The Third Time

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bangkok, 2014


Half of a year, and Onew still felt empty and heartbroken. Half of a year, since the last time he'd seen the love of his life and almost lost him. In half of a year, a lot can change. Half of a year, that was the last time he'd spoken to the younger male, as well. Due to the fact that he only wanted Jonghyun to be able to heal properly without feeling guilt or straining himself, he'd made their friends vow not to give Jonghyun his contact information.

Currently, Onew was getting ready to finish the last step of selling his company over to a largely successful partner company, a grin on his face as he realized that later that day, he would be able to return home to Jonghyun.

He was recovering well, according to Jessica, who had made ammends with Jonghyun and took care of him like a sister would her brother. At first, it made Onew a little jealous, considering they had been together before, but he knew, through Jessica's words, that Jonghyun was missing him and only him.

"He has nightmares sometimes, and reaches out for you in his sleep." She explained. Onew didn't question it, because he knew that accident was probably the most traumatizing eperience in Jonghyun's life, "He cries a lot, too. Kibum spends hours with him when he cries. When are you coming home, Jinki? He misses you too much for you to stay there."

"I'm on my way." Onew muttered to himself, walking into the office of the male who was going to buy the company from him. Onew wasn't too worried about work, considering the fact that SM entertainment did want him to work for them. He was worried, however, that Jonghyun would treat himself badly thinking Onew sold his company for the younger's sake.

The meeting went well, and Onew collected the check the business man gave him, almost running to the bank in his eagerness to send the money he owed back to Jessica. The banking itself took about two hours, since it was indeed a large transaction of money, and Onew tapped his foot impatiently as he counted the minutes, glancing down at his watch in worry as he waited for it to become time for him to go to the airport.

Onew had already sold the little house he lived in, which gave him more money for himself and Jonghyun for the future, and with the company now in someone else's care, Onew had no more of a reason to stay in a country his beloved wasn't living in.

So, the second, he got his transactions completed, he ran out of the bank with his luggage in hand, flagging down a taxi and mentally praising himself for shipping his other belongings to Seoul ahead of time.

The airport itself was crowded, and Onew had to push through the crowd to get to where his carrier was sitting, bowing his head deeply each time he bumped into someone accidentally.

One time when he'd bumped into someone, he almost brushed past them before his wrist was caught, and Onew looked back with wide eyes, seeing Changsun stand behind him.

"Changsun-ah! What are you doing here?" Onew asked dumbly, his eyes so wide he thought they would fall out of his skull.

Changsun merely grinned at him, shrugging his shoulders slightly, "Jessica let it slip to Sunggyu and I that you're coming back today, so Sunggyu's waiting at the airport on that side, and I'm flying back with you."

"Why did you fly all the way here just to fly back with me?" Onew asked, completely puzzled at his friend's actions.

"Because there are some things I need to say to you before you get home." Changsun said, and the two boarded the plane together, somehow luckily finding that their seats were right next to each other.

"What do you mean?" Onew asked, claiming a seat next to the window and fastening his seatbelt immediately.

Changsun picked up their luggage and put them in the overhead compartment before sitting as well, leaning back in his chair, "Jessica left some parts out of Jonghyun's story."

"What do you mean?" Onew couldn't help but blink in hesitation, his arms crossed loosely.

"He tried to commit suicide a couple of months ago, believing you weren't going to come back at all." Changsun explained, crossing his legs.

"Didn't you all tell him I'd be back?" Onew demanded, hands now gripping on Changsun's shoulders.

"We were too busy trying to make him comfortable that we forgot to explain why you weren't there." Changsun rubbed the back of his head sheepishly and Onew leaned back in his chair, taking deep breaths to calm himself, "But we explained after he attempted it. Now, whenever we go to see him, he's sitting on the window sill. Some people think he's going crazy, but I think he just misses you."

"Has he been... working?" Onew asked, turning towards the window and imagining how lone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter