Life's Journey

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, 2013


Onew stood by Jonghyun's bed, tears still trailing down his cheeks as his entire frame shook. Jonghyun was pale and his eyes were still shut tightly, and all Onew could do was stand there and wait. The doctors had told him Jonghyun needed a surgery in order to save him, and Onew ordered for it to be done, but it cost a lot of money that Onew didn't have.

By now, the other guests had left, figuring that Onew could take care of whatever needed to be done. Though he was glad for the extra space and trust everyone seemed to give him, Onew knew that he was definitely not able to make so much money on such a short amount of time- unless he sold his company.

Of course, he'd thought of selling it before, but it would take much longer than a night, and he'd have to fly over to Bangkok immediately to fill out the papers for the transactions.

Running a hand through his hair, Onew leaned forward and took one of Jonghyun's pale hands into his own shaking hand, "I don't know what to do, Jonghyun-ah."

Just as he was about to break down again, the door slid open behind him, and Onew turned in surprise as Jessica walked up to him, a kind and worried smile playing her lips.

"How's his condition?" Jessica asked him, her eyes running over Jonghyun's unconscious form.

"H-he needs to have a surgery done." Onew choked on his words and let go of Jonghyun's hand, wiping his eyes desperately as more tears formed, "And the only way I can pay for it is if I sell the company, which can't just happen in a single night."

"And you don't want to leave him here." Jessica concluded on her own, turning Onew and wrapping her arms around him comfortingly.

"It would take months for me to finish selling the company." Onew explained, hugging her as tightly as he could, which wasn't very tightly in his current state of mind, "I'll be gone for so long and what if something goes wrong while I'm away?"

Jessica hesitated for a few minutes before she pulled back, caressing his cheek and wiping a few stray tears that coursed it, "Go, Jinki. I know you don't trust me after all I did to you two, but you two have always been, and will always be perfect together. I'll pay for his surgery now, so go to Bangkok, do what you need to do-" Onew wanted to interrupt, but she held a hand out, "send the money to me when you have it. Until you're both ready to be together again, I'll take care of him."

"What about Kris?" Jinki couldn't help but ask, running a hand through his hair, "And why are you so keen on helping us?"

Jessica looked down guiltily, "I was selfish when I was younger. I took the slight feelings Jonghyun had for me and I manipulated them so we could be together, when everyone but him knew his feelings for you were greater. Years later, even after we were engaged, Jonghyun looked at me with these empty eyes and forced smiles and I realized then that I would do everything in my power to bring you back together. That's when Kibum, Kris, and I started planning."

"Planning?" Onew asked, before his mind went back in thought, "So you planned it together? The cheating, the 'reuinion', and even my working at SM?"

The female sighed and rubbed her arm, "Yeah, it sounds stupid and despicable, but I've had enough of ruining your love with Jonghyun."

"Then if you and Kris only got together for the scandal-" Onew muttered, before getting cut off.

"We are actually together." Jessica said softly, her fingers roaming where her engagement ring formerly rested on her ring finger, "We lied about the pregnancy, though. I figured it would help our split up more, and Jonghyun doesn't suffer too much from this since it was my fault."

"Why didn't you just tell him the truth?" Jinki asked, glancing to Jonghyun and wondering if the younger male could actually hear him.

"Because I deserved to be hated by him." Jessica answered, and Onew dropp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter