World

Autumn Cry

Is this love?
The inside of my head is spinning
just like a merry-go-round.

-Kagamine Len

"Between BBQ and Chinese, which one is better?" Jinri is pondering, right in the middle of the crowded people. They decided to search the restaurant around the famous shopping center at Seoul, but it's extremely crowded like hell right now, and Kyungsoo... He is being unpatient beside her. "Have you choose yet?" He then says, almost sounds like a kids' sulk. Jinri shakes her head immediately, and she pinches her chin with her fingers.

"Hey, Kyungsoo. I think we should thinking about the Japanese one too." She suddenly adds as she turns her head into him with a small innocent smile.

Enough. Kyungsoo's patience has gone somewhere. Her list just grew longer, and the hesitation of choosing became bigger. Jinri once again turns her head into him when he grabs her wrist, and suddenly pulls her away from the crowded area.

"Hey, Kyungsoo?" She says to his back with a small frown on her forehead. Kyungsoo doesn't reply her and he keeps pull her away and away, walk further and further, until she can't see the famous shopping center. Jinri follows him like a lost child, though she has no idea where he is going to, she just stares to his back blankly.

Suddenly, the black haired man stops and it makes the woman's head bump into the back of his neck. "Ouch!" She yells in pain, and Kyungsoo finally turns his head into her.

"A, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He tries so hard not to laugh because she's puffing her cheeks right now, he wants to pinch both of her cheeks, but she looks away immediately. She is so disappointed after seeing her surroundings right now. Kyungsoo has wasted ten minutes of walking just to lead her into this dark and empty alleyway?

"Pft, just like I hoped from Do Kyungsoo." She sneers to him and he slightly chuckles because of that, makes Jinri frown even more. "You already forget it, don't you?" He teases her, and she stares at him in confusion. Forget what? Why is Kyungsoo being so random tonight?

He learns her face and then sighs, so she is already forget it. He is a little bit disappointed though he could understand it. She went aboard for a couple of years and just came back to Seoul last winter, she probably forgot some roads and alleyways or even places they used to visit back then.

"Do you remember World?" He asks her once again, testing her memory.

Jinri flinches and then nods. She immediately turns her head to right and left, searching for something, until her eyes meet with a cafe at the edge of the alleyway.

"Oh my God, it's still opened?" She mouths in disbelief, and Kyungsoo stares at her. "Of course it is. You are rude, Jinri." He teases her, and Jinri looks at him resentfully.

"Oh, c'mon Kyungsoo. Just say that we're going to World instead of keeping your mouth shuts silent like before, I thought you were going to me." She says innocently, and Kyungsoo's face reddened a bit.

"W-what did you say? You little punk." He says and looks away immediately, avoid the eye contact with her.

Jinri laughs because she got Kyungsoo, he tries to covers his cheeks with both of his palms. "Whoa, my Kyungsoo is actually a shy boy, isn't he?" She is going to , and he narrows his eyes in purpose to hide his clumsiness.

"I will leave you if you kept talking like that." He then says as he walks away from her.

Jinri is laughing behind his back and he pouts secretly. 

"Hey, don't being that way." She giggles as she reaches him and clutching her palm into his palm. They walk side by side toward the World.

World is actually a small cafe they used to visit when they both were students. It's quite far from their school and also home, but it's always been their favorite. They visited it frequently, and usually they used the after school time or holidays to visit it.

And finally, their free time got fewer, and the peak is when Jinri went aboard to U.S, to completing her study while Kyungsoo worked hard to fund his university's fee.

They haven't visit the World for about six years.

"I missed those butlers." She suddenly says once they're getting closer to the World, it successfully makes Kyungsoo pouts somehow. The World has two insanely handsome butlers, they're twins and they're around the same age with Kyungsoo and Jinri.

Finally they arrived in front of the cafe. It is so dark and lack of lights, there is a metal board hung in the cafe white wall with a 'World' word written on it with black color.

Just like before, the cafe doesn't look too attractive.

Only a simple white color painted on it's wall, two huge windows with grey curtains plus a grey metal door. There is not even a single warm welcome doormat on it's threshold, or a little sign to tell everyone that they're already opened or closed.

 

For some people, it might look like an abandoned cafe, and that might be the main reason that the World is so empty and rarely visited by the people, but for Kyungsoo and Jinri, it's the most perfect place to spend their precious time.

Kyungsoo is the first that opened the cafe metal door, and it creaks a bit after he pushed it.

Darkness hovers the whole cafe, and the sound of piano playing the Space Dementia song by Muse is echoing through the silent cafe.

Jinri's eyes widen twice it's size, the song's intro was played amazingly expert, she once told by her friend about how hard she had tried to mastering that song's intro, and now in front of her eyes, she sees a young man playing that song with an ease.

That man plays the piano with an expression that Jinri could never explain. He looks so lonely yet gorgeous, also a small smirk forms on his plump lips. The cafe has a little performing stage inside, with an old grand piano placed on top of the stage.

Her eyes widen even more when the shiluette of that young man got clearer inside her eyes. He is one of the butlers. The one with the darkest skin.

"Long time not seen a lover guest came by." Suddenly, a husky voice of a man comes from the mini bar inside the cafe, Jinri and Kyungsoo turn their head just to see another young man with a blonde hair wipes the martini glass with a white duster, and the man who plays the piano stops at that moment. Silent once again crept inside the cafe.

"A guest at this time?" With an annoyance, the pianist rises on his feet and slowly walks down to the mini bar, he looks up and his dark eyes meet with Jinri's eyes. She can see the change of his facial expression when their stares collide.

"J-Jinri nuna?" He says in shock and his words got much the blonde's attention as he stops cleaning the glass and also looks up to the guest properly.

"Long time no see, you brats." Jinri says with a grimace as she and Kyungsoo walk closer still with their clutched-palms. The blonde slowly smiles and he puts the last glass while the pianist is getting excited.

"Hey, Kyungsoo-hyung you are there too! I almost can't see you!" The pianist says with a smirk, his eyes form his usual eye smile and his words successfully stab Kyungsoo's heart. "I'm getting taller, Kai." Kyungsoo then says, with an annoyance, makes the blonde smiles behind Kai's back.

"Stop teasing him about his height, at least he's taller than me." Jinri hisses and she elbowing Kai's chest hard and makes that dark haired man yells in pain. "Nuna has always been so rude!" Kai murmurs with his grumpy voice, and then he turns around and sees Sehun stands behind his back. He pulls Sehun whose hiding behind his back forward, to face Jinri.

"Don't be shy! I knew you liked Jinri nuna all the time." Kai then says and Sehun stares at Jinri awkwardly while cursing Kai's name inside of his heart. He freezes when he sees Kyungsoo stares at him coolly, but suddenly, Jinri softly pats his head.

"You're growing so much, Sehun-a! Look, the idiot behind you is shorter than you now." Jinri then says as she ruffles his blonde hair, and throw him a sincere smile. Sehun, smiles shyly as he tries so hard to put a smile on his face.

"It's been a while. Thank you for dropping by." Sehun states nervously, Jinri can hear his usual lisp inside his words, and he looks so handsome!

Both of them has turned into young adults. Kai used to be the noisy one while Sehun is the coldest one. Kai never leaves his usual dark hair while Sehun dyed his hair with fresh blonde color that matches him well. They're twins, the genetical ones. They're younger than Kyungsoo and Jinri, but has already opened this cafe since they were used the high school uniform.

Sehun turns his head into Kai and his smiling face turns into the threatening one. Makes Kai flinches with fears.

"Prepare something for nuna and Kyungsoo hyung now." Sehun then says, and Kai nods in agreement.

*

"So you went aboard for your study? That's why we haven't seen your face for a while!" Kai says to Jinri, as he places the dishes while Sehun is still preparing the beverages for them.

"That's right, I didn't expect that the two of you is still managing this cafe." Jinri says with an innocent face, though her words straighlty stab into the twins' heart.

"That's quite rude, nuna." Sehun then says as he puts the mild beverages for both of them, since Kyungsoo is driving he wouldn't serve him whiskeys. "Anyways, thank you! This place is forever our favorite, right Kyungsoo?" Jinri says with a wide smile towards Kyungsoo, he can't help but smiles too.

Kai is naturally a captious boy, when he is going to throw them another conversation, Sehun slowly pulls him away from the couple. Kai squints his eyes to him in annoyance. "What, Sehun?"

Sehun stares at his twins in disbelief. Was Kai always been this insesitive? Or he is trying to look like an innocent here?

"Stupid, you know about how their relationship, right? It's hard to find time to talk to each other like now, so let them enjoying their time for now. Help me find the song to bring the mood instead being the three wheels there! Okay, my lovely twins?" Sehun says wisely as he pulls him back to the corner of the bar. Kai then agrees and follows his twins' steps.

While Kyungsoo and Jinri laughing and talking to each other behind them, enjoying the precious time that can't even be bought by money.

*

The white pale moon is getting higher, as the sign of the nighttime. Everyone should have enjoy their own beds right now, burying the tired body or might be tired soul to the warmest place and let the dream sway you into the finest or might be the worst pleasure of your subconscious.

For some people, it might be different. Some people didn't take a rest at night. They wandering through the world instead, under the million of stars and an old pale moon. Just like what Baekhyun doing now.

He is driving his forever favorite black Honda Civic, cutting across the almost empty road. For some reasons, he loves being inside the adrenaline. The moments when he could feel his heart pumping more fresh blood inside his hot veins, and making his ears deaf by the sound of his own heartbeats. Maybe that's why he's driving in almost 180 speed right now. To enjoying the adrenaline clashing onto his body.

He has break the rule by driving above the average speed, and a police car already trails him behind.

He smiles tauntingly and instead of surrendering, he steps on the pedal more, making the speedometer numbers get higher or wilder, and he dashes away from the police. Escaping from them and make his way to his destination; Chanyeol's house.

Somehow, he finally arrived at Chanyeol's house safely. He doesn't really care if he got into an accident, though. Dead is not sounds too bad for him, because he has already killed someone directly with his own hands...

Baekhyun looks up, as he shoving his palms into his pocket, he then walks casually to Chanyeol's house. The gate is opened by Chanyeol's housekeeper and he is walking towards the main door of his bestfriend's house right now. He slowly opens the wooden main door and steps inside.

Chanyeol probably lives alone if there are no housekeepers and maids along with him, he will probably live alone in this big house that made by his own sweats.

"Where is he?" Baekhyun asks one of a young maid with a long braided black hair. The maid clears before replying his question. "My Master is upstairs now, inside his private library." She then says, and Baekhyun nods a little as he walks ascending the marble stairs, heading to his place. He then knocks at the library's door when he arrived, and after Chanyeol allows him, he opens the door and steps in as he shut it softly.

Chanyeol sits behind his office-desk with a novel written by Edgar Allan Poe, his favorite American novelist in front of him.

"How was your day, Dobi?"

The brunet says as an opening, but Chanyeol doesn't look too interested toward it. "What did you get?" A cold question came from the black haired one, as he learns the brunet's face. Baekhyun slightly smiles, not expecting that Chanyeol is that curious about her. "I got a thing that would make you angry of course." Baekhyun then says, as he walks toward one of a big bookcase and takes out a book from it. His favorite book; The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

"You're so random, lastly you bought a physiological novel, and now crime?" Chanyeol states coldly, as he starts to read again the novel in front of him now. They actually love to read novels and literatures on their spare time, mostly about crime and they usually didn't care about the romance that is flowing in each stories.

"Can you guess what I truly loved from the crime novel?" Baekhyun suddenly asks, and Chanyeol lifts his head up just to see his personal assistant is now leans against the bookcase as he reads the novel that he just take from the bookcase.

"About how the detective solved the mystery, maybe." Chanyeol then answers, not leaving his eyes from Baekhyun's figure. "I usually called the mystery as riddle instead, plus you're wrong about it. I can predict and also solve the riddle even before I finished reading the book." Baekhyun says as he smiles a bit, and Chanyeol frowns a little as he rest his head onto his palm.

"Then what kind of thing that you truly loved from the crime novel?" Chanyeol straightly asks, and Baekhyun's lips curved into a smile, before he softly chuckles.

"I have always loved the murderer's purpose for murdering! Love? Money? Life? Whatever the reason is, they killed to survive. I just love how the murderer is killing someone in order to continue the bitter life, and at the very last, the murderer would only be dumped into a jail by the responsible of killing someone...," Baekhyun sighs before completing his words, "that's why I hated law."

The black haired man intensely stares at the brunet, he sighs and closed the novel in front of him.

"You should have not been this cold if you read Dickens when you were a kid." Chanyeol muses, and Baekhyun laughs sheepishly.

"A, his book was too expensive, Chanyeol! I'm grateful I'm still survived by only eating once per day when I was a little boy." Baekhyun then says, remembering how hard his past really is, that's why he is kinda different from any other people.

He doesn't hope for the time machine to brought him back to the past; he doesn't want to once again taste the bitterness of his own past.

Chanyeol looks away for a moment, letting Baekhyun being deep in thoughts personally, and then the brunet finally looks up and click his tongue, makes Chanyeol turns his head once again into him.

"So you really got something, didn't you?" The black haired man with his perfect figure stares into the brunet's soul, and Baekhyun nods a little. He slowly turns his head into Chanyeol, with a small smirk forms on his tempting lips.

"Your dear secretly has a boyfriend, can you believe it?" His words sound more like a pity, and Chanyeol can feel the aches inside his heart whenever Baekhyun says her name. Baekhyun was observing about her for a bit, and now he is talking about her in front of Chanyeol. Everything about her is truthfully heartbreaking.

"She got so much pain on her tiny shoulder, she should have not put too much secrets to anyone, she should've tasted her own parents love too just like what others ever tasted, right?" Baekhyun says, more like an affection to Chanyeol's cold mind. Chanyeol nods a little, he can't take it anymore.

Chanyeol loves her terribly, he loves her since forever. It hurts whenever he thinks that she is being tormented by her own parents, he feels like dying! He wants to hold her and kiss her forehead, and swears to her that he would not leave her ever alone.

"I'm sorry for giving you the headache, Chanyeol. But, you do want to protect her don't you? I knew it." Baekhyun finally says, as he walks towards Chanyeol and looks down to him. Chanyeol burying his face onto his palms, and then he looks up to Baekhyun. Their stares collide, like they are understanding each other's mind.

"Let me protect her for once." Chanyeol says, with a fragile voice, and Baekhyun slightly smiles hearing that. "Yea, let's protect her together, Chanyeol." He then says, patting his bestfriend's shoulder.

"Will you assist me to do so?" The black haired then says, like a lost boy, and Baekhyun stares at him sincerely.

"Yes, I would. Let's help her avenge her revenge to her parents and to all people that went against her." The brunet maliciously whispers, and then he turns his head to a huge window inside the library, he stares blankly to the moon that sheepishly watching them behind the thick cumulus clouds.

Only the pale moon understood what they're talking about.

 

 

----

 

Hello, how are you? ^^

I have a class tomorrow so I'd better sleep right now (since I have three hours for history and the history teacher is more like a grim reaper for me ;A;)

After this one I should write about chanlli more before it's getting lame ;A; Hope you guys will bear with me and put more patience to this story. ;A;

Stay healthy and annyeong!