13. MEMORIES

The Girl In The Mirror

YB's POV

 

Looking at his brothers who both gone weird after the earthquake, he can't help but to think what might have happened to them?

 

They all gathered at Jiyong's apartment, it is his bestfriend's birthday and they just wanted to have a simple celebration since it is also their anniversary. Seungri and Daesung went out to buy some foods, drinks and cakes. They wanted to go buy it themselves, like the old days. No deliveries. And now the three of them are in Jiyong's room. Both of them are staring blankly at a certain spot on Jiyong's wall. The same spot where Jiyong asked him when he woke up from the earthquake, asking if there should be something in there.

 

How would he know? He is always on his living room that on his bedroom. And knowing Jiyong, He would always have something new… But surprisingly, when Seunghyun went to visit Jiyong, he looked at that wall too and asked the same question. Now, that is really weird.

 

6 months have passed and these two have been weird, well for Seunghyun hyung you can say he is ‘weirder’ than before. Jiyong has partial amnesia. He can’t remember anything that happened starting when he went to Jeju, when he went in his Grandparents house.

 

Seunghyun hyung doesn’t have an amnesia but when we asked him what happened in Jeju, he said he can only remember little things too. They found Jiyong lying on the floor of his apartment after the earthquake with a lot of blood in his bedroom, which was surprisingly not from his. They should be thankful, though it is really creepy and crazy just thinking about it. No weird videos were found when they checked on the CCTVs. It was a lot of blood that splashed in his room. It's as if there was a suicide bomber who killed himself inside his apartment.

 

They cannot identify who the blood was from, might be some burglar? It was also shocking that there were two types of blood found. And none it were from Jiyong. They first thought that Jiyong was hit on his head that caused his amnesia, but there had been no sight of any physical injury. The doctor said his amnesia was because of an intense emotional or mental trauma.

 

But as far as we know, Jiyong doesn't have that kind of problem that would want him to forget, what might have really happened? We asked him to seek for more help psychiatrically but he refused.

 

They were all cautious on what to tell him and we agreed not to tell him about those blood.

 

What is more confusing is Seunghyun. He is always spacing out, not that he never was, but it not this much.

 

After the earthquake, Seungri found hyung sleeping in his mother's house. Aunty, said he never left his room that day. But when he woke up, he was quiet. Too quiet. We never heard him speak, until the next week, when they were recording their new songs.

 

Next month they will be promoting their new album and they will start their Japan Concerts. He is hoping that his brothers will come back on their usual self.

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

Minzy is not in a good shape, but she will be fine soon. Since Unnie is awake, she can heal Minzy soon. She is the strongest of them after all. When Chaerin received the call from Minzy, she immediately went to Jiyong’s apartment using her portal but it was too late. Minzy and Dara’s body were both bloody and lying on the floor. Blood was everywhere, the mirror exploded. Dara did blow the mirror from the inside hitting Minzy, with the impact of the explosion and the glasses, was hit directly. She tried to counter Dara’s spell, which was really impossible.

Even she cannot fight Dara. Dara’s power is incomparable with them.  Dara used her power too much. Since this was all first for them, they really have no idea what will happen if Dara forced herself out of the mirror. She might have wanted to end everything faster.

 

She can’t help but smile bitterly, when she saw her glowing, when the flowers bloom when she literally is just walking along the aisle of garden. She has this natural aura that calms you just by staring at her move. Look, she is not turning lesbian here; she is just saying the truth. Chaerin laughed at her thoughts. Then she sighed deeply when Dara looked at her, also smiling.

 

If you don’t know Dara, you might think she is a fragile and innocent girl, who can easily be hurt. But she is strong. Well, in their world where strength is measured by their powers. But she has a soft heart, which is her weakness. She can totally blow your mind just a sway of her finger but she is too kind, her total opposite. That is the same reason why she is Dara’s protector. Not because she is stronger but she is… well always careful in trusting people.

 

And when Dara was hurt, she was totally shocked. She was not on the scene. She was taking care of their business when someone they truly trust and loved so dear, backstabbed her and hurt her, Intending to kill her.

 

That b!tch. Remembering her face makes her blood rise. That good for nothing girl who they thought was a friend, tried to kill Dara who was always been there for her.

 

When you acquired magic, there is also a curse. In their world, when you kill someone, you can take her powers and make it yours and that b!tch tried it on Dara. Park HanByul. That is her name. She was a greedy b!tch who they never thought was envious in Dara. Dara is a close friend of her long time lover and she found out, that her boyfriend was inlove with Dara and not with her. Dara didn’t know anything but she was targeted for that reason. She got our trust and when the right time comes, when no one from us, Minzy and Bom was with them.

 

She tried to kill Dara with a spell but Dara felt it and was able to move back, avoided it and countered back with a spell. She was fine, but there was another attack that she was not able to avoid. One of their family’s enemy, who have no longer have powers, behind her hit her head with a bat and she fell from the stairs.

 

When Dara woke up, they found Hanbyul in a Mental Institute. Unfortunately she was pregnant and she lost the baby after the attack. Dara immediately forgive that girl, to her dismay. It was not Dongwook’s child anyway.

 

What a b1tch. She thought she was the only 3d up person in their circle.

 

Chaerin was a . Believing she was sold to the mafia by her parents when she was just 15 years old and been a !ng until she turned 20, she killed one of the strongest mafia boss, gaining his powers. She killed everyone who 3d her and tried to search and looked for her parents for revenge but they were already dead. She found out she was not sold but was taken from their parents, who were both killed when they wanted to run from the Mafia.

 

She was about to kill herself when Dara found her. She was like an angel who appeared in front of her telling her not to end everything and that she can start a new life with her. Her powers were locked by Dara. She cannot use it to herself. Her body also has protection from any harm. It was tested and proven. How? She jumped from a 28th floor building and had nothing but a embarrassed red face. It happened when everything was dark so no one would notice her, but when she fell, facedown, and she felt nothing but the cold floor. She looked up only finding Dara, smiling at her telling her.

 

“I told you”

 

It was really embarrassing. She stood up, both her hands covering her face from embarrassment she ran from her but then she was stopped, and she felt her hugged her from behind and told her.

 

“I am here for you. You can’t run away from me.”

 

It was a sweet threat. And now here she is, being basically an immortal, she should hev been her protector but she failed.

 

Thankfully her Mom, their master, is still alive. She is like a mother to all of us.

 

She thought Dara died as her heartbeat stopped and the hospital announced that she was already dead. She casted a spell to stop Dara’s soul from leaving, locked it in a mirror and when the right time comes, it will break and her soul will return to her body. However that one that casted the spell will die. It will take her soul in replace of the saved soul.  The saved soul’s body will have the mark. It is a butterfly mark on the arm. It is still visible on Dara’s arm. It is also a mark that will say you can no longer be revived upon death, the second time. This spell can only be made and received once.

 

Though, Master Park, Dara’s mother did not die. It was not late at all when she made the spell to take her life to get Dara’s soul from dying.  Dara was alive. She did not die, her heart stopped beating for sometime but it came back before the spell was complete. But since the spell can no longer be stopped it still trapped Dara’s soul in the mirror. Since it was the first time that they have encountered this spell, they didn’t know where Dara’s soul was. There were a lot of the magical mirrors scattered all over the world and there is no clue where it went. Their best tracker is Minzy, she can trace whereabouts of people, but people who have a body. Souls are really hard to track. They used a medium to track where Dara’s soul is. Bom Unnie’s specialty is enchanting and controlling people and their emotions. They have used a very good looking spirit caster to look for her.

 

They found her on soul on Jeju Island, in an old house. Since they were all based in Japan, it was hard for them all to go to South Korea. Their business, the museum and Master in the hospital, they can’t go to Korea all at once. As Chaerin has a traveler's power, she can go to places by making portals and also as Dara’s protector, she was the one who came to get her. But the  mirror was weird. The mirror has protections for magic, she cannot touch the mirror. She was glad when Jiyong came at the right time. With her help he was able to find her.

 

When someone touched the mirror, you can see her soul inside it and Jiyong did and to her shock, that weird guy Seunghyun also touched it. Two is enough, that when Seungri came, she helped them to keep him away from Dara as well.

 

She smiled bitterly thinking about that guy. She will admit, going to him and playing with him is really not planned. She just wanted to. It has been a long time since she played and she really enjoyed it. In a short period of time, she really enjoyed playing with his dreams. Being a shape shifter, as they all can, a playful cat, she really played well with that cute guy. He was different after all. He played with her but she can feel respect on his touch. It was all new to her.

 

And Jiyong.

 

The guy Dara felt inlove with when she was inside the mirror as a lost soul. She was the one who erased his memories. It was a request that Dara asked her. She also erased some of Seunghyun’s memories. Everything about Dara was erased.

 

Dara can’t remember anything aside on what I told her. She is till hesitant if she would tell her about Jiyong or not.

 

She asked me not to.

 

When Dara was still in the mirror, when they were still in Jeju, Bom arrived and told her that they found a way to make Dara’s days in the mirror shorten, they have decided to appear in front  of her and tell her everything and what will happen next. And after that, there was an opportunity to leave Jeju as Jiyong took her to Seoul. Bom used Seunghyun and his resources to help them and make it easier to Jiyong to travel with Dara. Dara told me not to tell her anything about Jiyong when she woke up. She wants to forget everything for her and for Jiyong’s sake. She doesn’t trust herself. She said she can’t promise to just sit and stay when she feels and remember Jiyong. So this should be the best for all of them. But it is hard on her; she wanted her friend, her unnie, a sister who saved her life when she wanted to kill herself.

 

She wanted her to be happy and she knows Jiyong can make her happy.

 

She saw it, Jiyong’s memories and his feeling for Dara when she was erasing his memories. It was like watching a movie that Jiyong and Dara was the main characters and it was really tragic.

 

She cried after erasing his memories.

 

She is not an emotional person. She was trained to kill and have no emotions like sympathy or empathy.  But when she knew what Jiyong feelings were all real, It was just too much for her to handle. And she is the only one who knows, both of them can’t remember anything at all.

 

She can tell her or get Jiyong’s memories back but can they really handle everything? Jiyong, as Dara said, is the best target for their enemies if they will continue to be together. Jiyong is defenseless. Dara is a strong person but was almost killed, what more a person who is always open for attacks and does not have powers to protect himself?

 

She deeply sighed again and just thought, it might really be the best for everyone

 

They just needed more time for Dara to regain her strength so that she can heal both Minzy and Head Mistress Park faster.

 

“Let’s go”

 

Chaerin’s thought was cut when she heard Dara’s sweet voice, telling her that it is time for them to go. She stood up and held her Unnie’s hand before they headed out of the door.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV        

It was the first concert in Japan for their new album and it is their 3rd day in the said country. All the five of them are in the company van. They are waiting for Dae who visited a friend in the hospital. After this they will go to the stadium for sound checks.

 

His view got to the hospital’s emergency since an ambulance came. Seeing a stretcher came out of the ambulance he moved his eyes to Seungri who is watching something on his laptop, a drama. He is beside him so he can see who the main characters are. Seungri felt Jiyong’s gaze and he smiled.

 

“Hyung! Look... your buddy here is doing really good. He told you that his character on this was like you, right? He said he was acting just like you.” He said, pointing at the lead guy’s face, it was Kim Woobin. Who called him two days ago telling him he accepted the role thinking about him. They become close since he was the host of one of the music shows they have appeared on. He is a good actor but he can’t accept that the role is like him at all. Well, he is famous as a singer but he is not into acting.

 

“He might have said that to start a conversation.” He replied. “Seunghyun must be more fitted than him, and that character is dying right? And his attitude on that drama is like a jerk. Am I that in real life?” He eyed him.

 

“Well.. Sometimes you are hyung” Seungri laughed as he punched his arm. “Just kidding!”

 

“But he really acts well.”  Seungri added. He just shook his head and smiled. He just let Seungri watch, he can hear it anyway.

 

He is not really interested in dramas. He has no time watching these dramas but recently he has been searching good dramas online without any reason, just reading its plot. Maybe for song references, OSTs are great songs too. Should he try to write one? YG said we received some requests for OSTs too. Maybe he can try too… after this album.

 

He then heard the OST on the drama. Maybe because he is dying on the drama, he thought, that the songs is sad. He rested his head on the car seat and enjoying the song’s lyrics when his attention was caught by a figure on the hospital’s entrance.

 

Do you remember me?

Do you recognize me?

We’ve met again

My shaking eyes

My trembling lips

Are looking for you again

 

A figure just came out from a black car. The girl is wearing a white dress, whose back facing him, she seems familiar. Then a girl with cat eyes run stood beside of her smiling while talking to the girl in white dress. He saw half of her face when she looked at the girl with cat’s eyes and his heart skipped. He is in a far distance from her but she seems to felt his gaze and meet his.

 

My heart tells me, it remembers you

The only person who makes my heart race

A painful love that makes my heart aches

 

My tears tell me, I love you

I call and call out to you

But I still long for you, my love

 

Who is she?

 

They are on a tinted window van so there is no way she can see him. But her gaze is not leaving him. The urge to go out and go to her got stronger as the girl turns around and meeting his gaze. His heartbeat got faster and faster and his head and heart ached.

 

My heart tells me, it remembers you

The only person who makes my heart race

A painful love that makes my heart aches

 

My tears tell me, I love you

I call and call out to you

But I still long for you, my love

 

I can still only see you

 

Breathing become hard and he held on his chest. Tears began to fall on his eyes.

 

What the is happening to me?

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song Reference:

UNCONTROLLABLY FOND ost: KIM NA YOUNG - SAY GOODBYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3HXZpIOac

 

Who cried in this Drama? I was devastated guys… TT_TT #kjme1003