Encounter

Autumn Cry

 

 

They arrived at the elders' place, they've sent Jinri the message before, that they'll wait her in their office. Jinri and Kyungsoo walk together through the hallways, at the end of the hallways is where their office is located. Then they meet an old woman, stands in front of the wooden big doors, she uses a red dull uniform and plain apron. She is Mrs. Kang, her mother's personal maid.

"Young miss, pleased to meet you." She says as she bows politely to Jinri, Jinri nods as a reply, and then she turns her head to Kyungsoo. "Let's go in." The hazel says, but Mrs. Kang cuts her words off. "No miss, My Lady has said that this is a personal meeting. You can't bring your PA with you, you shall come in alone." Mrs. Kang explains, she stares blankly towards Kyungsoo. Jinri frowns a little and sigh with an exasperated.

"If it is that personal, then don't held it in this damned office." She thinks with a displeasure face. But then she chooses to obey. Again.

"Then wait for me, will you?" Jinri asks him, and he nods as a reply, she steps inside, then the wooden doors hide her profile. Eventhough he is wholefully worries about her, he can't pull her away. Her stoic face hypnotizes him and calms him a lot.

She left him alone with the old woman in the silent hallways. Recgonizing the awkward air, Mrs. Kang excuses herself to leave, that means a lot for Kyungsoo, now he can freely leanst against the cold wall and being deep in thoughts again. He shoves both of his palms inside his pocket, also looks down to the floor.

He looks up, when he hears a man's steps echoing through the silent hallways.

And then he meets with a skinny man, with an extremely beauty skin and brunet ruffled hair. The brunet seems like he's at the same height with Kyungsoo, and when the new-comer walks closer, they do look equal. A smile forms on his lips, as if he's amused to see Kyungsoo. He wears a black suit, just like what Kyungsoo wears. But he has more mysteries, and it almost attracts Kyungsoo.

Out of curiosity, Kyungsoo mouths up, to throws him a question.

"Who are you?"

The brunet smiles once again, he smiles in a cute way, he just looks like a flower boy. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo glances at him coolly.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun." He says.

"It's a honor to meet you, Do Kyungsoo."

 

*

 

Terrible.

Now Jinri feels terrible.

She can't bring Kyungsoo together with her, and now she has entered the Abyss. Her parents' office, the most horryfing place for her. She sees her parents, sitting on the couch inside, she raises an eyebrow. Where is that Guest? She inhales some air, and greets them halfheartedly, she then takes a seat, facing the elders. "Dear, how was your day?" Her mother says, and Jinri can't help but looks at her in a disrespectful way.

"Just jump to the real topics, mother."

She says, with a grimace, and her mother glares at her, making her looks away to the sunny windows. "Where is the Guest?" She asks her father, her father looks up and glances to her.

"He will be arrived soon."

Jinri glances back to him, and throws him another question.

"What kind of bussines now?" She says, with a cold tone.

Her father puts up the teacup and sips his tea calmly, and Jinri just can't stop staring at his movement, staring at his wrinkled face. Yearning for a rightful answer.

 

She really needs an explanation now, and if it is true that the reason behind this invitation is about to introduce Jinri to some strangers again, she will more than glad to slam at the coffe table and resigned from the office.

Vanishing away from the world.

"It is a plan about your engagement." Her father says, making her freezes for a mere second, before she can finally blinking again. She glances at her mother in disbelief.

"What the hell-" Before all of the trashy words came out, she tries so hard to calm herself.

"Me? Engaging?"

Her voice is crack, she is broken by their explanation, and she is more than broken now, after the dreadful words of her mother come out.

"It's all for you Jinri. We're setting the perfect future for you."

Future? She is too scared to dreaming about her future since a long time ago. She is scared to dreaming about the future. How can she dream about that, if her present is already a ?

"Future? I don't need that kind of future. Just let me draw my future with my own hands, you don't have to get into my life so deeply-"

Before she can finishes her words, they hear the sound of soft knocking from outside, and then the sound of the main doors behind them opened by someone follows. She doesn't even have a time to calm herself !

Her parents face turn into amused ones, and she can't looks back. She doesn't want to look back, she just doesn't want to do that. Her neck become stiff, just like a stone statue.

"Here is your fiancée. Welcome, Chanyeol."

She can feels her heart pounding like hell. She is angry, she is ashamed, and mostly, she is scared. She is scared to see him. She doesn't want to face him, but she wont close her eyes either.

She can feels that man's presence inside that cold room, and her father and mother already greet him in a weird excitement.

"Good afternoon. Mister, Ma'am and... Miss Choi."

She nearly flinches, his voice is so deep and rather dull. She can feels the awkwardness because she doesn't even looks back to him and greet him.

"Jinri honey, this is Park Chanyeol, come and greet him." Her mother glances at her dreadfuly, she is forcing her daugther in a beautiful way. In a mere seconds, Jinri raises on her feet and turns to them, to see the face of those bastards who ruined her life.

The hazel meets with a pair of dark brown eyes, the younger man's eyes that glares at her intensively, and she trembles in fear seeing his cold glares.

He is surprisingly tall, he is more taller than her and even Kyungsoo. His hair is dark brown, but what attracted Jinri the most is his eyes. His eyes are so cold, as if those eyes were made by a mystical gemstone.

"Good afternoon. I'm Park Chanyeol."

He says, without leaving his eyes off of her figure.

"You two looks good together." Her mother says, making all the bad blood inside her goes up to her head, radiating her brain.

"Stop saying things like that!" She shouts desperately, it is not so lady-like, but she doesn't care about the manner anymore.

"I won't do that for my parents sake, and you better do the same, giant." She says, in her highest tone, and her parents coldly stare at her.

"It can't be cancelled, neither will denied. The ceremony will be held in less than a month. And your wedding might be held after summer ended." Her father says, with a serious face.

She cannot breath now. Something is infected her lungs, and for her, the air get thinier. She trapped in a labyrinth, that is full of fears. Her parents words are mostly absolute, and she hates that. So, with all of her courage, she glances back at them again. With a taunting smile forms on her lips.

"Summer is a pretty long term season. We can't even predict what will happen by the end of it. Maybe, I will never be your bride."

She turns on her heels and dashes towards the exit. Tears flowing like a river from her brown eyes, and her face becomes red. She then meets Kyungsoo, whom waited for her patiently outside. Kyungsoo gasps a bit after seeing her figure crying silently.

Gently, she leads her away from the building, without getting too much employees' attention. And now, in the desolate park underground, he finally can hugs her closer, giving her chills. She is drenching his suits with the tears, but he nevermind that, his Jinri is more than fragile now.

"They ruined my life." She then says, with small sobs. Kyungsoo kisses the top of her head, and gently wiping her tears. He then remembers his previous meeting with the skinny brunet man.

 

"I'm Byun Baekhyun. It's a honor to meet you." The brunet says, slightly bows to the black haired one. Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow as he looks at the brunet's perfect appearance.

He recgonizes him, that brunet.

"You're the Park companies henchman, aren't you? What are the Parks doing here?" Kyungsoo says coolly, and the brunet smiles to him, he looks so amused. Weirdly amused.

"I went here with my master, and I'm so ecxited to see what gonna happen next."

Kyungsoo frowns a little, but then he crossing his arms, pretending to not looks so interested.

"What kind of event will happening soon?" He asks, and the brunet chuckles delightfully before he looks up and stares at Kyungsoo.

"A tragedy. The tragedy will be happen on her, sooner or later."

Kyungsoo sneers at that answer, and the brunet smirks seeing Kyungsoo's reaction.

"The heir of the Choi company, your lady, will fall into a tragedy." He continues his words, obviously reffering to Jinri.

Kyungsoo glares at him, just who the hell is this petit man? How could he saying things like that?

But before Kyungsoo can utters any words, he meets with the leader of the Parks, that suddenly pops up in front of them, and he remains silent as he glares at him entering the elders' office.

 

Kyungsoo hugs Jinri's tremble body, she is more than broken now, she keeps saying incoherent things like a broken radio. A thought firms in Kyungsoo's mind after seeing that.

That he will protect her, and be with her forever. So he can always be her little hero, deffending her from all the demons that haunting her every night inside her dreams.

"I will protect you, Jinri. No matter what."

 

 

 

-----

ASD. I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, I'm so embarassing! ;A; I'm dizzy by the exams and whatnot these days, school is so ergh, but I enjoyed it so much ^^ Comments are really appreciated ^^