Constant

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note #1: First and foremost, thank you to all my subscribers, commenters, and silent readers. You don't know how much it means to me that I have so many people interested and supportive of this story. Each comment I receive lights my face so brightly that I sometimes walk through the halls in school and my best friend has to pull me so I don't bump into people as I read what you all say. So recently I've been thinking of other projects I can finish after this story, which will probably end at around 15 chapters. Since I have no idea which ships are popular and whatnot, here's my proposition to you all. Pick a  ship, any ship at all; tell me about their personalities; the type of genre you want me to write it in, whether it be angst or fluff; how long you would prefer it to be; and then just leave the rest to me. You can comment under this chapter, write on my wall, message me- whatever you want. I cannot promise to write , though, because I'm a lot better at the other type of writing, as shown in this story. I'll definitely take all of your suggestions and keep them in mind for the next story, but I will only work on one story at a time. Less generic ships (like JongYu) get more points. xD


Seoul, 2013



Onew lounged on the couch at home, his eyes shut as a lazy grin set on his face, imagining Jonghyun's face behind his closed eyes. He could hardly believe that he finally told Jonghyun he loved him again, and his heart beat rapidly when thinking about it. Now that he thought about it, he wondered why he had to leave in the first place and leave such a wonderful male behind.

Then, a loud sigh and couple of curses escaped his lips as he remembered, running a hand through his hair as he sat up again, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. His arm reached out and he picked up the can of beer he had left on his table earlier, flicking the top open and taking a slow sip of the alcohol, letting it burn down his throat. He looked across the living room to a mirror hanging on the wall, studying his own expression carefully. He didn't really enjoy having his blonde hair because he always thought he looked better with his natural hair color. He wasn't like Kibum who could dye his hair any color and get away with it. He wasn't like anyone else when it came to his looks, always believing he was on the bottom of the pile while everyone else piled far above him.

The sound of the shower turning off jerked him out of his thoughts, his eyes darting around to the bathroom door. He had almost forgotten that Jonghyun was there after the meeting, claiming that he wanted to shower and then spend time with Onew rather than go to his parents apartment. Being a stubborn male, Jonghyun refused to go back to his and Jessica's apartment, saying that she would be crying and making those faces as if they should both believe Jonghyun was the one in the wrong.

He didn't argue with this, of course. Onew believed that anything that could give him more time with Jonghyun would be perfect. After confessing he had loved Jonghyun back, his office phone had beeped and the two jumped away from each other, startled as Onew quickly ran over to the phone and answered it hoping he could finish quickly and Jonghyun and he could go back to what they were doing. He was wrong though, as apparently, the higher ups wanted a stack of papers that had been left on Onew's desk finished immediately and sent back to them.

That put off the romantic atmosphere the two had created, even though the frustration was still thick in the air. However, now they were at Onew's parents' home, and it was just the two of them as his parents went off on a business trip. Although he knew it shouldn't be so awkward considering they had done it together recently, it felt especially different because they were both sober and definitely would be aware of their actions the next time they decided to do it.

At that moment, Jonghyun walked out of the bathroom, wearing only a pair of sweatpants he had borrowed from Onew, his hair and torso still sporting a few water drops that Onew shamelessly followed with his eyes.

With a devious grin playing his lips, Jonghyun pulled Onew up with one arm, tugging the older man up to his bedroom. Onew imagined them as being one of those young couples, sneaking away from a party to do unspeakable things in another's bedroom. But of course, that wasn't the case here, and they were together officially, after years of being apart, and they were heading to Onew's bedroom.

Jonghyun opened the door and all but threw Onew onto the bed, leaving the older male to watch him, silently and in shock as Jonghyun locked the door and slowly walked over to him, as if he was a lion and Onew his prey. Then, without warning, Jonghyun pounced on Onew and rolled off, laughing all the while as he pulled Onew close to him.

"You're a crazy male." Onew chuckled, tugging his shirt off before curling against Jonghyun's broad chest, his face buried in the younger male's neck as he breathed in his scent.

Peppering kisses against Onew's skin, Jonghyun nodded, laughing as he ran his tongue against the hickey he had created earlier, having the older male's soft moan in his ear, "I love you, hyung"

Onew pulled back slowly, reaching his hand up to slowly at Jonghyun's cheek, a hum of laughter escaping his lips, "I love you too, Jonghyun-ah."

Playfully, Jonghyun pushed Onew's head back, and in return, Onew had grabbed onto his waist, rolling them over so he was on top of the younger male. Jonghyun had the same devious grin on his face, and Onew wanted nothing more than to wipe it off, and he did- with his lips. With a soft chuckle, Jonghyun had caught Onew's wrists in his hands and flipped them over.

"Let go of me." Onew laughed, trying to pull his arms away. It proved to be no use, however, as Jonghyun had always been the stronger male and had his hands held tightly over his head.

Leaning in, Jonghyun trailed butterfly kisses up Onew's neck, gently on the older male's ear and getting him to let out sounds of pleasure. He pulled back slowly, resting his forehead against Onew's as his hands cupped the male's cheeks, "I'll never let you go again."

Onew's heartbeat flooded his ears and he nodded, pulling Jonghyun's waist onto his and pressing his lips against the youngers in a desperate way. A year ago, if he were told he would finally be able to be with Jonghyun for the rest of his life, he would have laughed and walked away. Now, there was no greater joy in his life, happy tears leaking out of his eyes as they kissed.

Jonghyun kissed Onew's tears away, whispering soothing things against the older male's skin, his hands roaming over Onew's bare chest. He had a lot in store for the older male to show him just how serious Jonghyun was.

 

Seoul, 2008



Jinki had always had an extreme disliking to his mailbox, as it only ever held invitations to parties his parents were expected to go to and spend money for. He refused to go near the thing, but on the day after his argument with Jonghyun, he noticed that his mailbox was empty, all except for one letter sticking out of the mail slot. He would have ignored it and kept going, but suddenly he noticed his own name on it with big, fancy script. Cautiously, he took the letter in his hand, raising an eyebrow, noticing it was from a university in Bangkok, Thailand. He'd always been interested in Bangkok, but hadn't applied to any universities out of the country as he didn't want to be separated from Jonghyun.

He started walking to his front door but stopped at the sound of tire screeching, refusing to turn around even though he knew just who it would be, visiting him. Jinki let out a deep sigh and started walking again, then realizing he hadn't locked the gate as the sound of several feet followed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter