Noblesse

Autumn Cry

Even if this entire world rejects you, you can live on in my little world. I want you to live on.

~Hatsune Miku

 

They arrived, to the Park company building. There is nothing Jinri should complain about it, the Park company is a very worthy building for the architecture's life. And everyone would nagging to her if she tells them her distress, saying that she is nothing but an ungrateful girl, without knowing her feelings. Her bleeding heart.

The other employees seems like they already know who are Jinri and Victoria, so they keep bowing to them and greet them with their sugar-coated mouth. Throwing them praises and question, but Jinri, could care less.

She keeps walking behind Victoria, as the caramel head leads her to the place that God-only-knows where. Suddenly, the older ones stops, and so does Jinri. She looks up to know the reason why did Victoria stopped, and she meets with a skinny man with brunet hair.

"You two must be Miss Choi Jinri and Miss Victoria Song. Glad to meet you." He greets them, with the cute voice he is, he slightly bows to the young women in a very refreshing manner. Just who is he? A puppy?

"Glad to meet you too." Victoria says and slightly bows back, Baekhyun turns his head to the frozen Jinri. He smiles and his eyes curve into a moon-shaped like.

"Wow, eyesmile. Good stuff, puppy." Jinri says inside her heart. The puppy looks so nice in the grey suit, he looks so young, like a prince charming from the high school life. "Who are you?" She finally mouths up, and Baekhyun hits his head slowly with one of his palm.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I'm Byun Baekhyun, director Park's personal assistant." He announces himself, and he rubs the back of his head with cute smile. Why does he always aegyoing?

"My company has prepared the best place for you Miss Choi as you soon will be Park director's fiancée." He then says, unintentionally-on-purpose, and as much as he expected, Jinri's face turns paler. "Led us there then, Mr. Byun." Victoria says, and Baekhyun nods in agreement. "This way please."

He leads them to their new office, and after passing many hallways, Baekhyun stops.

"Here is your office, won't you take a look with us?" He asks the hazel that already looks like a pale zombie, and Jinri, shakes her head as the answer.

"You two may leave, I want to be alone for a moment." She suddenly says, and Victoria mouths in disbelief.

"What? You can't do that, Miss..."

"Just go while I'm not being too rude..." She cuts Victoria's words, and grabs the door's hang, opens it and slams it shut.

It happened so fast, like a blink of an eye. The two remain outside in silent.

"You freak!" Victoria hisses to the metal door, never mind the consequences if Jinri hears the curse.

"Ah, what should we do now? She won't listen to anyone..." She nagging by herself, and Baekhyun simply muses hears that. "C'mon, don't be that way, Victoria-shii. You will grew some wrinkles if you're kept being this way." He muses her, and Victoria glances at him with an exasperated look.

"So you think you have the better thoughts, huh?" She then says, and sighs a bit, but Baekhyun, he simply smiles and then adds his words.

"I will tell it to Chanyeol, and he will put an end to it."

And before Victoria could even reply it, Baekhyun bows to her and vanished away from her view.

 

 

*

 

 

Her new office is so beauty, with the elegance of the white paint and red wallpaper on the wall. Jinri would adore it heartfully, but no, not under this circumstances.

She is wasting her time by trying to call Kyungsoo, but for some reason, Kyungsoo doesn't pick it. Jinri sighs in confusion, where is Kyungsoo? She is just about to fall from the cliff now and she needs him badly.

The hazel becomes desperate, she has been alone in her new office for an hour, though no one really cares about her and her distress, she does care about her life. She doesn't want to fall from the cliff.

Not this soon.

"Crap!"

Jinri curses and slams her iPhone to the cold wall, it crushes immediately, and that broken device silently watches her nagging by herself. She doesn't have any plans now, everyting in her mind is a mess, and truth to be told, the heiress is as scared as a little kitten right now.

She is harmless, but her agony won't take her off guard.

Jinri prefers to sits on the red couch instead of the black leathered chair behind the work desk, she is trying to shoo the headache away, but unconsciously, her mind wanders around.

Fluttering to the past, when she was a young girl. Turning back the record, to the event where she met him.

It is a story when she was seven. Little Jinri was so pretty, with her used to be long black hair. Her skin is so pale, like the colour of a sheet, or even a snow. She was in a party, standing blankly as she kept watching the elders talking about things she didn't understand.

Her long black hair covered her thin back and shoulder, her dress was soft pink colored, with the main material of the highly expensive silk. It has so many white roses pattern sewed on it, making her looked like a walking roses field.

She blinked her round black eyes, but honestly she was being deep in thoughts. She was so smart for a girl at her age, her mind is so wide, she was so caring and kind. It was only one thing that make her personality and view to this world changed.

 

"Why are they laughing? When just several minutes ago, a bad tsunami hitted Indonesia and made critical injuries?"

 

"Why are they wasting the half-eaten foods when there were so many kids are starving?"

 

"Why are they even employed a young little girl as their servant?"

 

And then, she started to stop thinking too much, and her pink lips curved to thrown her thoughts.

 

"When would it over? I get enough of those rascals."

 

She has always hated the party between the noblesses. Because they were nothing but a heartless machine. From her view, it would be nice if there was not a thing called the social status. Because it only makes a dumb noble got dumber. But it also woke her up, that this world is a never ending pain. For her, the world is an object filled by bad and good at the same time, though young Jinri wasn't so sure, which one is stronger inside everyone's heart.

 

Kindness or selfishness?

For her, the world is cruel. When she could taste the luxury, why did some people could not taste the same thing?

Jinri sighed as her dark eyes scanned the situation, and also for searching her own parents. But then, her eyes locked with a pair of brown eyes, which belonged to no one but Victoria.

Jinri saw her stood infront of the long white table, her eyes were cold, and she stared at Jinri coolly.

She used her blue short dress, which looked less adorable than Jinri's dress, she also looked a little older than the black haired one.

 

Maybe there is a gap around 3 or 4 years between them.

 

The black haired didn't put much intereset to Victoria. She just knew that she lived under the same roof, shared the same dinner table and went to the same school with her. She was not her sister nor a friend. She was nothing but a stranger. They didn't talk to each other that often too, but Jinri knew that Victoria was very close to the housemaid.

Felt awkward with their eye contact, Jinri decided to looked away, and then her eyes locked with a figure.

A figure of a tall boy, wearing a casual shirt and ocean colored jeans. His hair was black and rather dull, but it made a contrast with his beautiful pale skin. His eyes were so warm and yet dark, and looked so beauty in Jinri's eyes. His thick lashes made him look like a flower boy and Jinri simply couldn't look away.

She was awed by his appearance.

The young boy suddenly smiled to another guests, and she could feel a thump inside her chest, a strong one.

She silently touched her chest.

What was that just now?

"Who is he?"  The young miss asked one of her maid, out of curiousity. The maid looked up to see the young boy and she giggled. "He is Park Chanyeol, miss." She said, then she looked to Jinri with a small smile. "Do you like him, miss?" She then asked her, and the young girl narrowed her eyes as her first reaction.

"Don't go asking such fool question to me." She said coolly, why would she fall in love that easily?

She admitted that Park Chanyeol was quite... handsome, and so close to her type and whatnot, but there is no way that she would fall in love that easily. She was too proud for that.

Suddenly her parents called her to join together with them, she walked towards them, but before that, she threw a last glance to him.

He was not move an inch, and still having both of his palms shoved inside his jeans, but what got Jinri's much attention was... His lovingly stare.

Chanyeol was staring to someone sheepishly, his cheeks reddened, like the same color as the sakura's leaves. Jinri was curious, to whom he lovingly stared at? She turned her head to his stare direction, but when she almost see the face of his beloved, all of the memories blurred, like the foams that getting crush by the strong wave.

"Who was she?" She asks herself, once she came back into the present. She swears, that the young Chanyeol glared lovingly to someone.

"But to whom?" She asks herself once again, she can't remember it, it's like her mind was broken into so many pieces, and she losts one of the fragment. The fragment of that event.

The hazel knows him, she knows Park Chanyeol. He was a flower boy back then, sweet and tempting. And she simply surprised, when they finally meet again.

He has changed into a mature man. That's quite interesting for her, because she can't simply wash his flower-boy image from her memory.

His personality has also changed, and it make a huge differences with what he used to be. And so, she can't blame him too much, because she is in the same position with him. She is not innocent at all.

Jinri simply curious about this sudden event that happening between them. Engagement? And even a marriage? Please! They just met once at that party, plus it's over than ten years ago, for what reason their parents would ever match them in a bond so suddenly? Is he planning something? Is he trying to interrupt her life?

The answer is always a big No. She doesn't really know him though, but she believes that he's not that kind of man.

He is different from others.

Why did Jinri bravely thinking so positively? She doesn't know the reason either, but she once put an interest towards him. So...

She flinches when she hears heavy knocks from the metal door, and when she turns her head into the door, a tall figure of a man shown up. She mouths up in disbelief.

"Chanyeol?"

 

 

*

 

 

Baekhyun has wisely reported all of the problems they got from Jinri, and Chanyeol could care less about it. To be honest, he could handle the company well all by himself, but his parent order him to work together with the Choi heiress. His soon-will-be fiancée.

If they did so, his parents thought that maybe they will build some good relationship. But no, Chanyeol swears for God's sake it would never happen. The rumours about Jinri's arroganity spread so widely through Korea, and Chanyeol already knew it.

And now, she is inside the same building with him, not doing anything but nagging about her sudden transferal. Chanyeol simply doesn't like it, if she acts like a spoiled princess in his company. She should work like the rest of employees did, and so, he decides to visit her.

Her office is so close to his office, and they could even meet each other in the hallway. Chanyeol steps calmly towards her office. The hazel figure suddenly pops inside of his mind, and he sighs in exasperated after recgonizing that he will meet with that arrogant woman.

Finally he arrived infront of her metal door.

He takes the door's hang, as less as he expected, her office is not locked from inside. He shrugs a bit, at least it comes in handy for him. He then knocks it, eventhough there is a moment of hesitation, he steps in anyway. Not bothering if she likes it or not. Then he meets with Jinri's figure, sitting on the red couch. Her eyes widen seeing him.

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

She covers with the back of her palm, regretting her previous word. Chanyeol frowns a little seeing that, he has pondering about it anyway, Jinri doesn't look that unfamiliar to him...

"Have we met before?" He then says, in a bored tone.

Dumbfounded, Jinri nods a little. "Once, at a party..." She then says honestly, her eyes can't leave his porcelain figure. He might be not the flower boy again, but he grew up in a right way, because he looks so handsome now.

His black hair styled up, not like Bakehyun who has the tidy style, Chanyeol's black hair is more like a mess. y bedhair. His neck is long, and his Adam's apple shown out. Just like before, his skin is so pale, and his appetizing tall legs....

He could be hired as a model if he wanted to.

Jinri gulps and tries to set up her conscience. She glares to him at the end.

"What is your plan?" She then asks, with the gleams inside her eyes.

What a question, but Chanyeol, he is unsure about the answer too.  "I planned nothing. Why are you so negative toward me?" He answers her question, making her sneers to him.

"If you hadn't plan nothing, then your parents did. And you, you better know what kind of plans they prepared to us. My life is already a mess, and I simply don't want it to become more worser than now. Stop acting like an innocent." She says with her cold tone, perfectly hids her agony.

Chanyeol narrows his eyes, he looks so gentle right now, as he trying to explain everything.

"Do you know what exactly your and my parents thought of, Jinri?" He asks her, and she shakes her head, making her red hair swings a bit. He then steps closer to her, and Jinri narrowing her eyes, though she doesn't move an inch either. And the following moment, he is towering in front of her.

She can smell his fragrance at that distance, it's dark and forbidden for pure fairies. He is no longer a flower boy anymore, he is not the one that Jinri likes a more than decade ago. He is a mature man now, tempting and brave.

He tilts his head and leans closer to her, Jinri can feel his head touches her red hair, giving the chill runs down on her spine. And then, he seductively whispers to her ear.

 

"Noblesse would only matches noblesse."

 

She flinches at that moment, his voice sounds so cold, and yet malicious. Rough and racist at the same time, and it successfully scratching her mind. She pushes him away and glares at his dark eyes. His eyes are different, it's frightening. Not warm anymore. He has changed.

Changed. Changed. Changed!

"Are you mocking at me?" She says angrily, Chanyeol simply shakes his head. "You're too insensitive! Don't dare to play around under this circumstances!" She then adds, with her venomous words.

He raises one of his eyebrow in confusion. "You're going to against them?" He asks, and Jinri nods. "Of course I am, like hell I would ever sacrificing myself for their sick needs of wealth." Jinri then says, not so ladylike though, but that is her. The true self of Choi Jinri.

He is staring at her coldly, like a huge ice wall. He then shoved his palms in his pocket, not really interesting to continue the conversation.

"The ceremony will be held at the end of this month." He says coolly. "And the wedding... It might be held by the end of summer, around September, so if you  want to do the revolution. You'd better be quick." He then adds, with a smirk within it, succesfully makes her tremble in fear.

"Calm down, summer is pretty long term isn't it? I swear you would not have to wait for me at the altar." She muses as she smiles cutely to him. He sneers at that, glares to her for a moment and then he turns back and walks toward the main door, opens and slams it shut, making Jinri curses behind him. He simply can't utter any words, seeing the bravement inside her dark eyes.

Would his plans went as he planned?

"Revolution, huh?" He says to himself, and then he walks away from her door with uncertain feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

------

 

So tired completing this chapter, sorry for the lack updates guys, my inspiration fades away TuT I know it sounds annoying but comments are welcomed you know :')