11.APOLOGY

The Girl In The Mirror

 

"Dara, what happened to you and Jiyong?" Seunghyun asked. "It was almost 2 weeks and he is acting weird" He added.

 

It is a Sunday evening and Seunghyun got on Jiyong's condo to check on her. Jiyong went out but not sure where he went.

 

"I... dont know" That is all she can answer.


"I bet you know.. you just dont want to tell me" He said smiling at her.


"You know how complicated our situation is." Dara said while trying not to cry. Everything is just so complicated and there is no one he can talk to. Seunghyun is the only friend she has right now but she can't tell him everything. This is just too hard!


After that night, Jiyong asked her again and told her it will be the last time he will be asking her about this..  if it really is impossible for them? She just bent her head down not looking at him and nodded. She cried when she heard the door closed. 


After that Jiyong would talked to her in a very civil way. As his obligation he will always feed her on time but most of the day he will just leave her alone in his bedroom with the TV on.


He would just get in to change the channels.. asking her without looking at her. Sometimes he will leave saying he needed to go somewhere.. hours later he will just get some clothes and leave again.. though he made sure she is full before leaving.


Sometimes he won't even sleep on his bed. She was too afraid to ask or to even talk to him. They have been like that for two weeks now.


She needs to get used to this..her without him.


This will be the best for both of them afterall.


"Almost everything in life is complicated Dara.. even pooping sometimes is complicated. You just need to face it to get over it you know." He said in a serious face.


"I dont want to make it difficult for Jiyong." She said while sniffing. 


Seunghyun moved to her closer "It is already difficult for him. Follow your heart Dara. I know.. I can see.. that you already have feelings for him.. talk to him. Tell him what you are afraid of.. he will understand"


"It is too late now. I am not good for him" 


 "Who are you to say that? Let him decide what's good or not for him. You might not be good for him but he wouldnt care."
 

She shut and just looked down. She cannot tell anyone or she will die, definitely die this time. There are things she needed to do.. she cant die yet.


"This is the first time I saw him like that Dara.. give him a chance.. give yourself a chance". He stood up and went to the door. "I am your friend Dara.. you know that right?"


She nodded and said "Thank you Seunghyun"

 
Seunghyun left. 


Take care of Jiyong. She wanted to tell him but she can't.


She can't give her and Jiyong a chance. It is too late now. Will there be a chance for them after this? She's not sure. She might not even remember him. All their memories might only stay on him.. the pain will only stay on him. Just him. And that is enough.. she can't let Jiyong suffer anymore. 


This has to end. 


Jiyong deserves better than this. Better that her.


Of all the people she would meet in this time.. why is it him? Why is Jiyong the only person who can touch her? 


Why... 


why... 


why did I fall inlove with him in this time...

 

She wished she can still see him and hold him.. 

 

but that is too selfish for her.. 


It's too late.. 

 


————


Jiyong's POV


"Are you alone?" A beautiful model asked with her face near his.

 

Since they are on a noisy place with the song playing thunderously in their back they needed to be this close to communicate.

 

She looked ate her and smiled sweetly that made her eyes shine in delight. He leaned closer, his mouth near her ear so she could hear him clearly..


" off" he said.


"W-what did you..." Disbelief and embarassment on her now red face. She angrily left.

 

"You're rude" The guy on his other side said. Shaking his head out of amazement on what he just witnessed. The guy has big muscles, he might be an athlete or a bouncer. Hah, I dont care.


"The Almighty Kwon Jiyong.. what's up?" He asked.


Jiyong just looked at the guy, gave him an uncaring look and continued drinking.


"Oh.. on a foul mood eh?.. It's the first time I saw you drinking alone. And don't mind me. I am not in a good mood too.. I am just happy I am not the only one suffering today" He laughed. He laughed but his eyes are saying another thing.


"I really don't care what's your drama Mister." Jiyong stood up and was about to leave when the man on his side suddenly collapsed.


He blinked multiple times as he might just be too drunk but it is real. The man really is on the floor and not moving. 


"Hey"


Some people that are near them didnt care, thinking this is just an ordinary scene in a bar when people got too much drinking alcohol.


He moved closer and checked if he was just too drunk but as he saw his face he knew that he is suffering from a great pain. He asked for help.


-------*hospital*----------


"Mr. Gee the Dragon.." He opens his eyes and saw a little girl who might be seven or eight years old looking at him with her smiling eyes, her tiny hands is on his knees that shook him to wake up.


"My Mom said you saved my father. Thank you!" She bowed and smiled again making him smile too.


"The doctors saved your Dad. I am just the one who took him here that's all."


"But I will still believe what my Mom said. I will tell my classmates GDragon saved my Dad"


He laughed at what she said. "Whatever Kid! How's your Dad?" He asked patting her head, she really is cute.


"He just woke up. He asked me to bring you there in his room.. lets go!" She said while pulling his hand. They walked to the room where the guy who fainted was brought. Doctor said he had a mild heart attack, thank God he is okay right now. Looking at his daughter who is merrily hopping while they walked to where his father is, he really is thankful nothing bad had happened. 


They opened the door and went inside the room. He just learned that the guy he helped is a UFC fiighter, Chu Sunghoon and married to a Japanese model, Yano Shiho, who is still crying stood up when she saw him and bowed.


"GDragon-sshi.. Kamsahamnida (Thank you). Nomu nomu kamsahamnida (Thank you very very much)!!" She said while continously bowing her head. He can see large drops of tears. He stopped her from bowing. "It's nothing Ma'am. I was just there when it happened."


"It was my husband's life, I am trully grateful. Really really, thank you!" She said and held both my hands. Jiyong looked at Sunghoon asking for help. This is getting really awkward as she was still crying.


"Shiho.. that's enough" Sunghoon finally said. Shiho squeezed his hands for the last time and said her thanks again before finally letting his hands go. 


He then walked to Sunghoon closer and smiled at him. He seems better now. His eyes are a bit better too. 


"Shiho can you give us some time to talk, take Sarang too" Sunghoon asked his wife. Shiho just nodded and smiled at him. She needed to drag Sarang, the cute girl, out since she was insisting to stay. 


"Jiy0ng, I can call you Jiyong right?" Sunghoon asked. 


"Yes.." He simply answered.


"Thank you for helping me." Jiyong was about to say something but he cut him "I was there to chill out you know but it ended up like that. Sorry for the trouble. Really, it was embarrassing for me." He said while scratching his head. He smiled shily. "I thought I was strong to handle things but I guess I was not that strong to handle it all by myself." He held on his chest.


"Sorry for being talkative right now when I guess you really dont care." He laughed. 


"I am glad you are okay now." Jiyong said and smiled at him.


"It looked like there is something bothering you when you where drinking. You need to talk it out or you will end up like me. My heart was healthy, but keeping problems on yourself will make it sick. Trust me. It will be easier than keeping it all by yourself.."


"Yeh..thanks" He smiled bitterly.  "I will try" He said that just to stop him from worrying for him. "You need to rest. I.. need to go too..."


He put his mask back and fixed his hoodie before leaving the hospital. He is cowardly avoiding her again just like evey day. Leaving her alone and here he is walking endlessly whereever his feet would take him to.


Would anyone belive him if he will tell them he is inlove and got dumped by a girl inside a mirror? And he can't avoid her since he is the only one who knows her existence and who can feed her? That everything he say doesn't make sense when reality is his enemy.


Seunghyun might already know everything but how can he help him? This was impossible right from the start but how can he stop himself from loving her? He thought there is a chance if only she felt the same way as he did. He can accept everything.. if only she could give him a chance. 


He found an empty bench infront of a cafe.. He sat on it and looked at the people who come and go. The lights on the street blinding him, still he looked at anything until he heard a very sad music coming from the cafe.


Take my hand, touch my face..
Let me feel your embrace
Let me see in your eyes
That you won’t say goodbye
Just tell me how you feel
I don’t know what you’re thinking anymore


He laughed bitterly on the song that is being played at the cafe. "Yeah.. rubbed it in some more please.." He wanted to run amock and punch anyone just to release this feeling but he just sighed deeply and decided to close his eyes, listening to the song intently. 


And if you need me, you’d kiss me
Then tell me how you feel
And if you want me, you’d show me
That your love is for real
And if you love me
You’d hold me in your arms where I belong
So while I’m feeling strong
I sing you one last song


One last song.. his tears dropped. I can't. I really love her.. love her so much he wants to fight for it. But he is the only one who wants to.. 


"I'm sorry Ji.."


He snapped his eyes open as he heard her voice. He looked at his sides but noone is there. Then he felt the ground shaking. 


Earthquake. A strong one. 


Everyone on the street was on panic and some duck on the ground. While he, is in shock still not moving. 


His eyes got larger at the thought, he started to feel scared "Oh God.. Dara!"


Not caring on the shouts asking him to stop and drop as the ground is still shaking, he ran fast to his apartment. 


As soon as he got on to his apartment, the earthquake is already gone. He saw the mess the earthquake left. He ran to the stairs not caring if his unit is on the 8th floor.  


"Dara, please be safe.." The longest run of his life.. when he got on the 8th floor he saw Seunghyun infront of his door. 


"Hyung.." He said while catching his breath. He looked at Seunghyun who seems to be in shock. He is looking inside his apartment. 


"What are you looking at? What happen?!" He asked in panic. 

 


His heartbeat increased as he walked towards his door. He is shaking while reaching for his door handle. 

 


He slowly looked inside. It is a mess. 

 


And then he noticed his bedroom door is open. He moved slowly to his room.. then he saw everything... he never wanted to see.

 

 


far worst than what he was scared of...

 

 


The mirror... 

 

 

is broken. 

 

 

Pieces of it is shattered on the floor. 

 

 


Blood is everywhere.

 


"NO!..."

 

 

He is losing his energy.. 

 


His sanity is leaving him..  

 

 

This can't be true.

 

 


She can't leave like that. 

 

 


"No... not like this"

 

 


He is not ready for this.. "No... I still have lot of things I needed to say.."

 

 

"Jiyong..."

 

 

 

That is the last thing he heard before everthing went black.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------

---thanks to all who patiently waited for my updates! I have a newly uploaded story.. hope you can subscribe to it too.. :D KJME1003