Shaking

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, 2013

 

He found himself squished between Taemin and Kibum on his own couch. Well, not his, but his parent's house was still technically his house. He had expected them to have dragged him out to lunch and make a big deal out of him not talking to them for years- but it was as if he'd never left. Minho and Taemin were playing on his video games, Kibum had a fashion magazine in his hands, and Jonghyun... well, he was over at the piano, ignoring everyone else.

Onew sat there uncomfortably, his eyes glancing around at his friends and waiting for them to ask questions. However, none of them spoke as they waited for Onew's parents to come home with their lunch. He would have rather had them drop him off and then go home, but they pushed passed him into the house.

Onew stood up and scratched his head, walking away from the living room with all four males watching him.

"I'm just going to get some water." Onew stuttered, walking into the long hallway.

He walked into the kitchen, memorizing every inch of the room, from the broken floor tile at the corner of the room, to the poor rose he'd once drawn when he was a lot younger. Chuckling, he walked over to the rose he drew, squatting down to trace his fingers over them and remembering a clumsy and crazy Jinki from his past.

He didn't realize someone was watching him as he stood back up, walking toward the kitchen window and staring at the backyard he'd once played in as a child. Thinking something was on the glass, Onew rubbed at it with his hand, before realizing it wouldn't come off. Taking a step back and peering into it, he realized it wasn't a stain, but a reflection. He turned to see what was being reflected and jumped slightly at Jonghyun, leaning on the wall, his lifeless eyes looking straight at Onew.

Jonghyun stepped away from the wall and closer to Onew, who backed away until his back hit the counter. Just before Onew could move away, Jonghyun's hands slammed down on the counter at either side of Onew.

"Jonghyun-ah." Onew almost cursed at himself for the way the younger's name rolled off his tongue.

"Don't say my name." Jonghyun growled, looking straight into Onew's eyes, "Lee Jinki- No, Onew. You lied to me, once about loving me, and second about not being you. You don't have the right to say my name anymore.

Onew was both afraid of the younger, and desperate to hold him in his arms again. Jonghyun's eyes weren't void of emotion anymore, and although he was hatefully glaring at the elder, still all Onew could do was get into his gaze. Before he knew what he was doing, Onew had closed his eyes and pressed his lips against Jonghyun's. He missed Jonghyun's small and built frame, his sharp eyes and, and the way their lips fit perfectly together when they kissed. When their lips met, the bad memories slipped away and he felt as if they were young and in love again.

The doorbell ringing woke both men, Onew pushing Jonghyun away and covering his lips as he mentally scolded himself for what he did. Jonghyun's own eyes were widened with surprise filling them, his tongue moistening his swollen lips. Onew swallowed a knot in his throat, pushing passed Jonghyun to stop himself from kissing him again.

"Umma, appa!" Onew said politely, bowing to his parents.

His mother, on the other hand, practically jumped over to Onew, hugging him tightly and sobbing as her son patted her back gently, "Jinki-ah"

"On-" He stopped himself from correcting her. It was his mother, after all.

His father had come up to him, patting his back gently, "It's been a while, Jinki."

Onew chuckled and nodded as he pulled back from his mother, gently wiping her tears away, "It feels good to be home, appa."

Everyone took seats around the dining table with Onew at the top of the table, Jonghyun taking the farthest but worse seat, all the way at the end of the table.

Seoul, 2008

 

Wednesday after school, the 5 males were scheduled to meet up for dance rehearsals, but Jinki had already told the student government he would help with designing the stage. When he entered the dance room in his normal clothes, the others looked up at him in shock and confusion.

"You're not staying today?" Taemin asked, sadness seeping into his expression.

Jinki scratched the back of his head nodding, "I have to go home, get the supplies, and help with the designing."

"Oh, you're starting today?" Minho asked, his eyes widening in surprise.

"Deh." Jinki grinned, nodding, "I have to finish building the stage so I can help plan the other events."

"Other events?" Kibum asked, then blinked as if he just realized that Jinki was about to graduate and had to also plan the week of activities for his year's students.

The door of the dance room opened, and Jung Jessica herself walked in a couple of the popular girls of the school behind her, Kim Taeyeon and Lee Sunkyu, otherwise known as Sunny, following her. Jinki knew the two girls very well. Taeyeon was someone he'd known since young as they lived near each other and he frequently watched her getting spoiled by her parents, and Sunkyu was a frequent detention goer. In short, they seemed to fit perfectly together.

"Well look who it is." Sunny smirked, walking forward and leaning her hand up to ruffle Jinki's hair, "The hall monitor."

Jinki's face set straight as he kept calm. He didn't like how Sunny constantly made fun of him and thought little of him, but as the student government president, he knew he had to keep his reputation intact. Instead, he took her hand and put it down, "Miss Lee Sunkyu, if I have my facts correct, you should be home right now serving your suspension."

Sunny gave him a murderous glance as she shuffled back to Jessica, who stared straight at him to remember who he was. As soon as she realized, she took a step up to him and bowed, "It's nice to see you again, Jinki. Forgive Sunny-" she turned to give the other a nasty look, "I live near her right now, and when I found out she went to this school, I brought her with me so she could help me find Jonghyun."

Jinki's lips twitched in slight irritation as she brought up the younger male's name. He didn't want her anywhere near Jonghyun for some reason, even though he knew it would be best for Jonghyun to stay with her.

"Jessica-ah." Jonghyun said suddenly, making Jinki feel uneasy about their casual attitude toward one another. Jonghyun stood and walked up to them, standing so close to Jinki that their arms brushed against each other, "You should have called and told me what you needed."

Jonghyun must have sensed how uncomfortable Jinki was, because his thumb kept rubbing against Jinki's palm. Jinki glanced at him from the corner of his eye, and sure enough Jonghyun was glancing back at him before turning and smiling brightly at Jessica.

"I wanted to call you but someone in this school stole my belongings." Jessica said, as if it was natural and she was used to it.

"Yeah, I guess someone's been doing their job of ke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter