Lust or Love 2/2

Life tales

The next morning, Taeyeon woke up early as usual. Her gaze wondered around the room until it landed on the person sleeping peacefully beside her. Careful not to wake the younger girl up, she gently caressed her cheeks while staring at her. It was then which she realized how smooth and fair her skin was. Just as she was gazing at the younger girl while deep in her thoughts, a slight shift of the bed jolted her back to reality. Sensing that the younger girl might wake up anytime, Taeyeon quickly picked up her clothes, which were strewn all over the floor and dash to the bathroom.

"Taeyeon... Taeyeon..."

Slowly, Tiffany rubbed her eyes as she shielded her eyes from the protruding sunlight. Getting up from the bed, she looked around her room, and found her clothes gone as usual. Tiffany frowned at the thought. She thought she would be able to see Taeyeon in the morning since the girl seemed occupied by her thoughts, in which she thought Taeyeon would sleep more. Unfortunately, Taeyeon had already left as usual. Forcing her body up, Tiffany gave a sigh before getting ready for school.

---

"Hi Taeyeon."

Tiffany greeted Taeyeon as she walked past her. However, Taeyeon seemed so deep in thoughts that she did not notice her, instead, she increased her pace and lengthen the distance between them. Once again in the day, Tiffany frowned. Taeyeon had never ignored her before, and she was always the first one who greeted her.

Probably in a bad mood. Tiffany shrugged and continued her way to school.

For the whole day, never once did Taeyeon appeared in front of Tiffany, never once did she talked to her either and never once did she smiled at her when they met in the hallway. Tiffany could not understand what was happening to the girl. It was never she to ignore Tiffany, at least not the whole day. She did not reply her text messages, neither did she answer the phone calls. In short, there was no reply from Taeyeon at all. It was as though she changed and this carried on the whole week.

On the other hand, Taeyeon was battling the increasing of heartbeats and fluttered butterflies in her stomach whenever she was near Tiffany, or whenever she hear her voice, see her text messages so on and forth. Basically it appeared whenever there was something related to Tiffany, even when she appeared in her mind. Taeyeon did not understand it either, to why she was feeling that, to why she felt her blood boiling when Siwon went close to Tiffany.

Even though, Taeyeon avoided Tiffany throughout the day, there are times in which she would bump into her unknowingly, and found her talking and laughing with Siwon. It was then when Taeyeon felt anger rose within her, when she felt that she wanted to punch the guy right in his face.

I'm not jealous right, am I? It can't be. I must be spending too much time with Tiffany. I'm not attached to her. We are only into physical attraction. That's it.

Taeyeon repeated the words in her mind continuously non-stop. It was until she bumped into someone that she realized she was not watching where she was heading.

"Taeyeon, are you alright?"

A soft husky voice penetrated into her ears. The one that made her heart fluttered, that made her nervous, that made her confused.

"Y-yes... Sorry."

Quickly, Taeyeon took her books, and without looking at the person, she scurried off, leaving the person behind bewildered.

Tiffany watched as the figure took off in the opposite direction and disappeared around the corner. She had wanted to talk to Taeyeon about the ignoring and the avoiding, but when she saw her, she suddenly lost confidence and forgot what she wanted to say before. Before she knew, Taeyeon had already left.

"Physical attraction? Tiffany? What's all that about?" Tiffany muttered under her breath. It then dawn to her that Taeyeon was talking about her and physical attraction? She was just physical attraction to Taeyeon.

Tiffany felt her heart sinking as she thought about the things that Taeyeon was muttering. She had thought Taeyeon would at least be attracted to her in some other way if they spent more time together, but in the end, it all bored down to physical attraction. Taeyeon was only attracted to her physically and not emotionally. Trudging her way home, Tiffany felt as though her hopes have been crushed. She would have realized it before, they were nothing but friends with no string attached.

---

"Hi Tiffany."

"Hi Siwon."

Tiffany gave a small smile before continuing her way. Ever since she realized Taeyeon's relationship with her, her smile drooped. Her eyes, which were once sparkling with energy and happiness were now lifeless ever since Taeyeon severed all contact and avoided her totally. She was at a lost of what to do, she did not know what she did wrong and neither did she know what happened. It was as though Taeyeon decided to break off all contact with her without any explanation or whatsoever.

"Are you okay, Fany?"

Tiffany looked at Siwon worried face and felt glad that she had at least one friend who was concerned about her.

"Yeah. I'm just a bit tired."

"Really? You seemed unhappy these few days. Erm.. If you want to talk I will lend you my ear, or if you need, my shoulder."

Siwon scratched the back of his neck and gave an awkward laugh. Looking at the sight, Tiffany laughed. Although it was not the usually loud and hearty laugh, Siwon was still glad that he had at least made Tiffany laughed.

"Thanks Siwon. I'm fine."

"Okay then, if you need anything, I'm willing to lend you."

With a wink and a wave, Siwon walked away, leaving Tiffany smiling slightly at his back. Unknown to them, a small figure was watching them.

 

"Fany, can you go with me to the garden? I need some help in moving the plants. The guys aren't around and I saw you so..."

"Great."

Tiffany was back to her old self, smiling brightly till her eyes disappeared into a thin line and chattering for all that was worth. It seemed as though the tiredness and lifelessness she had for the past month were gone.

"Thanks Fany, I won't know what to do without you."

"Anytime Siwon."

"As a thank you, here's my gift for you."

Siwon raised his cupped hands and put in front of Tiffany. Smiling brightly, Tiffany looked at his hands and wondered what it would be.

"Thanks Siwon, but you don't have to."

"No problem. It's my pleasure anyway. Come'on nearer, I'll show you."

Tiffany went nearer to Siwon's hands, her eyes gleaming in anticipation. On the count of 3, Siwon opened his hands, and immediately something pull out from it and went straight to Tiffany's face.

"Ah~~~~! BUGBUGBUGBUGBUG~~~~~!!!!”

A loud scream pierced through the quiet surroundings, loud enough for those nearby to think of it as thunder if not for the seemingly clear blue sky above. Soon after the screams died down, soft sniffs could be heard.

As fast as Tiffany screamed, someone else dashed out from a dark corner and ran enough towards the duo. Instinctively, her arms ran over the girl's shoulders as she whispered consoling words to calm the girl down.

After making sure the girl in her arms had calmed down, the intruder stood up and glared at Siwon, who apparently had been frozen by the startled expression of Tiffany.

"What do you think you are doing?"

Siwon shifted his gaze from the sniffing girl to the angry girl and felt his body freezing up, this time in fear.

"Don't you know that Tiffany is scared of bugs?"

"I-I know."

"You knew but yet you showed her a bug?"

"I-I didn't know s-she w-was this afraid of it. I'm sorry, Taeyeon."

Siwon could feel the glares from Taeyeon penetrating through him. If stares could kill, Siwon would probably have dropped dead right at that moment.

"You don't know? It's already a miracle that she did not freak out when you even suggested her to help you in the garden."

Taeyeon raised her voice as she felt her blood boiling. It seemed ridiculous that Siwon did not even know what Tiffany hated or was afraid of, especially when he likes her. Instead, Taeyeon believed that Siwon knew about the other girl's fear of bugs and that he had purposely brought her there for whatever reasons that she does not know, probably to harm her.

Siwon stared at the ground, his head hung low from embarrassment. As much as it was true that he did not know much about Tiffany's fear of bugs, it seemed stupid especially when the whole school knew his liking for her. He should have known about the little things of her without her telling. Just then, all he felt was himself shrinking smaller and smaller under Taeyeon's intense and furious gaze.

"Stop it Taeyeon."

Another voice broke through the silence. Siwon and Taeyeon turned to Tiffany to find her staring at Taeyeon, her eyes furious with anger.

"Let's go Siwon."

Taeyeon watched as Tiffany grabbed Siwon's hand and started pulling him out of the garden.

"Wait."

Taeyeon grabbed the free arm of Tiffany, causing her to stop without any intention of turning around to face the girl.

"He just scared you, and you want to go with him?"

Tiffany closed her eyes, taking in short deep breaths in attempt to calm herself down.

"Let go Taeyeon."

Her voice was firm. However, this time, Taeyeon was not about to let go of Tiffany's arm, not when she finally sorted out her feelings and everything. Instead, she gripped harder on the girl's arm, causing the girl to turn around.

"What if he harms you? What if he hurts you?"

"He won't Taeyeon."

"How do you know?"

"Then how do you know?"

Tiffany could feel her anger flaring up. To her, it does not make sense for Taeyeon to disappear and avoid her no matter countless of times that Tiffany had called or look for her. Yet now, she appeared just as suddenly as she disappeared and became all so overprotective of her, or rather, interfering with her life. She had wanted to let out all her frustrations, everything that she had been keeping in her heart for the past month.

"I... I..."

"Let me tell you then. I know that you have been following me around from my house to school, to classes, to everywhere that I have been. I knew that you are around, but yet no matter how much I tried to contact you, tried to talk to you, you ignored me. It was as though you just avoided me and disappeared out of my life when all the time I knew that you were around. You know what hurt most? What hurt most was that you didn't even give me a single explanation. Not at all. I'm tired Taeyeon. I really am. I regretted stepping into your life few months ago, I regretted allowing you to come to me for the past few months for it, the only thing that I don't regret was the times that we spent together. That was the only thing I like. I thought you would change, but you did not. After all, all you had for me was physical attraction. That was all..."

Taeyeon watched in silence and shock as Tiffany let out all her frustrations. Her anger turning first into sadness and then to disappointment when she mumbled out the last few sentences. She never knew this was what Tiffany felt and noticed during the past month. All she had cared was her feelings; she had not even bothered about Tiffany's feelings. Suddenly, all the guilt started rushing up inside her.

"I-I'm sorry..." Taeyeon mumbled out the 3 words.

"Sorry doesn't mean anything. At least not anymore. I thank you for the wonderful time we had together, but I guess all these ends here."

Tiffany took Siwon's hand, but before she took the first step, another hand grabbed on her wrist once more.

"I was afraid..."

Tiffany stopped, letting the words settled into the atmosphere as she waited for the older girl to continue.

"I was confused of the feelings I had. It was different from all the girls I had in the past. The nights, the touches, and the times we were together. It was a totally different feeling from what I experienced before. I don't know what was happening to me. It didn't happened before. I was afraid; I don't know what you felt about me. I thought we were just friends with benefits, I thought all I had to you was physical attraction, and that it would disappear if I avoided you. But this one month had proved me wrong."

Taeyeon gave a slight pause, allowing the words to sink in Tiffany's heart. Her heartfelt confession had caused the younger girl to release her grip on Siwon, and Siwon stood there, awkward to be the only guy and outsider. He had known that Tiffany had liked the shorter girl, but he never knew that she also liked Tiffany.

Hearing this for the first time, though he felt his heart being ripped apart, he knew as long as Tiffany was happy, he was willing to give up on her. Besides being friends with Tiffany for the past few years, he knew they would just stay as friends without taking a step further in the relationship.

"I'm sorry for following you, for not contacting you. It was during this period that I realized how I grew on you, to become accustomed of your voice, to become addictive of your touches, to become appreciated when I was with you. It was then that I realized that I liked you more than just physically. It was then that I realized how much I wanted you by my side. I'm sorry if I had caused so much hurt and for making you disappointed. I was too caught up with my feelings that I didn't notice yours. I can understand if you decide not to forgive me."

After pouring her heartfelt confession to the stunned girl, Taeyeon dragged her feet away. The tears that had been accumulating in her eyes flowed freely down her cheeks as she used her hands to wiped them off. Tiffany, on the other hand, stood at the same spot, stunned by Taeyeon's words. She did not know how confused the girl would have been and the changes within her. She too, had been too caught up with her anger to fail to realize the other girl's confusion.

Tiffany recalled on the days in which Taeyeon would stare at her, her eyebrows furrowed together and times in which she caught Taeyeon hiding behind a lamp post, but her eyes were staring downwards as if lost in her thoughts or times in which Taeyeon would unknowingly bumped into someone, apologizing to them and glance in her direction before leaving. As much as Tiffany was angry with Taeyeon for avoiding her, she felt guilty for not understanding Taeyeon's situation and noticing the small changes that she had. All of a sudden, she felt helpless and lost. She did not know what to do with the situation.

"You should chase after her."

A deep voice broke her train of thoughts. Tiffany looked up and saw Siwon looking at her affectionately.

"Chase after her. Tell her that you accept her apology. Tell her that you forgive her. And most importantly, tell her you accept her confession."

Tiffany looked quizzically at Siwon.

"I will be your brother from now on, Fany. I know how you feel. We will just be friends. Friends forever!"

Siwon spoke with a sad smile. Seeing Siwon's sad smile tugged something inside Tiffany's heart. However, it was also his encouragement and understanding that Tiffany suddenly saw a bright sun peeping out inside her. Nodding her head, Tiffany ran quickly to chase after her love.

Luckily for her, despite her few minutes of clearing her mind, Taeyeon had not walked very far, since she was dragging her feet with each step. Giving a small smile for encouragement and her eyes b with determination, Tiffany ran towards the smaller girl and grabbed her by the wrist.

"I'm sorry Taeyeon, for not noticing the changes in you, for being angry without knowing the real reason. I forgive you."

After finishing the sentence, she loosened her grip of the girl's wrist and stood there with her head downwards. She did not know what reaction to expect from the older girl.

"You really forgive me?"

A soft meek sound was heard. Tiffany looked up and saw the shorter girl staring at her face, biting her lower lips. If not for the situation, Tiffany would have laughed at the cute expression the girl was making. Nodding her head, she allowed her gaze to settled on the shorter girl's face, taking in every feature on her face.

"Really?" The voice sounded hopeful.

"Yes. And I accept your confession."

Suddenly not knowing where to look, Tiffany allowed her eyes to dart everywhere but Taeyeon's face.

"Really?"

Instead of responding, Tiffany gave a small shy smile. What seemed like a few seconds later, Tiffany felt arms embracing her and she was engulfed into a big hug.

"I promise I will not make you angry or sad or disappointed anymore."

Taeyeon said while hugging the younger girl, as though her life depended on it. Tiffany gave a satisfied smile, allowing herself to be embraced by the smaller girl. Soon, she felt hands creeping underneath her shirt and soon after she was squirming under the touches. Wriggling out of the hug, she stared at the older girl while she pouted with her arms crossed. Suddenly, it seemed as though the tables had overturned and Tiffany was the one in the wrong.

"I missed that."

"W-what?"

Tiffany stuttered though fully aware what was about to happen.

"What we have been missing for the past month."

"No, Taeyeon. I'm not going to let you this time."

"Really?"

Tiffany shuddered at the mischievous glance in Taeyeon's eye.

"But I know you will. After all you always give in to me without protest. I know this time won't be any difference."

Taeyeon gave a confident chuckle as she grabbed the younger girl's hands and pulled her towards Tiffany's house. Just as she expected, the younger girl moved along without any protest, and the same happened when they were at home.

-End-

A/N: The end, is not the end... So just wait, might have another story of pairing coming up... Till then...