Confused

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, 2013



Part of the reason why Onew had decided to actually return to Seoul was because SM Entertainment had asked him to come in for a meeting. He had no idea as to why one of the Korean leaders of entertainment had called him into a meeting when he was only a CEO of a small company in Bangkok, Thailand, but he didn't argue.

Instead, he got dressed the second he woke up, told his parents where he was going, and left the house, taking the public city bus, rather than the car that held so many memories of the past. He was immediately given looks, as most business men chose other methods of transportation than the city bus. He chose to ignore these looks and took a seat by the window, his phone in his hand as he played Tetris.

His eyes looked out the window every few moments to make sure he hadn't passed his stop, whistling to himself as the giant SM building came into his view. Onew got up and out of the bus, doing his best not to make eye contact with anyone as he entered the building and headed to the front desk.

The lady behind the desk looked up at him for a moment before returning to her work, thinking he was just a random passerby who got lost inside the building. Onew cleared his throat, and the lady looked up at him, "Did you need something, sir?"

"My name is Onew." he said, a professional smile stretched out on his face as he spoke to her, "I was called in for a meeting?"

The lady looked on her computer and then nodded to the male, "Upstairs to the 5th floor. The elevator is right down the hall."

Onew nodded and said his thanks as he walked away to the elevator. Two younger men were already there, and turned to stare at Onew before turning back. Onew figured the two were idols because of the way they stood, arrogant and sure of themselves. The elevator door entered, and the two of them entered, making space for the elder male, "Thank you."

The two males nodded and before he could press the button to the floor he was going to, they had pressed it, making him wonder just what he was going to a meeting for.

"Sehun-ah, why did manager call us for again?" The first of the two asked, a lanky male with dark skin complexion.

"Molla, Jongin hyung." The younger, Sehun replied as the elevator stopped on the 5th floor. Onew quickly fixed his suit jacket and walked out before them, walking into the only room there, what he presumed was the conference room.

The second he walked into the room, everyone's heads shot up to see him, looking away for a moment as Sehun and Jongin walked in, before looking back to Onew. The male coughed and cleared his throat as his eyes searched the room, landing on a pair of eyes he knew very well- Kim Jonghyun. He had no idea Jonghyun belonged to SM and suddenly regretted his decision to come to the meeting when Jonghyun's gaze hardened and he looked down.

Onew then noticed the men sitting at a separate table, men that seemed as if they held authority, and he walked toward them, "My name is Onew. I was called for a meeting."

He heard the name Lee Jinki be whispered and turned his head for a moment to see Jung Jessica, as well as Kim Taeyeon, Lee Sunkyu, and other females he knew were famous. His eyes twitched as he remembered them, and turned back to the men at the table.

"Ah, you're the famous Onew-ssi." One of the men said, standing up with a kind smile playing on his lips, "My name is Lee Soo Man. Please, have a seat."

Onew looked around for a seat until realizing the elder gentleman had meant the seat next to him. Clearing his throat once more, Onew took the seat, his gaze once again searching the room. He recognized Super Junior, TVXQ's two members, F(x), and some members of Exo. They were all taking turns looking at him and then back to Soo Man.

"If you are all wondering why this male is sitting beside me, do not wonder anymore, I shall tell you." Onew's ears perked up and blinked as Soo Man gestured for him to stand up, and slowly, Onew did so, "Onew-ssi, I've heard that you've worked with several of the biggest companies all over the world."

"Yes, sir." Onew said, bowing slightly, "We just finished working with Katy Perry."

Soo Man nodded his head, as if he was impressed, before turning to his artists, "Onew-ssi, I called you over to offer you a position as the vice president of SM's distributing division." He must have seen Onew's expression, for he chuckled and began explaining, "I've been seeing your name in the magazines recently, and you have too much promise to be working in Bangkok, so many miles away from your family."

Onew could feel himself tense, but contained himself. He knew his company was small and wasn't close to home, but he was proud of himself for being able to get that far.

Seeing the hesitation in Onew's eyes, Soo Man chuckled softly and spoke again, "Alright, how's this. Work here for a week, just to see if you like it here or not. If you like it, the position will be yours permanently. If not, I will compensate the company for any money lost during the week you work here."

He was still hesitant, but Onew had to admit that the deal sounded pretty nice to him. It was a bus ride away from home, and, though he wasn't supposed to think of the younger, Jonghyun would be nearby.

Soo Man took Onew's silence as an agreement, clasping his hand on the younger male's back, "Welcome to SM, Onew-ssi. Please work hard and enable our idols to reach the next level. I will assign Kim Jonghyun to be your assistant as he is close to your age. He shall show you around as we set up your office."

Onew didn't have any time to object as Soo Man, and the other men around the table got up and left the room, leaving Onew alone with the many idols, Jonghyun included. The younger male stared up at Onew when his eyes roamed around the room, and immediately, Onew stared back. Jonghyun had bags under his eyes from a lack of sleep. All Onew wanted to do was pull the younger into his arms and his hair until he slept peacefully.

"So you're back?" Someone smirked, and Onew slowly turned his head, turning his gaze to Lee Sunkyu, "What happened? You wanted to break Jonghyun and Jessica up again?"

Onew had expected something like this when he first left, in case he met up with Jonghyun again. He looked at the female, an eyebrow arched, "Lee Sunkyu-ssi, please act like a professional when you are in a professional atmosphere."

He bowed quickly and left the conference room, pressing the button for the elevator so he could leave the wretched building. As he slipped in, however, he heard footsteps following behind his and when he turned around, Kim Jonghyun had entered the elevator and pressed on the bottom floor, only to stop the elevator when it had left the 5th floor.

 

Seoul, 2008

 

Jinki walked into school on Friday, a wide grin stretched out on his lips. He had gotten a good night of sleep, his dreams filled with Jonghyun's smile and lovely voice as he sang. He had gotten home late after working on the set for the show. The others had promised they would work on the set, but as president of the student government, Jinki felt it was his responsibility, and had finished all the designing before getting home at midnight, only to crash into bed in his uniform.

"Jinki oppa." One of the passing girls called, and his head turned slightly, watching her wave before heading off to her friends. It was a friend of his, someone in a lower class named Lee Min, a friendly girl with a passion for dancing. They had met when Jinki was her tour guide, when she first came to school, and although they weren't too close, they still spoke nicely to one another when passing.

"Hyung" Jinki turned back and swallowed a lump in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter