Bonus Chapter- An Epilogue

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, 2014


Onew walked into the restaurant with a bouquet of roses in his hand and a guitar in it's case hanging off his shoulder. It was finally the day he would propose to his other half, and though he remembered Jonghyun telling him not to propose first because he himself wanted to propose, Onew wouldn't help himself.

Earlier that week, Jessica had called Onew up with some bad news, "Since Jonghyun's been getting popular in the States, they want to send him over there for a year so he can get some connections over there."

The elder knew what that meant, of course. Either Onew would have to wait another year as the younger went and got himself more publicity in the foreign country, or Onew would have to tag along.

"I don't know if I can afford it." Onew grunted to himself tiredly, shaking his head slightly as he mentally calculated how much he would need, "I sold the company and rewired all the money back to Jessica, but I've yet to get my latest paycheck and I am not sure how much I'd need in order to live there for a year."

So in the end, he'd decided just to let the younger go to the States on his own for the year and wait for him at home. He'd called Kibum and asked the younger, since the younger had once lived in the States, but it seemed the younger either forgot everything or didn't want the elder to send Jonghyun to the States.

"The weather has been pretty bad lately, hasn't it, hyung? I've been getting sick too much lately." The younger male had ignored the topic as soon as it'd been hinted, and since Onew knew him so well, he simply hung up and called Sunggyu, instead.

His former vice president wasn't much help either. "Dongwoo's nephew came over so we've been too busy running after the kid, and I can hardly think properly right now Onew, I'm sorry."

In the end, Onew ended up glaring at his cellphone because maybe everyone was conspiring against him or something, although he didn't realize why they'd want to. Obviously they wanted Jonghyun and Onew to be together, but with them not helping him when he really needed them, he felt quite puzzled and abandoned.

Jonghyun himself hadn't said anything about having to go to the States. Perhaps it was because he knew the elder would worry and make a fuss about it, but Onew couldn't help but feel hurt as Jonghyun didn't even want to mention to him that he was going to the States.

For nearly two weeks, Onew had cut off all contact with his friends and family, and had been giving Jonghyun the cold shoulder. Jonghyun seemed to be more amused and slightly worried about Onew's pouty expression, rather than get irritated that the elder was ignoring him for such a petty reason.

It was on a Friday, just a week before Jonghyun had to leave the country, that a phone call suddenly surprised him from his work at the SM company. It was Changsun, who had an urgent tone in his speaking, "The reason why no one's been telling you about Jonghyun's moving is because no one wants him to go, Onew, but with the way you're so readily accepting his departure makes everyone wonder if you're really okay w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter