Letting go II

Life tales

Slumping into a corner of the dark alley, her breaths were short and quick and her senses were on full alert for any movement that may pierce through the silence of the alley. Just 50 meters away from the main road, she listened as scuffles of feet ran past, not bothering to even give a glance at the secluded and filthy place until soft footsteps and the cocking of gun pierced through the silence, announcing that danger was near.

She waited anxiously but patiently, behind the crates of boxes for her time to strike. It was going to be tough, as she did not know the number of people who have intruded the area. The only thing she knew was that she had to rely on her quick reflexes and sudden attacks in order to live. She had to escape within the shortest time, before all the others could be alert. That was the only way for her to survive.

---

Jessica staggered through the door of her one-room flat, her clothes and body stained with blood. She threw her bloodstained double knives into the kitchen sink as she proceeded towards the bathroom, peeling her clothes off her body. Blood was dripping down onto her marbled floor with every step, but she could not care less. All she wanted was just to have a quick shower and head for bed. Her tired body could no longer withstand the tiredness and pain from all the wounds and bruises, but she knew she still had to patch herself up before dozing the day away.

30 minutes later, an aroma smell of lavender filled the room as Jessica stepped out of the bathroom toweling her hair. Gone was the bloody odor, which stink up the whole room and sticky stains of dirt and blood on her.

Now she looked cleaner and fresher, there was no trace of the fearless girl that fought through numerous obstacles, wielding her blades through the bodies of the men.

 

Flashback

"Jessica... Jessica Jung... Come on out now. You can hide no more...

Jessica..."

Jessica crouched by the side of the box, waiting patiently for the right moment to strike. Just like what the Sun Arts of Warhad written, if one wants to defeat a whole lot of army, one should defeat its general first. Only then, even thousands of armies will be thrown into array and one would be able to fight to victory easier.

Jessica was going to do just that. It was impossible for her to defeat tens of men by just relying on her double knives. She had to at least kill their leader before making her escape. That would make her night there worthwhile.

"Jessica Jung... Stop hiding... i can see you..."

Jessica crouched lower, holding her breath as she listened for the footsteps to approach her slowly. She could sense that the first person was the leader. She had known him to be a prideful man, confident but arrogant and it would be that pride that would lead him to his downfall.

Jessica watched as a pair of feet stopped in front of her and turned to face her. She held her breath as she waited for the man to lift her covers up, revealing herself. She could feel her heart pounding furiously as she anticipated the moment that she would dive her blades into him and watched in triumph as his blood splattered out and his face would be contorted into pain. She would ensure that his life would slowly be draining out of him just like what he had done to her sister, slowly and mercilessly and painfully.

With the lift of the covers, Jessica sprang up and lunged towards the man before her, driving her knives straight into the man's heart. She heard guns rang throughout the air but she could not be bothered, all she had her focus on was the target before her, dying in her hands. She was about to get a closer look at the dying man when claps rang out in the air. That was when she realized that the guns had stopped firing.

"Well done Jessica. You are better than I expected."

Jessica turned to face the voice before turning back to take a closer look at the man that was lying on the floor, blood seeping through his wounds. It was obvious that the man was dead or close to death. There was no way he could be saved, not even with the best heart surgeon on earth.

"Y-You..."

Her eyes widen as realization hit her hard. She had killed the wrong man. The next few seconds happened very quickly. With a sudden leap, she pulled her knives out of the body and plunged straight at the leader. Hatred filled her eyes as she focused her every movement on the target. Gunshots rang frantically through the air, but she could care less. It was her one and only chance. Either she dies or they were going to perish together. She was not going to let him get away, not again.

Unfortunately for the petite girl, she missed his body by an inch as the man ducked to safety under the covers of his men. Jessica smirked as she hastily retrieved her actions, spun around and drove for the man once more. She could feel her body soaring with heat as she felt numerous bullets flew past her body, some scratching her while others managed to plant themselves inside her. Still, she was not going to resign herself to fate. Even if she had to die, she would bring the man down with her.

"Damn!"

She muttered as she missed the man once more. Time was running out as she strained her ears for footsteps that were running towards their directions. She had to escape immediately or die with regrets. With one last thought in her mind, she lunged herself at him, not minding all the bullets that were flying past her, or the intimate contact that she had with him as she drove her blades into the middle of his stomach. Almost immediately, she could smell a metallic substance in the air as blood seeped out of his body. It was as though everything was in slow motion. Her face broke into a triumph smirk when she saw him staring hard at her, his face contorted with pain and shock. She had killed him and he was going to die, without doubt. With a twist of her blades, she felt them slicing through what she believed to be his organs and pulled it out. She watched as he dropped to the ground, his hand clutching his wounds as blood continues to pour out. She had her revenge, finally.

As quick as she got back her senses, she dodged through the men who were still stunned from what had happened and escaped from the alley before bracing herself to run all the way back home. The only thing she was glad was that her house was not too far from the area. Despite it being dangerous for it was near to the crime scene, she was quite sure that those people would not be finding her very soon, at least for the next few hours or so.

Flashback end

 

Jessica clutched the pair of tweezers tightly as she bit on the towel inserted between her teeth. Her hand was shivering and her face was contorted with pain with perspiration dripping from her forehead. As she willed the pair of tweezers nearer to her body, she forced her eyes to keep open. Gently inserting it into her bullet wound, she winced and hissed at every pain that shot through her petite body. Judging from the number of scars and unhealed wounds on her body, it was not the first time that she was injured, but it was the first time that she had bullet wounds inside her. Cursing herself for being careless and not wearing a bullet proof vest, Jessica guided the tweezers towards the bullet and with one tug, she pulled the bullet out of her wound as she winced in pain. Her eyes were already clouded up with tears as she allowed them to roll down her cheeks. After all, she was the only one at home.

Slowly but gently and carefully, she patched herself up, stopping the blood and bandaging around her injured areas. All these physical pain was nothing as compared to her sister's, she told herself once and again. All of these that she was doing were for her and she would not rest till she finished her mission, her revenge.

 

Flashback

"Unnie... Unnie..."

Jessica lightly knocked against the door of her sister's room. Her sister had been locking herself in the room for the past few days, never coming out to eat or drink or even do her businesses in the washroom. It was as though her sister was not around, but Jessica knew better. She knew her sister was not in the best of mood when she witnessed her coming home all dirty and unkempt. It was as though she had not bathed for a long time and had thought nothing about it until she saw the ripped buttons on her sister's shirt and pants as well as bloodstains on her legs. It was then Jessica knew that something terrible had probably happened to her.

"Unnie... Unnie..."

Jessica banged on the door once more. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she pressed her ears against the door only to hear sobs coming out from the room. It hurt her to see her only sister cooping herself in the room and there was nothing that she could do besides praying that one day her sister would unlock the door and would come out all fine and happy just like she normally was.

 

"Unnie... Sica miss you. Unnie..."

 

Jessica slumped against the door as she wailed for her sister, mumbling that she missed her unnie a lot. In her midst of crying, Jessica had failed to hear the unlocking of the door and the creaking sound of the door opening. It was only when she felt a familiar embrace that she finally realized that she was in the arms of her sister that she missed a lot.

 

"Sica..."

 

She heard her sister's voice cracked with the mere mention of her name. Through her tears, she could see her sister's tear stained face and unkempt hair. The clothes that was on her was what she had worn since she reached home few days ago, meaning that she had not been bathing. However, at that point of time, neither the girls could care less. Jessica reached up and tightened her arms around her sister's neck, happy to see her and feel her.

 

"Unnie... I miss you..."

 

Flashback end

 

"Unnie... I miss you... a lot..."

 

Jessica gently rubbed the face of her sister through her photographs. Memories of how her sister had always taken care of her since the death of their parents were engraved inside her head. Despite them being twins, Jessica was the baby of the family, whom her parents and sister would always take care and protect her. She remembered the times when her sister would stand up for her when the irritating bullies would make fun of and . She remembered the times when her sister had comforted her and shielded her from the beatings of her parents when she failed her exams. She remembered the times when her sister would always bring her out with her friends and proudly announced that Jessica was her sister because Jessica was too shy to make friends in class. For all that she had done for her, Jessica was more than grateful because without her, Jessica would probably already given up on life.

 

Getting up from the couch and putting the first aid kit back into place, Jessica walked tiredly towards her bedroom, passing by a locked door. Stopping in front of that particular door, she felt the urge to open it and reminisced the time she had with her sister. However, she knew she should not, for it was like ripping open a wound and allowing the blood and pain fill her heart. She could not afford to be distracted now, when she was one step away, just one step away from revenge.

 

---

 

The streets were lit up with neon lights as people bustled around from clubs to pubs, chattering and laughing around as they bottomed ups glasses after glasses of alcohol. It was just the start of the nightlife but there were people who were already drunk or close to being drunk. In the midst of them all, one lady simply walked through the street, her eyes scanning the crowd for a particular person as she ignored all the unwanted presences and invitation around her.

 

An hour had passed and Jessica was slowly getting tired from the pair of high heels she was wearing. She was still on the lookout for that particular person and was cursing the amount of people that was on the streets, making it more difficult for her to find him. Jessica shook her head, dismissing all thoughts as she continued her search. After all she was in Seoul, a city that never sleeps, where night was longer and busier than the day.

 

"Hey you... young lady... come here and accompany me."

 

Jessica felt herself being pulled towards a particular table and an arm wrapping itself around her neck as she was pulled nearer to a body. Jessica, who was feeling uncomfortable and irritated, tried pulling herself out of the man's grasp, but instead she felt herself reeling in and the arm around her tightened. She felt another hand placed on her bare legs as the fingers rubbed itself against her thighs. Uncomfortable by everything, she was about to punch the man right into the stomach and flee the scene when she caught sight of a tattoo on his hand. It was a tattoo of a Chinese opera mask with the word "义" (loyalty) on it. It was common for a gang to have similar tattoos like the soaring eagle or a flying dragon, but it was rare for a gang to have a mask as a tattoo, hence it was then she knew that she was in the hands of the gang that she was finding. Smirking, she quickly went on with the scene and developed a plan in her mind. She was definitely going to finish him off. By crook or by hook, he would be joining the other guys in hell soon.

 

Jessica composed herself as she allowed the hand to run freely up and down her thighs. Even though she was uncomfortable by it, she willed herself not to lash at the crude man. After all, he was her last target. The little sacrifice she was making was nothing compared to the revenge for her sister. Therefore, she kept a small smile as she continued accepting glasses of beer from the company. She could keep her alcohol level well and Jessica knew it, but she knew if she continued to be strong and drink, she would pass out before she could do anything. Hence, exceeding the usual limit of a female by a few glasses, earning her praises and cheers from the men around, she finally succumbed to alcohol and drooped her head down, taking a glance around the excited table before closing her eyes. Despite not being able to see anything, Jessica continued to keep her other senses alert.

 

Minutes later, she felt hands shaking her body and a soft yet rough voice of a man calling for her to wake up. Still, she ignored the voice and continued to sleep. She felt hands going under her knees, lifting her up in bridal-style as she 'unconsciously' clutched onto the man's neck, snuggling in closer to his body. She could hear the man ordering one of his boys to book a nearby hotel room before cheers erupted. She could feel the stares of the man on her and was feeling uncomfortable, but she still kept up with her pretense.

 

An hour later, Jessica felt herself being put gently on the bed as a rough hand slipped underneath her shirt and caressed her stomach. She felt the insides of her stomach churning as she willed herself not to spit or puke at the man hovering above her. Slowly and steadily, the hand crept towards her waistband and slipped inside it, moving towards her lower body. It was then that Jessica decided that she should not let the game continue any longer. With the sudden open of her eyes, she sprang up and flicked open her blades, which was kept in her pockets and lunged at the man. The man had seemed shocked for a moment but recovered quickly, dodging the blades that was aiming for his heart and head in the nick of time. Seeing that she missed with her sudden attack, Jessica knew she had to move quickly. With steady breaths, she started wielding her blades towards the man in a form of what seemed to be a routine, slashing, piercing, slicing and cutting at the man. With the furious attacks coming from Jessica, there was nothing the man could do besides retreating towards the wall. When the man was finally pinned against the wall, Jessica let out a smirk, deciding that she wanted to have a game with the man. However, what she did not notice was the man was also grinning at her. By the time she realized, it was too late. With a hit on her neck, Jessica fell to the ground, unconscious.

 

---

 

Hours later, Jessica regained conscious, fluttering her eyes open as she glanced around the dark room. She tried to move her limbs, only to realize it was tied down. She heard the door open and a rush of cold air greeted her, making her shiver in cold. It was then she realized that she was barely clothed. The only thing that was covering her assets was her undergarments, which was barely enough. A shadow hovered over her, causing her to look up. However, the moment she looked up, fear seeped through her body as she watched the man before her stripped himself and climbed above her, straddling her down.

 

"Jessica Jung?"

 

The man smirked at her, as though laughing at her helplessness. Jessica cursed herself for being careless, but there was nothing she could do besides watching the scene unfolding before her. She could guess what was coming the moment the familiar face entered and got on top of her.

 

"I'm sure you know me as well as I know you."

 

The man leant in closer towards her ear and inhaled deeply.

 

"Hmm... Lavender, just like your sister..."

 

Jessica watched in horror as the man retrieved himself and his lips sensually, giving her a erted smirk.

 

"Let's see if you taste as nice and yummy as your sister..."

 

Without wasting a second, the man leant down again, this time aiming for her neck. Pressing his lips against her skin, he continued to and bit it, sliding them up and down. Jessica wriggled helplessly against the man as her brain worked to find a solution, however, seeing her all tied up, it was almost impossible for her to escape.

 

"Hmm... Your sister tasted good, but you taste even better, and you feel even better."

 

Jessica felt disgusted as the man started to trail his fingers up and down her body. With one tug at her bra, he ripped the piece off, fully exposing her upper body. Just as Jessica thought that she was about to lose her chastity, a knock on the door interrupted their session, much to the chagrin dismay of the man and relief of Jessica. 

 

The man had wanted to ignore the knocks at first but when it grew frequent, irritating him to no end, he decided to quickly answer the door and go back to whatever he was doing before. Easing himself off Jessica, he put on a bathrobe and answered the door, leaving Jessica to roam her eyes around the room, taking note of her clothes and blades neatly stack to a side. She laughed silently at the foolishness and carelessness of the man as a plan began to form in her head. It seemed that besides his built and probably his strength, there seemed to be nothing in his brain. 

It was not long before she heard the door clicked shut and the bolt on the door. Turning her attention back to the man, she smirked as she watched the man climbing on top and straddling her once again. 

 

"What are you smiling at?"

 

He asked, giving her a erted smirk as he allowed his eyes to roam around her body. Instead of fear or disgust, Jessica put on a seducing smile and batted her eyelids at the man.

 

"Why don't you untie me? I'm sure two can play the game better."

 

"Why should I trust you?"

 

Jessica lowered her voice to a whisper as she motioned him to go closer to her using her head. 

 

"I can give you the best night of your life. Even better than my sister."

 

After saying the sentence, Jessica could not help but laugh inwardly, amaze at herself for being able to say something like that. She should win the Oscar awards for her acting skills. Still, she put on a straight face as she her lips suggestively. She could see the man considering her offer as he stared at her, as though trying to see if she was lying. Sensing that she probably would be unable to escape his clutches even if she tried to, he slowly leant over to untie the ropes. 

 

Unfortunately for the man, he failed to see the growing smile on the girl. The moment Jessica felt the ropes loosen; she quickly punched the man hard in his stomach, causing him to flip over in pain. Within seconds, she leapt over to where her clothes are and as quickly as possible put on her shirt to cover herself up before pulling her blades in front of her. 

 

"Damn! You trick me!"

 

The man screamed as he clutched his stomach in pain. He could not believe that the small petite girl would be able to land such a strong hit, which surprised him. However, as soon as he recovered, he looked up to see Jessica holding her blades in front of her. Her top was on, but her legs were still bare for his feasting eyes. Seeing that, he felt aroused as he smirked.

 

"Ooh... Feisty. I like it..."

 

He ignored the pain in his stomach as he advanced towards the girl. Seeing the man walking closer to her, Jessica smirked as she waited patiently for her time to strike. She was going to be careful this time and not allow any more mistakes to ruin her plan. Slowly step-by-step, the man walked towards the girl just like a predator stalking its prey. Despite the threatening steps, Jessica stayed her cool as she waited. 

 

Suddenly, with a lunge, the man leapt onto her, attempting to trap her in his arms, but with a spin, Jessica dodged the man and sliced him on his arms. She smirked as she watched the man holding on to his arm, staring at her furiously.

 

Seconds ticked by, and either person made no movement. It was as though they were waiting for each other to strike first, to see what moves they will start with. After some time, Jessica felt that they were wasting too much time waiting, hence decided to strike first. With a sudden move, she lunged towards the man, aiming at his heart. The man reacted and dodged, but he was not fast enough, hence the blades struck into his ribcage, missing his heart by just inches. Even so, that was enough for the man as he collapsed to the ground. Hatred and anger was seen in Jessica's eyes as she stabbed him repeatedly, vending all her frustration and anger into the man, revenging for herself and her sister. The last man was down, lifeless in the pool of his own blood with stab wounds all around his body.

 

---

 

Jessica slumped down into her couch tiredly. The last man was dead, her revenge was done, but she felt nothing. There was no happiness, no relief, only hurt and tiredness. Now that she had completed her revenge, done with her promise to her sister, there was this feeling of lost and emptiness inside her. Getting up, she slowly walked towards her sister's room. It had been months since she entered and everything was the same since the day her sister left. 

 

Jessica looked around the room, the familiar memories of her sister entering her mind. Even after killing those men, there was nothing she could do to bring back her sister. Her sister was dead; she could never see her again.

 

"Unnie... Unnie... Why did you leave me alone?"

 

Flashback

 

Jessica rushed into the room when she could not find her sister anywhere. It had been days since her sister left her room. Even though the two sisters did not interact much, Jessica was still relief to see her sister acting normal, eating, watching tv and carrying on her daily lives. It only hurt that whenever Jessica goes near or touches her, she would flinch, or whenever she cries herself to sleep, or when she started hurting herself with different objects. It was to the point that Jessica did not dare to let her out of her sight, even when she had to go to the washroom. She was afraid, afraid that even if she let her sister out of her sight for 1 second, she might not see her again.

 

"Unnie!"

 

Jessica screamed when she dashed into the room, her eyes widened with shock as she ran towards her sister. Blood was dripping on the floor from a cut on the wrist and beside her sister lain a knife. Her face was deathly pale and her breath was weak.

 

"Unnie!" 

 

Jessica shouted once more, shaking her sister frantically. Her hands were clammy and trembling and her heart was anxious. She could not believe that she was seeing her sister lying on the bed with blood flowing out of her wrist. With trembling hands, she called for the ambulance, which came promptly and brought the weak girl to the hospital. 

 

Jessica followed closely behind, anxious not to let her sister out of her sight. She only stopped when the nurses into the operation theatre denied her entry. There outside, she waited nervously, pacing to and fro while glancing at the light outside the room. 

 

Hours later, the light was turned off and the doctor came out of the

theatre. 

 

"I'm sorry. We tried out best."

 

That was the only sentence Jessica heard and with that sentence, Jessica felt as though her world was plunge into darkness. Everything was gone, her sister, her only family had left her all alone in the world. She was stunned by the news and she felt lost. The only light that had been guiding her through life had blown and there was no bulb to replace it. 

 

"Unnie... Unnie..."

 

Jessica mumbled the words softly as tears escaped down her cheeks. It was not long before she collapsed onto the floor, crying her heart out for her only sister. 

 

~~~ 

 

It had been days after her sister's death and Jessica was arranging for her burial. Never once had she thought that her sister would leave before her. In fact, both the sisters had always felt that they would live together and probably die together. That was how close they were.

 

Jessica watched as the coffin slowly landed in the hole and the hole slowly being covered up. Sadness and hurt soon turned into hatred and anger as she remembered what had made her sister committed suicide. She believed that the start of all the happenings was the day her sister came back home disheveled. Even though she did not say anything, Jessica already had an idea of what had happened. That was the day, the girl vowed to revenge for her sister, tracking all the men who was involved down and taking them out one by one.

 

Flashback end

 

"Unnie... I miss you..."

 

Tears rolled down Jessica's cheeks as she wept, her heart aching badly for her sister, but she knew life had to still go on with or without her sister. People said twins have a special bond between them, hence the only thing Jessica hoped was that her sister could feel her living her life to the fullest. She was not going to forget her, but just keeping her close to her heart, experiencing everything in place of her sister.

 

-END-