Point

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, 2013



Onew's eyes skimmed through the packet of paper he found on his desk when he first came into the building. For the 10th time that day, he also wondered why it was that he accepted such a job anyway. His office was on the 3rd floor, at the end of the long hallway to be secluded from everyone else. Jonghyun hadn't come up after his training yet, and Onew wasn't waiting for Jonghyun to arrive, either.

"You're my hyung because you're above everyone else." Onew wondered why every time he thought of the younger, something he'd once told Onew or what someone else once told Onew would pop into his mind. He sat back in his chair, his hands rubbing at his temple.

His eyes landed on a calendar in the corner wall of his office- a present from his boss, they said. The month's picture just had to be of Jonghyun and his perfect... oh so very perfect hair, and his beautiful eyes, and pearly white smile, and his muscular upper body. It made Onew remember back when Jonghyun still had innocence and simple beauty... but now, he wasn't just an innocent beauty, but an icon of humanly perfection. Once again, Onew felt he was insignificant compared to the younger male.

A knock on his door startled him and he sat up again to see a tall, blonde haired male give him a small smile, "Onew ssi? I'm Wu Yi Fan, or Kris, leader of Exo M."

Nodding, Onew motioned for Kris to take the seat across from him, clearing his throat lightly, "You don't need to be formal, Kris-ah. I might be your boss, but I'm around your age. Is there something you need from me?"

Kris put his hands on his knees and leaned forward, taking a deep breath, "I want to apologize on behalf of Sunny's behavior yesterday. She was just being a loyal friend to Jessica, and although she was rude, I know she didn't mean to offend you."

An eyebrow raised, Onew pursed his lips together. The male obviously did not know of Onew and Jonghyun's past together, or the way Sunny and Taeyeon once acted toward him. However, because he realized Kris' attention was pure, he let out a sigh and mentally forgave the female, "I completely understand, Kris-ah. If you don't mind me asking, however, why is it that you're asking for forgiveness instead of Jessica or Sunny?"

Onew could have sworn that Kris' expression looked crestfallen for a moment, but immediately, he covered it up with a smile, "Jessica and Jonghyun are practicing for a new duet, and the rest of the SNSD members are spending time with the Super Junior members."

"A duet." Onew didn't understand why hearing that affected him anymore. The two of them were getting- suddenly, he couldn't even think of what they would be doing. His heart just think it was right anymore. Jonghyun himself stated that he didn't love her, so why was Onew hesitating again? Before he could go into his own world, full of his thoughts, someone cleared his throat, and he looked up to see Kris smiling slightly. That made Onew chuckle, as Kris looked greatly uncomfortable in the little office chair, "Is there anything else you need, Kris?"

Shaking his head rapidly, Kris stood up, knocking his chair backward and chuckling where he stood, "Sorry, I'm not usually like this."

Onew remembered seeing Kris in a reality show and thinking the guy was arrogant and a bit too serious-faced. Seeing him now, however, made Onew remember himself when he was younger. Kris, this male cared a lot about someone, and something told Onew that someone was Jessica. The fact that he cared for her enough to apologize for her friends... Onew couldn't help but admire him and slightly question his sanity as well.

He stood as well, chuckling as he bowed his head, "It's okay, Kris-ah. Please go and enjoy your day."

Kris took one more bow and then speedily left the meeting room, brushing Jonghyun's shoulder as they passed each other. Jonghyun blinked after Kris, then fixed the chair the taller male was sitting in, staring up at Onew as he sat down himself.

Clearing his throat, Onew went back to reading his paperwork, pretending to be busy while taking little glances up at Jonghyun, only to see him staring back each time.

"You've changed a lot." Jonghyun said, in a way that sounded as if the younger was deep in thought, "You have muscles now, and blonde hair. It's not what I'm used to seeing Lee Jinki look like."

"Onew." the older male said instantly, clearing his throat when Jonghyun looked up at him quizically, "I'm Onew now. No one calls me Lee Jinki anymore anyway."

"Why did you change your name, hyung?" Jonghyun asked, sighing as he leaned forward in his seat, elbows on his knees, "Lee Jin Ki... Jinki. It was the most beautiful name for the most beautiful person, but you changed it."

His heart was beating rapidly, and Onew knew he had to say something before the memories filled his mind again, before they could take control of him and turn him into a mess. He didn't want to remember Jonghyun's loving gaze, his strong grip, his wonderful personality... how he loved everything about Jinki, from his name to his crooked nose.

"Kim Jonghyun." Onew said, slowly rising from his seat, "I don't understand why you keep bringing up the past like we had something-"

Jonghyun stood so quickly that his chair fell to the ground, taking a step forward and grabbing Onew's collars, pulling him down to level, "Let me get something straight, Onew. You're telling me that all the memories we had together, the time you said you loved me- it was all nothing to you?"

Onew remembered that Jonghyun sometimes became violent when it came down to something he really cared about; like when Kibum had gotten himself punched in the face merely for being homoual, or when Taemin was pushed down the stairs by his bullies. Jonghyun was someone with undying loyalty towards everyone and everything he came into contact with, and though Onew was glad this didn't change about Jonghyun, he found himself both attracted to and slightly fearful of his younger friend.

Jonghyun walked around the table, and feeling the worst, Onew braced himself for impact.

 

Seoul, 2008



Jinki couldn't believe the stormy weather when he opened his eyes saturday morning. He was supposed to bring the stage equipment to the school today for the Talent Exhibition the coming friday, but with the rain and his own clumsiness, Jinki knew there was no chance he could finish all of this work on his own. He walked around his bedroom and grabbed his little phone from his desk.

"Who should I call..." Jinki muttered to himself. He called practically everyone he knew except for Kibum and a certain younger male. Why was it that the one day he needed help, everyone was busy or sick? Taemin had answered saying he had an upset stomach and Minho had training. Kim Sunggyu, his own vice president told him he wasn't able to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter