking her up?" Chanyeol immediately places one of his palms to his lips, and he stares at Jinri.

She is still sleeping on her seat.

He sighs in relieved. "How could you know that she is sleeping? You're starting to creep the hell out of me." Chanyeol says again, though he follows his advice and starting to lower his voice. Baekhyun chuckles softly as a reply. "I just want to ask you, how's the date?" He says, with his playful voice, and Chanyeol could swear that Byun Baekhyun is probably smirking on the other side of the phone right now.

"It's not like what you've thought." Chanyeol answers half-heartedly. "Well, you're really a good deceiver, Dobi. Cause you smiled a lot back then." He exclaims, and Chanyeol furrows in confusion. "Did he stalk us?"

"Deceiver? No, I'm not." He quickly replies.

"Is that a lie?" Baekhyun asks, almost in a teaseful voice.

Chanyeol is about to answer him, but weirdly his brain and his heart don't match perfectly. His brain nearly commands his mouth to answer 'No' but his heart has another opposite answer with his heart, his heart filled by 'Yes'. It doesn't want to help him anymore.

Silence happens between them, it's seems like Baekhyun lets him fall in his own thoughts. So he hungs up the phone, and Chanyeol still grabbing his phone with one of his palm. "Am I a deciever?" He asks himself, he suddenly feels so dirty.

Yeah, he can perfectly pretend a smile in front of Jinri and everyone. But not in front of Baekhyun. The man who recognizes his dark side. Chanyeol has known his ability since he was so young. Pretending a smile, acting tough and reliable to everyone. Those are his ability.

Deceiving everyone with his masked face is an easy matter for him. He knows perfectly that he would never get anyone's attention by just being himself. No one ever cares about him, no one ever listens to his heart. No one ever listens to his truth.

No one except her.

Chanyeol was quite confused when he first met her, because they have so much things in common. The difference between them is the fact that she didn't deceive. She didn't put on a mask, she never dramatized her life. She was a nice person, but no matter how kind she was, she has always received bitter pills. That's why Chanyeol never wanted to be a nice person. But still, he adores her.

She was a pure angel back then, and she captivated him, he fell in love with her.

Being at her side, makes him forget about his mask. He showed his demons to her, and weirdly, she accepted him. She patted his back and comfort him with a lullaby everytime he got down. She has always welcome him with a warm smile, no matter how hard the situation was.

Sadly, he can't just stay at her side now. It was a good memory, but now, he is standing in the present. The present without his angel, a messed one, and the future might become even worser if he doesn't act now. Chanyeol stares at Jinri, his dark eyes filled with sorrow. Nostlagic moments flash before his eyes, but it's enough, he doesn't scared of anything right now.

The red headed woman is now sleeping peacefully. She looks so fragile, it seems like any demons could devour her angelic figure easily.

The car stops on the sidewalk, though they haven't arrived. Jinri is still sleeping, a small smile formed on his rosy lips, is she having a good dream? Chanyeol stares coldly to her, he reaches out his hand, until his right palm touches her soft cheek. Slowly caressing it, but his eyes are so cold. He realized it from long ago, there's no path to going back.

Once you stepped in, you can't never yearn for the exit. He hopes that she knew it already, so it will be easier to him to run his plan.

Carrying the name of the Parks, Chanyeol will always do his plan with all of his might. No matter what section is. Politic? Economy? Or even... Love itself? He will win this game, though he never lose before.

"I hope you will forgive me, now and then." He whispers into the night. Until the fated time comes, he will surely put an end to this story.

 

*

 

I'm sorry, it's such a short update. But please enjoy it!

It's glad to be back here again, sorry for the wait T_T

And I looked through the previous chapters and I realized how bad my grammar really is! T________T I should learn more, haha.

See you on next update, thanks for those who subscribed and commented @______@