3. GOOD OR BAD?

The Girl In The Mirror
What's that?
 
 
 
It is still dark so he can only see that thing's shadow.
 
 
 
 
Then a small black thing started to walk towards him.. he still can't move. He closed his eyes and waited what will happen next. After few more seconds and still nothing happened.
 
 
 
He opened his eyes and frightened to see a set of bright eyes looking at him..
 
 
 
 
"Meowwww...."
 
 
 
 
Wait.. a cat?
 
 
 
It is a white cat with deep black eyes.
 
 
 
The cat is now sitting and staring at him as if it is checking on him. Yeah right! It's just a cat!
 
 
 
It stood up and now walking towards him. It moved to his side and now cuddling his foot.
 
 
 
 
"What a sweet kitty, hey come here!" He leaned and started petting its chin. It seems that the cat likes it. It then walked to the door of the basement and started scratching the door with its paws.
 
 
 
 
"Meeeowww... Meeeowww" The cat looked at him and still scratching the door.
 
 
 
 
"You want me to open it?" He stupidly asked the cat.
 
 
 
"Meow" It responded then tried to push the door with its head.
 
 
 
"Silly kitty!" He laughed at what he said. "Sure, I will open it. But behave, okay? Lets not break anything, okay?" When he opened the door the cat quickly run to the stairs, down to the basement.
 
 
 
It is too dark.
 
 
 
Jiyong turn the lights on and followed the cat down to the basement.
 
 
 
The basement, is still the same as he remembered. It is like a library because it still has all the books his Grandfather collected in three large bookshelves and has a large black sofa in the middle. On top of the shelves are the toys his Grandfather treated as treasures.
 
 
 
Airplanes, helicopters and train miniatures. On the wall are butterfly paintings, painted in different ways. These paintings are his Grandmother's. Granny really liked butterflies. But she only bought drawings, pictures or paintings, never did she bought those with dissected butterflies or anything that is related to real butterflies. She once said butterflies represents life and we shouldn't play anything that represents life.
 
 
 
 
Well, I am not a nature-lover type of guy but I do have respect for nature and all living things.. even insects.. well.. butterfly is okay but.. not those who flies and then tries to crawl on you body? cockroaches? or even spiders? He has Goosebumps just remembering those "Unlucky" moments.
 
 
 
 
His eyes went to one of the paintings hanging on the far right end of the wall. The white cat is looking at it and it seems trying to pull down the cloth that is covering it.
 
 
 
It has a copper colored cloth covering it from top to bottom.
 
 
 
"Easy, little kitty" He said while walking towards the painting. He held on the cloth and tried to peek what is drawn on the painting but it is just an ordinary large old mirror.
 
 
 
"What do you want from an old mirror?" He asked the cat.
 
 
 
"Meooow" The cat answered. He just shook his head and patted the cat's head and walked towards the door. He will just wait for his Hyung outside. But when he tried to open the door it was locked, no, it was not locked it is just not opening! He turned his gaze to the cat but the cat is no longer on where it was earlier.
 
 
 
 
Where did it go?
 
 
 
 
 
He is still trying to open the door when the lights went off and he felt something on his neck.. and that is the last thing he remembered as he doze off to sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
"Ji wake up.."
 
 
 
 
Jiyong can feel a tap on his cheek. He opened his eyes and seen a deep set of eyes looking at him.
 
 
 
"Hyung?!" He asked.
 
 
 
 
"Where is my room?" Seunghyun asked.
 
 
 
Room? What room?
 
 
 
"You said I can stay here, but where is my room?"
 
 
 
Jiyong's eyebrows knitted as he remembered everything. He invited Hyung to stay with him. That he was in the basement when everything went blank. He suddenly stood up as he is no longer on the basement but he was lying down on his sofa, in the Living Room! The basement's door is closed. Is it just a dream?
 
 
 
 
"Hey, Ji.. what's wrong?"
 
 
 
 
"Is that door closed when you came here?"
 
 
 
"Yes.. why? You didn't lock your front door as well Ji. You should lock the doors, I can just knock or call you when I get here. It is dangerous especially you are the only one here and the neighbors are too far" Seunghyun seriuosly said.
 
 
 
"Yeah.. follow me. The rooms are upstairs." Jiyong thought it will be useless if he will tell his hyung what happened or he thought what happened? Whatever! He is now relieved that he has someone with him in this crazy vacation.
 
 
 
"Hyung, do you want to sleep with me?" He blurted out.
 
 
 
"What?"
 
 
 
 
"I said, if you would like something to eat?"
 
 
 
 
Or maybe I am the one being crazy!
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Someone is crying.
 
 
 
Am I dreaming again?
 
 
 
Jiyong opened his eyes and checked on his surroundings. He didn't turn off the lights so he can see everything clearly in his room. Nothing unusual. He can still hear something though. Like a girl crying.
 
 
 
He looked at his alarm clock and it is only 3AM. Yeah, the time where all the scary things happen in the movies. Sheez!
 
 
 
 
Why am I hearing these things? Is this house really haunted? Should I leave tomorrow? Ghad, how can I explain this to hyung? Wait.. can he hear this too?
 
 
 
 
Jiyong stood up and peeked outside his door. Hyung's room door was shut closed. He walk towards the stairs and the crying sound came louder. Is it coming from the basement? What should I do? He turned to his left and
 
 
 
 
"Waaahhh!!!!" Jiyong panickingly moved backwards and fell on his as he, all of a sudden, saw someone behind him.
 
 
 
 
"What?! Hahahahaha" Seunghyun asked while laughing so hard.
 
 
 
 
"What is wrong with you Ji? You looked so terrified, you should have seen you face! I wish I have recorded it. It will bring billions to my bank account." Seunghyun said while still laughing. Seunghyun offered his hand to Jiyong but he refused to take it.
 
 
 
 
Ghad.. its like he just had a heart attack. As he is still trying to calm his heart beat, he can no longer hear the crying sound.
 
 
 
"Hyung.." He looked at Seunghyun seriously. "Did you hear something awhile ago? like someone is crying?"
 
 
 
"No. Did you?" He just nodded. Seunghyun's brow knitted and looked at him with disbelief.
 
 
 
"But it just stopped. After you came." He added.
 
 
 
 
"Really? Where do you think it came from?" Seunghyun eyes lighted with curiosity. Ommo this is bad!
 
 
 
 
"There" he pointed at the basement's door.
 
 
 
"Let's look!" Seunghyun said merrily. "Is it locked? Do you have the keys? Pali!" He then ran down the stairs and now waiting for him while jumping up and down. Seunghyun hyung is as if turned into a kid waiting for his presents. He rolled his eyes at his hyungs gestures. I never knew he liked these things? Hah! Hyung I am glad you are like that right now, the scary feeling I felt awhile ago disappeared.
 
 
 
They both went inside the basement but nothing there is unusual. It is still the same as what he had in his dream, if that was just a dream though. His attention went to the large frame hanging at the far right end of the wall with a copper cloth covering it. As far as he remembered, this is just a mirror and not a painting or anything that has a butterfly design like all the frames hanging on this room are.
 
 
 
He is not sure why but he have this urge to remove the cover. He did. And to his surprise he saw a picture of a girl in a white dress. A beautiful girl, eyes closed with one of her hand covering one of her eyes.
 
 
 
So this is not a mirror but a picture? A life size picture with grey background. He touched the butterfly drawing on the arms of the girl and to be frozen when he felt a soft and smooth skin of the girl's arm on his fingers. It seems so real.
 
 
 
What? Why? How?!!
 
 
 
His eyes went to the girl's face and the girl's eyes are now open and looking at him, mirroring the same expression that he has. Surprise, frightened and frozen on the spot.
 
 
 
 
What the is this?!

 

 

 

 

**I can’t find the right picture for this fic.. huhuhu will update tomorrow.. pramis! :) KJME1003